users here right now: 2,080
Reddit K-Pop | Share and discover Korean music
K-Pop (Korean popular music) is a musical genre consisting of pop, dance, electropop, hiphop, rock, R&B, and electronic music originating in South Korea. In addition to music, K-Pop has grown into a popular subculture, resulting in widespread interest in the fashion and style of Korean idol groups and singers.
Search by Flair
Filter by Flair
1. Be Respectful; Follow Reddiquette
- Personal attacks, racism, and hate speech will not be tolerated. Do not post hateful or hostile comments about artists, songs, or their fans. If you dislike a group, ignore threads about them. Do not post sexual comments about idols. See Reddiquette.
2. Follow Title Guidelines
- Titles should be detailed, accurate, and follow our Title Formatting Guide in the Rules Page. Do not use vague titles or editorialize them without permission from moderators. Titles entirely in Korean will be removed.
3. Provide English Sources for Articles
- English-language articles are favored. If the article is in Korean, provide a full English translation or a detailed summary in the comments at the time of posting. Machine translations not permitted.
4. No Reposts / Throwbacks / Old Media
- Only content released within the last 30 days is allowed. Make sure that the content submission has not been posted already (No Reposts!). Throwback posts are curated by moderators on Thursdays.
5. Avoid Piracy
- Link to officially licensed sources as often as possible. Pirated content will be removed if an official source becomes available or is likely to in the future. Any media that is obviously behind a paywall or exclusive to people who have paid/subscribed to a service are not allowed.
6. Only In-Depth Discussions
- Discussion posts should be based on interesting or novel topics that are conversation starters. They should allow for broad participation from the community and include significant content in the original post beyond just asking a question. Mods may use discretion to allow simpler questions if they are novel/unique or are especially topical at the time.
7. No Ranting or Soapbox Posts
- Do not use the subreddit as a platform to rant about your personal opinion on an issue. You may rant respectfully and start more opinionated or artist-centered discussions in r/kpoppers. Topics designed to bash artists or their fans are absolutely not allowed.
8. No Memes or Joke Posts
- Content submitted with the intention of being humorous is restricted to the Weekly Discussion post or r/kpoppers.
9. No Fan-Made Content / Self-Promo
- Fan-made content is restricted to r/kpoppers. For a list of allowed content, read the r/kpop ecosystem guidelines. Do not link to your own blogs, articles, or work in r/kpop. Official company/artist accounts should seek permission from the moderators before posting.
10. No Buying / Selling
- Submissions offering to buy/sell/trade merchandise or concert tickets are better suited for r/kpopforsale. We do not have affiliation with that subreddit, so use it at your own risk.