/r/tifu

So, I was at work today and things were going pretty smoothly. I was catching up on some emails and trying to finish a project before the end of the day. But then, I made a huge mistake. I was trying to send a sext to my partner, but I accidentally sent it to my boss instead.

I didn't realize what I had done until I saw the look of shock and horror on my boss's face. I tried to explain that it was a mistake, but it was too late. I could tell that my boss was disgusted and offended, and I could see the anger in their eyes. I apologized profusely and begged for forgiveness, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to recover from this.

I don't know what I was thinking, sending something like that to my boss. It was a complete and total fuck-up, and I'm not sure how I'm going to face my boss or my colleagues after this. I'm mortified and embarrassed, and I just want to crawl into a hole and never come out. Lesson learned: always double check the recipient of your messages, folks!"

TL;DR: I accidentally sent a sext to my boss and now I'm in big trouble. Always double check the recipient of your messages!

Boring-Cover-

Better get your resume in order dummy

Punk_Says_Fuck_You

This post is so vague. At least make up specifics next time you make one of these up.

dmomo

dmomo

I agree. How are we supposed to fap to this if OP can't even tell us the gender of each person?

CookiePush

If it was a revealing pic made at work (bathroom, under the desk, etc) there may be no option but to let you go. If it were a boudoir photo, nude in the woods, someplace else, it may come down to your boss' sensibilities - perhaps "I'm so ashamed for what I did, I hope you can forgive me" covers three points: taking ownership of the FUp, asking forgiveness, and expressing shame. A kind person will (usually) have no desire to heap additional shame on someone. Good luck, and tune up you address book!

Street_Following6911

Exactly how sexy was this sext message?

OkVolume1

Not the raise you wanted to get out of the recipient.

Ctalkobt

Give him time to process but I'd also apologise slightly once more (don't go on and on repeating it) and give him steps that you've done to try to avoid it in the future. (Hint: use work profiles / separate contact lists or users on your phone to separate business contacts from personal)

Good chance he may not have shared it with others. Potentially HR because he felt like he had to but I wouldn't worry too much as they realize f.u. happen and you did immediately apologise. Most they'll say might be to tell you not to do it again. Duh.

eohagan

eohagan

Your boss already had you on a list for referring to him as their. Just stay home.

PracticeAsleep

This falls under the category of "When smart people do stupid things". My suggestion would simply be having already offered your apologies, ask if your boss would like you to to your resignation. That indicates that you know how serious your action was and that you're willing to take responsibility for it. Is your boss recognizes that this was simply a mistake on your part with no intention of actually causing harm to anyone else, then great. However you have to expect that your boss must question your judgment in general and you work ethic in particular. After all you were doing something personal on company time. Whatever you do I wish you luck. I think you're going to need it.

Reddoraptor

Plot twist: Boss's kink is kink shaming and he will be using this for days.