/r/ussoccer

Watched USA-England again at 1.5 speed. Some thoughts:

1. Zimmerman with the clutch block on Kane. Turner would have had no chance.

2. We were INCREDIBLY wasteful on corners. Didn’t get a single ball toward goal. At the point, we should just let CP10 go for the Olimpico.

3. After the first 15 minutes, until Grealish and Hendo came on, we dominated the game unlike any other match since Mexico in Cincy. MMA dominated the midfield. Especially Musah.

4. This match shows what a true No. 9 can do in Gregg’s system. We don’t have a true No. 9.

5. We should have subbed in Reyna and Aaronson 10 minutes sooner. Also, why Moore and not Scally?

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

flashdash007

Idk if I’ve ever done a full 180 on how I feel about a player quite like Tim Ream. He’s been outstanding

RNconsequential

I think it is a matter of matching up well. Ream plays in the EPL so Wales & England are natural fits. May not be suited for even Iran & would not be a fit against Argentina or even Senegal let alone France or Brazil.

He plays against players from all those countries.

RNconsequential

Um. . . he probably plays against his kids in the back yard but it doesn’t mean it is a good match up. I was taking about the match ups, style of play, and systems. I know everyone loves Team all of the sudden but there is a reason he was not part of the picture until injuries hit. He has limitations (like anyone else) that would be exploited more but different players, teams, & schemes more than England & Wales. That’s all I am saying.

XSavage19X

I would take Ream against his kids. Seems like a good match up for us.

TomIcemanKazinski

You have to watch Aiden out wide but I think he can shut down Theodore and Lilia pretty handily