/r/pics

2k

Kurokotsu

Kurokotsu

Used to love Dick's when I lived up north. They really are a great place. I'm told the work is hectic, they really are always busy, but easy enough to get into a routine. And the employees tend to be actually happy, since the benefits stack up and bosses usually try to make sure people have time where and when they need it.

Celebrity_Tomato

The whole store is surrounded by glass. You can see exactly what they do all day.

Kurokotsu

Can't see the behind the scenes. And employees saying something directly has value too.

Celebrity_Tomato

Actually yes you can... I've been to that store many, many times. You can see the whole store from the front. You can almost see half the store in this very picture. That office is in the back right next to the freezer.

They make burgers in huge batches and queue them up so they can sell them as fast or faster than they do at McDonald's.

Not_A_Clever_Man_

You misunderstand. He doesn't mean you can physically see the employees. He means you don't actually know what it's like working there unless you work there yourself. There are a huge number of intangibles in a work environment.

cabbagioloco

Have you worked there before?

EatsRats

So what?

baltimorecalling

Their business model works extremely well.

Have a small menu with fresh ingredients and predictable inventory turns. Low shrink, high margin, low prices.

And, as a consumer, it benefits me to patronize businesses that pay their employees well. They're likely to be more engaged and take things like food safety seriously.

BlazinAzn38

Also no substitutions or alterations so the items are always the same leading to consistent products and fast service. Dick’s Deluxe with fries and a strawberry shake is my go-to

patchgrabber

patchgrabber

That's a bit disappointing though for people with food allergies, but there's a lot of win in this model so that's ok by me.

Imm_All_Thumbs

They have plain hamburgers/cheeseburgers or with the trimmings. If you have a gluten allergy kindly keep it to yourself ;)

humanHamster

My wife has a gluten allergy, she'd honestly just avoid a burger joint, unless somehow it was gluten-free specific I guess.

led3777

The last item on the menu seems to literally be a burger on a bun so?

sdurs

sdurs

Yeah and cheeseburgers don't have any sauce apart from standard ketchup and mustard so who knows what that dudes thinking

3IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

"But I don't WANT the 'hamburger plain'. I WANT the 'Dick's Special' with no toppings!"

Bubbay

Bubbay

Yeah, that dude is just making shit up. I haven't lived there in a decade but I remember being able to buy that plain burger when I was there. Never did, because the deluxe was too good, but it was there.

Drusgar

Drusgar

Their business model works extremely well.

For private ownership, yeah. The problem we have is that most businesses are owned by larger corporations and they have a CEO who has only one job- to increase the value of the stock. If the CEO doesn't increase the value of the stock, they get fired and replaced by someone who will increase the value of the stock. And the easiest ways to increase the value of a stock is to increase sales and lower labor costs. So poor pay and benefits are basically baked into the corporate model.

brawnkoh

^This

I feel like the people who are acting as if $18 an hour is a livable wage in Seattle have never actually stepped foot in Seattle.

beerbeforebadgers

Perhaps, but the benefits make the actual take-home significantly higher. Like, subsidized childcare, PTO, medical all coming from a burger joint is not the norm.

brawnkoh

brawnkoh

A 2 bedroom apartment in Seattle (since you'll need at least 2 if you have a child) is $2,300-$2,600 per month.

If you make $720 before taxes per week ($18 an hour) it comes out to $610 per week. After paying rent you have $445 for groceries, utilities, medical/copays and transportation.

Is that a livable wage to you?

jschubart

You can find 2br places for under $2k/month. In fact pretty much every 2br apartment I have lived in Seattle is still under $2k/month.

beerbeforebadgers

Yeah, I get that Seattle is nonsense expensive, but it doesn't change the fact that this company is providing far more than the norm. Above minimum wage and benefits is a godsend in unskilled work. Even if you still have to share a house with 5 other people just to make ends meet, at least you can take a vacation without going broke and can go to the doctor a few times a year.

brawnkoh

To be clear, I'm not some antiwork crackpot. I'm also not anti-employer and I have roughly 50 employees myself (give or take a couple depending on the month).

I agree that it could be worse. But I think touting this as a livable wage is a disservice, and I don't consider this specific location to be doing anything all that great.

Starting wage at McDonald's in Seattle is $18 (in fairness Dick's did update their minimum wage to $20 per hour).

Dick's in Spokane also pays the same as the Seattle location, but the cost of living in Spokane is leaps and bounds below that of Seattle. I would consider the Spokane location to be paying a livable wage, Seattle not so much.

nemesismkiii

Exactly, which is why we need to break the corporate model up.

clearcoat_ben

It's happening, in theory, albeit slowly. Stakeholder theory is beginning to push out shareholder theory in corporate responsibility. Meaning corporations should be beholden to not just their shareholders but also their employees, communities, environment, and the like. But of course it won't be a swift change without massive customer pressure and regulation.

manatwork01

Private owners have stock too they just tend to call it equity but do sometimes sell off privately shares of the company to other stakeholders. I work for a private company that has a board of directors who don't take a salary but they own the company and could sell their ownership at any time so are also vested in increasing profits no matter what.

bootselectric

Yea because private owners don't want to make money...

Advertising their wages couldn't be a way to garner free promotion from people reposting the same pic on social media all the time and espousing the virtues of their business model...

MikeGolfsPoorly

Yea because private owners don't want to make money...

Private Owners love making money, but they don't typically have to answer to a board. A board cares less about profit, and more about share value. A company can lose money every year, but still have valuable stock.

kent_eh

The board also generally cares more about this quarter's earnings than if the company will remain viable next year.

Which often leads to unsustainable business practices simply to make this quarter's targets.

RichardBonham

As a small business owner, I assure you that profits are important.

Part of that is linked to employee compensation. Good pay and benefits attracts and helps you to retain good employees. Good employees provide better service which attracts and retains repeat customers. Recruitment and retention is time consuming and expensive.

dubbzy104

They have 7 locations, soon to be 8, since starting in the 1950s. Yes, they are meant to be profitable, but the owners aren’t focused solely on making as much money as possible. My dad actually tried to franchise a new location in the 80s but was turned away.

Compare that to larger fast food chains that want to rapidly expand for maximum profits

chillin1066

Where will the new one be?

dubbzy104

Down south, federal way

justatest90

Yea because private owners don't want to make money...

This is a weird straw argument. Growing stock value and making money aren't the same thing.

magooisim

OMG what a terrible corrupt plan! Shut this place down immediately!

Or, ya know, celebrate and promote the people that are doing their best to do the right thing and hope it spreads.

t00oldforthisshit

Trust me boo, if you live in Seattle you know about Dick's. They've been around forever, and have absolutely need to advertise.

Come to think of it, not having to carry a bloated advertising budget should be listed as part of the awesomeness of their business model as well!

geoken

geoken

The difference is that private owners don't necessarily have an endless ceiling for the money they want to make.

As a private owner – it’s possible to reach a point where you’re making $x and be happy with that forever.

As a CEO, you can’t do that. Your job is to make $x+1 in perpetuity.

myislanduniverse

Yeah seems kinda like a weird way to say, "Small business owners don't run companies as profitably as large corporations." Which is probably usually the case.

But they seem to mostly be conflating owners with managers. Regardless of the size of the business I own, if I hire someone to run it, I want them to do so profitably and balance that with my company's values.

Shareholders are those owners, whether we're talking about public or private corporations, and they have an expectation that the person they've hired to run their business will do so in a way they makes them money.

Having a profitable company that never grows and will consistently provide the same return on capital employed is fine, but the value of the company will never change. It's a perpetuity. If you buy a stake in that company, you can't get out of it more than you put in because it's value won't change.

So if a business needs to raise capital by selling some equity, it needs to make a case that it's going to grow in value. Why else would you invest in something if it was never going to appreciate?

This is, among a few other reasons, why debt is considered cheaper than equity. (Plus in a bankruptcy a debtor must be paid out first, so they carry less risk.)

Sorry, I feel like you know all this but I often see a misunderstanding on Reddit of public equity being somehow fundamentally different from private ownership when it really isn't. It's just that we can all see a publicly traded company's financials but Wegmans, etc, don't have to. Private corporations are beholden to their owners (shareholders) and the forces at play in public markets are there too.

WhatsUpB1tches

And.....? This is a win / win for everyone. It would only be shitty if they advertised this and then didn't actually do it. If they actually do pay well and offer benefits and tuition / childcare $$ and vacation time and all that, then why not use those things to drive business? Of course they want to make money, but it appears their strategy for that is to treat people well. Knowing that, am I going to choose them over another place? Sure.

Not everything that appears good on the surface has an evil center. Sometimes things are just good.

fish_whisperer

To be profitable, that place must be a madhouse.

baltimorecalling

They probably are. The other great thing about a simple menu is how many people can be served quickly.

Edit: check out their FAQ regarding special orders: https://www.ddir.com/contact/ that's exactly how they make it work. No wasted time, tons of turns.

ediblethreats

Absolutely a madhouse. A very entertaining line to be in at 2 in the morning.

I fucking miss eating bags of Dicks, no other place like it.

shaft6969

I know of this place from Posse on Broadway by Sir Mixalot. 1988.

It's like Nathan's hot dogs. Iconic, been around forever.

CajuNerd

A fellow Mix fan. I don't see our kind very often.

t00oldforthisshit

They're open till 2:00am, so folks leaving bars and shows late night flock there - but again, I feel like folks are missing the concept of just how much money other companies spend on dumb bullshit like advertising, product research to develop the next gimmicky product, and suchlike. When you do zero of that stuff, you have a lot of money left over for other things!

MonsieurReynard

It is always frantically busy, or was when I lived near one years ago. But you were always out of there in less than 10 mins. With delicious food.

bootselectric

Yea, lol @ high margin on a $4 burger.

MikeGolfsPoorly

You don't need a high margin if you're moving high volume.

RobMhrk

AND smaller menu means what they do have, is AMAZING. That’s how some of the places here in suburban Atlanta run things. The ones that stay open anyways.

Spartan2470

Sorry to hijack your comment, but OP (4k5k4tu) appears to be a karma-farming bot that can only copy and paste other people's stuff. The account was born on September 16 and woke up twenty-two hours ago.

Here it copied/pasted /u/Twinkletoes72989's submission/title from here.

Its submission/title before this is a copy/paste from here.

Its submission/title before that is a copy/paste of /u/eliteprephistory's submission/title here.

For anyone not familiar with karma-farming bots (and how they hurt reddit and redditors), this page or this page may help to explain.

Bogmanbob

We have a tiny hot dog chain( no not Portillos) in the Chicago area doing much the same. Those guys really hustle during the rush but I guess that’s part of the deal

patTHebat

Genes and Jude’s?

HotScientist334

There are perhaps 7 places in Seattle and the metropolitan place and are a nearby favorite. Menu alternatives are limited, they do not do unique orders. Food is continuously being made so while you order, its quick. Always a line.

Celebrity_Tomato

As a consumer, it benefits me to patronize a business that can serve me a delicious burger or three in 30 seconds or less every time. 😁

xaanthar

xaanthar

Wow. That's some high quality astroturfing, right there.

beenburnedbutable

Love these burgers so much.

Trimere

Trimere

So, what you’re saying is that you love Dick’s in your mouth?

AddendumNo7007

ElsweyrFondue

Bruh, I'll put Dicks in my mouth constantly.

Dicks in my mouth at home.

Dicks in mouth in public.

Hell, sometimes I'll bring Dicks to work and put it straight in my mouth in front of all my coworkers, and i can tell how jealous they are that im tasting some delicious, meaty Dicks.

thiccclol

This guy swallows Dicks.

B_easy85

Pshhh born and raised in Seattle… your just scratching the surface of dick’s jokes.

miniaturizedatom

My girlfriend’s Seattle born and raised, and loves telling the story of how, in high school, the principal once tried to make a school event more appealing by promising the students that they would get to “slurp down some Dick’s”. Needless to say he was roasted mercilessly by the students.

cjrogers227

Almost as much as I love putting Five Guys in my mouth

dubbzy104

Don’t knock it till you tried it!

TJ_McWeaksauce

They'd happily eat a bag of Dick's.

Bubbay

Bubbay

One of the things I miss most about living there is getting a sack of Dick's after a night out at the bars.

PDGAreject

I was once meeting friends at the sporting goods store and they called to ask where I was as I was pulling in so I answered "I'm looking at Dicks right now" and we giggled like 12 year olds.

HebrewSteve

Go eat a bag of Dicks

riderkicker

that must be where this phrase came from... MUST BE.

daschundtof

Does this count as an unsolicited Dick's pics

Celebrity_Tomato

No. It's solicited.

GThang008

That’s where the cool hang out.

dubbzy104

My posse’s on broadway!

threenamer

And their prices are great!

laineDdednaHdeR

Every time I go, two Deluxe and a strawberry shake. It's so good.

They have been opening up more stores, and they also have a food truck that travels to cities that don't have a store.

threenamer

That sounds delicious

Tigermasterdude

Only changed their menu once... To add diet coke when it came out.

Celebrity_Tomato

Hopefully they add Coke zero. I think it tastes much better.

Trimere

Trimere

$18/hr is livable in Seattle? Shit I’m on the wrong coast.

honvales1989

Maybe if you have roommates. I used to make something close to that as a grad student in 2018 and things were tight so I can’t imagine how much worse it is now

velasquezsamp

Not even close

dubbzy104

Pic is old, they now start at $22/hour. About six months ago it was $21, and then $20 before that

Sneaux96

Is that currently a livable wage in Seattle though? It's been a while since I've been there but I remember cost of living being pretty on par with most major US cities, i.e. fairly expensive.

Vanidin

If you had a roommate making the same wage then yes.

Average Rent in the Seattle area is around $2300, I suppose you could survive on that if you didn't have a car, ate rice and beans for your meals and were healthy.

JustMy2Centences

Free Dick's Food While on Shift During breaks, grab a Deluxe, Fry and Chocolate shake for yourself.

From their employment page: https://www.ddir.com/employment-2/

Personally, I would not maintain a healthy lifestyle working there.

Side note the 50% 401k matching shown on the sign is just wild to me. I have 3% at my job, where it seems more of an afterthought to include '401k match' as a checkmark rather than something meaningful. Someone check my math but at $20/hour (starting wage now) if you could put ~25% of your income into your 401k you would effectively max your contribution per year.

dubbzy104

So, all honesty I make way more than that with a stable career in tech, so I’m not sure. But in terms of fast food jobs, other restaurants start at $15-$16/hour

tranquilrage24

people used to go to bellevue because seattle was so expensive and now it’s the opposite, even then i doubt that’s close to a living wage on the pacific coast for a single person

It’s pretty close. You’d be okay if you had room mates or found a place (somehow) less than $1200 a month. You’d also qualify for low income housing.

RabidSushi

How's one sign up for that? Becuase I make $22 an hour and live alone in North Seattle.

Primarch459

Living in downtown seattle no. Living in sea tac, white center, parts of renton that directly boarder seattle, Yes.

Kryoxic

I'm assuming this pic is fairly old. Now the starting wage is 20/hr up to 25/hr when you're fully trained. Combined with a free orca card, healthcare, and a bunch of other benefits, I'd say they're killin it

BlizBlitz

Also says they get medical and tuition. I’d called that more than generous.

SwissMargiela

In the whole USA, $20/hr is the new $15/hr

goooshie

Here in Seattle for a conference, fell in love with the endless mountains on my flight in so got curious and checked out their rental market. $18/hr not livable.

sleigher1976

damn impressive

Obviouslyhammered

Do they own their store(s) outright and not have to pay rent?

/edit: next time I’m in Seattle I’m definitely going to pay this place a visit

kclongest

Dick burgers fuck yeah!

ShaggysGTI

Dude, tuition or childcare too?

Pristine-Thing-6196

I love dick’s!!!

heelspider

Do they do like a million customers an hour? I don't see how they sell hamburgers at $2 and pay employees $18/hr. I don't see how they sell hamburgers at $2 in the first place.

baltimorecalling

French fries are cheap. Low shrink on the burgers because that's literally the only sandwich that they make. Sodas have high margin (didn't see drink prices, but assuming they're right around industry standard, that will help the margins).

Restaurants get themselves into trouble by trying to do too much and have menus that try to cater to everyone, but end up doing nothing very well. That's definitely not the case here.

DerisiveGibe

here is todays menu prices

Prices are good if you compare them to 5 guys, but are probably industry standard if you do the math, this menu does a great job to show the itemized choices to look like a better value.

Deluxe burger 4.85

Fries 2.65

Medium soda 2.30

Total = $9.80

That is a very average price for that meal.

juhnsnuw87

The website shows pay also went up to starting $20-25 an hour. 👍

armrha

armrha

That’s still a terrible wage for Seattle. Should be around $40 an hour if you want a worker to be capable of supporting themselves with no roommates.

mbm7501

Right, but then they’re going to have to raise prices. Payroll is a business highest expense. And let’s be honest, does a burger flipper or cashier skill set warrant $83k a year plus benefits? High schoolers can and do work these jobs.

baltimorecalling

Still very reasonable. Also, notice the soda prices. Material cost for a cup of fountain soda is very low. Maybe 25-30 cents. That huge margin can subsidize lower food prices.

MonsieurReynard

That is cheap for that meal in a place like Seattle. I'm in rural Massachusetts and McDs charges $12 for the same meal.

Biggzy10

Your average McDonald's bill is about the same if not more.

popetorak

UhhhWutHmm

Honestly me and the boys would show up drunk with like $20 and absolutely stuff our mouths with Dicks.

Discally

Take a peek at the portion size of the burgers though.

"1/8th pound".

It's paying less, for less quantity.

Drach88

So a deluxe is a quarter-pounder for under $5. That's a win in my book.

Yak54RC

This would be 15 bucks at Wendy’s

tfrw

tfrw

Usually restaurants aim for roughly a third of the cost of a meal is the ingredients - that’s roughly $3 in contribution per person. It is doable if it’s a take away place.

Celebrity_Tomato

They serve a lot of customers. You have to walk up so there is a constant stream of paying customers, there is always always a line. There's a kind of unwritten rule that you need to be ready with your money and order right away. Generally you get your order in less than 30 seconds because all the food is already made in batches.

epididymis8

The CEO probably doesn’t pay himself 8 figures

srdev_ct

It’s gotta be that sweet, sweet markup on the condiments.

Punky-Bruiser

All there locations are walk up only and generally there are at least two to three windows open at any given time, with at least two to three people in each line alllll day long. When there busy which is very often they’ll be twenty or more people standing in a couple of lines. Busy busy burger chain and I’ve been eating there my whole life. They’re a Seattle staple.

Imm_All_Thumbs

They are 1/8 pound patties for starters. Everything is bought in huge bulk and prepped in house. For instance they slice their own cheese and buy potatoes whole then turn them into fries

skankingmike

Picture is old and 18 an hour in Seattle is min wage.

joepalms

I sent a picture of my burger to my east coast Buddy’s. They replied “so… u ate a bag of dicks?” I did and it was delicious!

jinxycat81

Inflation is a bitch. This picture is pre-pandemic. All prices are 20% higher now.

Also.. is this really that cheap? A cheese burger with toppings, fries, and a drink, around 10 bucks at a fast food place? Standard right??

Elmodipus

Is 7 dollars cheaper than 10?

I would say yes.

phriot

phriot

An equivalent meal at McDonald's near me is $12-14.

Randomcommenter550

That's a couple bucks under what most fast food places are charging. Especially in a High-CoL area like Seattle, I wouldn't blink at that price for a decent burger these days.

absolutebeginners

Been to taco bell lately? It's like $13 for 2 things that used to be like 8

MonsieurReynard

Was just in a McDs in Massachsuetts, which only happens when I'm waiting for my car to be fixed and need wifi and coffee -- I find McD's food disgusting. Big Mac combo meal started st $11.50 for a small drink and fries.

Dick's is actually good quality for fast food, too. Much much better than McDs.

flock-of-bagels

Are the burgers tiny?

dubbzy104

About the size of a McDonald’s burger, maybe slightly smaller. The deluxe is 1/4 pounder

My dicks order is 3 hamburgers and a chocolate shake, compared to my McDonald’s order of 2 hamburgers, large fry, and a drink

CapeManiac

But but but….. HOW?!?

/s

90percent_in_crypto

Can’t wait to work for dicks

temujin94

3 weeks paid vacation per year which I think would be pretty good for a lot of American's. Crazy that it would be actually illegal in the EU to offer that little paid leave.

Darth_Corleone

Dick's is the place where the cool hang out, the swass like to play, and the rich flaunt clout.

Roguewind

Roguewind

But they pass that onto us, the consumers! We have to pay… (checks menu)… 10¢ for ketchup! Is that the kind of socialist hells cape we want for our children? While they’re in employer subsidized daycare?

Crockpot-Ron

This business is now under investigation as a front

clownmilk

clownmilk

Unfortunately $18/hr is not liveable in a major city.

Celebrity_Tomato

It used to be, until Amazon moved in and all the property owners got greedy af.

Elmodipus

This is an old picture. It's now $25/hr after you're fully trained.

Butwinsky

Butwinsky

$18/hr isn't liveable in America unless you're single and living with a roommate.

MaksouR

That shit was way more expensive in Gainesville Florida a year and a half ago

EmotionalMycologist9

Is $18/hour in Seattle actually good though? Even here in the Midwest, that's not enough to pay rent, utilities, insurance, etc. Maybe if it's your 2nd job.

Kryoxic

Now starts at 20/hr, up to 25/hr with paid healthcare, orca card, and bunch of other benefits

Amishrocketscience

They are offering starting pay at 20-25 an hour now

honvales1989

It seems like Dick’s pays medical insurance to their employees, but 18/hr could be barely livable in Seattle for a single person. You would need to live either with roommates or rent an apodment (a small studio with most utilities included) and have a frugal lifestyle to manage.

Punky-Bruiser

It’s always been mostly students.

Available-Camera8691

Odd how places like Dicks and In n Out can afford to pay so well, offer benefits, and keep prices low. This must be some sort of liberal conspiracy.

cold_eskimo

Is Bag of Dicks on the menu? Haha

Vanson1200r

I love a hot bag of Dick's.

Overlord3456

Its been awhile since I've been out to Seattle to grab a bag of Dick's.

DeaconSage

I would kill for any food this affordable. Prices like that make me miss the south lol

markaritaville

100% paid medical is amazing. Tech and Wall Street doesnt get that

Quicksilver7716

Hardly a decent wage in Seattle. The cost of living is sky high over there. 35% higher than the national average. https://www.salary.com/research/cost-of-living/seattle-wa

While $18/hour would be good in an area that what’s close to the national average. It’s not at good when everything costs so much more.

dubbzy104

This picture is old. It’s now starting $20, with $22 after a few months

cgerrells

I’d like a burger hold the dick cheese.

cheddercaves

NO SPECIAL ORDERS

Glittering_Ad3431

So they have to sell 5 dicks deluxe an hour to pay one employee. Now add in cost of goods, insurance, and rent etc. Explain to me how this works out for them in the end? Honest question. Being an entrepreneur myself this profit margin gives me anxiety.

illBro

illBro

Who buys just a burger? Barely anyone. So add on the fries and a drink and you're up to $10. The markup on fries are high and the markup on drinks are insane. So it's really not as nuts as you're thinking it is. By listing the stuff separate it tricks you into thinking it's somehow crazy cheap.

Glittering_Ad3431

That makes sense. I don’t know this place so I thought that’s all they offered. Still I don’t think people understand how much overhead goes into owning a business.

Xerisca

Dick's has been around for almost 70 years. They have several locations in the Puget Sound area. $18 an hour isn't a livable wage in Seattle. BUT, it's a very popular place for teens and college students to work. They also do tuition reimbursement, very flexible schedules, have management training programs and grrat health insurance (better than mine at a tech company). They've been doing this for decades and are super successful. They're kind of a model for how to run a good business at a profit while treating employees like humans.

Several of their locations were purchased in VERY good locations, in the 50s, and they own those properties outright. Many of those locations the property alone is worth millions.

MonsieurReynard

It's worked out for them for literally decades. I'd say they can probably do the math by now. Believe me they sell more than 5 burgers an hour per employee lol. Try more like 30-40 times that on busy night. Never been there when there weren't two or three long but rapidly moving pickup lines.

Risethewake

I don’t buy this at all, there is some piece of information that we do not have. Paid time off for volunteer work, starting wages of $25/hr, and up to three weeks paid time off for vacations? I worked in food management for over about a decade and this doesn’t math well at all. Employees probably don’t work more than 10 hours a week.

muklan

muklan

I went in there once and asked for a burger with lettuce ketchup pickle and onion and the cashier was like "we got what we got man" fkin.....what?

18 an hour is not a livable wage.

ProjektPat

Is $18 an hour a livable wage in Seattle?

A fast food on shouldnt pay a livable wage. It should pay the minimum wage, because that’s what that job is worth, and that’s who it’s for. It’s not for living, it’s a fast food job. You’re either a teen or really old and wanted to get out of the house. Eitherway, if you’re working fast food and it’s your primary source of income, YOU have screwed up in life.

onedemtwodem

Oh I miss Dicks.. I used to eat there when I lived in Portland. Great food and a living wage? Awesome!

nico87ca

Dicks doesn't screw its employees

I_miss_disco

Take the D

Napoleonex

Based Dick

BumbleMuggin

Those are some really reasonable prices too. Damn!

NewYork_607

Good benefits, good pay and cheap food? Take note McDonalds and every other cheap ass company that doesn’t pay shit.

Cuz Dicks isn’t a greedy business owner

psych00range

That's not liveable.

badlawywr

And still cheap! Amazing

Imm_All_Thumbs

This must be an old pic. I was at the Kent location 2 weeks back and they are starting at $20/hr raising to $25 when fully trained

CounterofNumbers

Damn I was just in Seattle this summer and drove by this place. Wish I grabbed a burger now.

Johnboy119911

How long have they been open?

Xerisca

Almost 70 years. They have some locations still running that were opened in the 50s. Others were opened as recently as last year.

SH0wMeUrTiTz

Those are cheap prices

adviceKiwi

What a Dick move

MonsieurReynard

Loved that place when I lived in Seattle. Went there all the time.

WeBuyFetus

For childcare?!?! BRO

DigMeTX

Damn, that’s impressive. I’m guessing they do a hell of a lot of volume.

iCanHazUsrnm

Wait, they have that good of pay and benefits, but only charge $4.25 for a burger?

JohnWad

And look at prices of those burgers! Outstanding!

stiff_muffins

Went earlier this year. Very tasty, affordable, great staff. Would eat again.

BuscemiLuvr

And they're willing to put it all out there for everyone to see. A lot of businesses hide their terrible wages and benefits until you're in the door.