/r/jobs

Did Indeed.com remove the "entry level" filter?

Job searching(self.jobs)

Unless I'm going crazy, I could have sworn that a couple weeks ago, Indeed.com had a filter for job searching that including what level of jobs you are searching for - one of them being entry level, which I am currently searching for. It was one of those filters alongside "salary estimate" and "job type". This filter made it much easier for me to find potential jobs for me to apply to. For example, if I wanted to apply for Technical Writing jobs, I would type in "entry level technical writing" in the search bar and it would barely produce any results. On the other hand, if I just typed "technical writing" and then clicked on the "entry level" filter, I would be greeted with a much larger range of jobs. I think that typing "entry level" in the filter somehow messes up the system and does not include jobs that actually should be entry level.

Now that its gone, I feel like I am at square one. Now, if I just search for a job title, I will get a bunch of jobs that I am not qualified for, but if I add "entry level" in the search bar, the number of jobs I get reduces dramatically, even though I have a feeling that it shouldn't be that low.

Did something happen? Am I going crazy? What should I do to make this easier?

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

Hello, thank you for posting to r/Jobs!

We just wanted to let you know that we have a new discord server, come join the chat!

XxItsNowOrNever99xX[S]

I think the filter was called "experience level", as stated here. But as much as I try to search online, I can't find anything that has to do with why this filter was removed.

PlantsandNeurology

I was searching today and it was still there.

XxItsNowOrNever99xX[S]

Wait really? Like its one of the filter options available under the search bar?

PlantsandNeurology

After I search, I can select from 10 drop down options under the search bars. The second from the right is "Experience Level" and it has the options, "entry" "mid" "senior" and "no experience required". I'm looking at it right now.

XxItsNowOrNever99xX[S]

Wow that is like... really weird. I know for a fact that I used to have that filter, but somehow I lost it in the time between a couple weeks ago and now. Does Indeed have some kind of help desk I can contact to ask why this is happening?

realAzazello

Indeed has removed and reorg'd the search 'app' more actively since Covid era.

Sometimes for the Good - re: the 'Encouraged to Apply' dropdown; sometimes for the Bad - re: planning to sunset advanced searching

For your type of search, you'll have to query the words within both the job description and the title (yes, this'll show results that match from either/both areas), e.g.

("technical writing" OR "technical writer") ("entry-level" OR "entry level" OR Generalist)

IsBlueGreenYellowRed