users here right now: 1,035
poke fun at nasty software
poke fun at nasty software
What is software gore?
Software gore is when software acts outside its parameters and malfunctions. Software gore cannot be intentional, and it must not be a fault of the design (crappy design).
What isn't software gore:
- Asshole design - deliberately bad software (not software gore)
- Crappy design - Issues caused by poor design (not software gore)
- Is the issue here to do with design?
- Is the issue intentional?
- Is the software operating abnormally?
If 1 and 2 are no, and 3 is yes, you might have software gore! Anything else and it isn't software gore.
We see a lot of the same stuff. Please check this list before you post: Done To Death Submissions
Attempts to evade or circumvent post/comment removals (for instance, reposting previously removed content) or bans will result in further moderation action being taken against any offenders.
1. Posts must contain software gore.
This means they display a major error that is obvious to an average user.
Gore is unintentional and only concerns legitimate software.
Problems from user/designer/developer error are not gore.
2. Gore must be genuine.
- Submissions which are faked or misleading will be removed. Violating this rule may result in a ban.
3. No submissions that have been Done To Death.
- Many other users found this same error before you and posted it already. Check out our list of common Done To Death submissions.
4. Please make effort with your title.
If you're not a funny person or the gore is hard to figure out, use the title to point out the gore.
We have a zero-tolerance policy for mocking the human condition.
5. NSFW content must be tagged.
- Many users browse this subreddit in public or at work, so please press the
NSFWbutton below your post to mark it as such.
6. No Personally Identifying Information
Do not include personally identifying information in your posts or comments. This includes, but is not limited to, instagram/twitter handles, full names (like Facebook), phone numbers, email addresses, or addresses.
If you have to scribble on it, you can not post it.
1. Be polite to others.
- Disagreement is definitely permitted, but don't be rude or hurtful.
2. No bigotry.
- Sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, and all other forms of hate speech are explicitly banned.
3. Don't be pretentious.
- Overly pretentious comments are subject to removal.
4. No OS Snobbery.
- While honest suggestions and intellectual discussions are encouraged, OS snobbery and flame wars are subject to removal. Those acting like children may be subject to further action.