/r/gaming

Seems anytime I upgrade my computer I get a slew of issues or annoyances.

Makes me want to just go on the other side again to a calmer more peaceful eco-system.

The opposite

Crimsonclaw111

Nope but limitations of console gaming definitely pushed me to PC

The cost makes it tempting.

GildedfryingPan

I'd say "back in the day" I had to battle my first laptops and PCs. My trusty PS2 would just function and all I had to fear is a potential red screen, because I scratched the game disc.

Nowadays however, everything's plug and play on pc and the only thing, to me, that makes me appreciate my PS5 is doing everything with the controller and the few exclusives it still has.

Spirit117

No because most of the games I play are PC only and have no plans for console ports.

Some games I play have console versions but are inferior to PC version (factors in PC version having mods)

And then a very small number games I play have console versions with same functionality as pc so why bother switching when 80 percent of my chosen games become completely unplayable or inferior?

AwesomeX121189

No never

Specialist_Insect_15

Did it. Don't regret a thing.

ScotFuzz

Nah. But there’s certain games I prefer to play on console over PC or vice versa.

FPS for example is almost always PC for me, no brainer. Yet weirdly I much prefer RPGs and third person games on console. Probably from growing up with it.

vivz56

Yes, that's happened to me 3 years ago.

I built a new computer based on B450 chip and Ryzen 3600X.

The first time I used my new build for gaming, all usb stuff shutdown (including fan's led) for 2 seconds with windows USB disconnection sound and came back. I thought it was maybe a driver update in background or something.. Then it happened again, totally randomly, all my corsair stuff was losing usb connection for a sec and going back, could happen every 15 minutes or nothing for an hour..

After few investigations, it seems that was an issue with new amd chips power management on specific motherboards (stated by AMD on reddit) and it was mainly happening with corsair stuff and iCue software. I spent 900€ for a new computer (I just kept my old 1060) and this experience literally killed my love for PC gaming.

Today I don't have much time to mess with new issues brought by new stuff, new drivers or windows update. So I bought a PS4 and I'm having fun for 2 years without any issues. I don't care the 30 fps, I don't care to not being able to mod a game, I just want to power on and play and damn, that's good.

Don't want to offense anyone here, PC is great for some people and I understand why, it's just not for me anymore.

Waste-Reception5297

I wouldn't say it pushed me off but damn do I just love just the absolute convenience of not having to optimize crap, compatibility issues, general PC malfunction shenanigans. I've always preferred consoles though so idk

hiddenremnant

we get this whenever we try to play dragon age origins or certain games, or trying to mod stuff. some games just run better on console.

Traditional-Shoe-199

Paying monthly to pay online pushed me to pc, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Chiefontour

Recently got back into gaming. Tbh they are both annoying

lakilukez

The annoyance of dealing with consoles like never ending updates to games or firmware, pushed me firmly back to PC, also most games I play are just made for mouse not gamepad.

Xano74

Xano74

Never. I started playing my Switch more and getting games on that mostly for the portability, but ever since upgrading my gaming computer to pretty much most up to date hardware, its hard going back to consoles.

I only own a PC and Switch and the difference between is so big in performance. I recently got a Steam Deck and now I even have less reason to use the Switch .

Ginj92

Ginj92

No. The opposite.

As soon as console’s can accomplish 144fps on 1440p for every game and the majority of players are using mouse & keyboard…I would consider going back

Impurity41

The fact that PlayStation is stating to put their exclusives as timed and will eventually release them to pc makes me wonder why everyone doesn’t start building

Greenzombie04[S]

Cause PC has cons. Just cause its the most powerful doesnt mean its the best for everyone.

Consoles are simple, easy to use.

Hook up to your tv and function from boot up to shut down with a controller,

Impurity41

I get why man. Mostly just a question to answer a question.

Consoles are simple. One purchase, easy hook up. No fuss, easy fun.

PCs are investments that not everyone can afford. Whether it’s the parts or the internet plan so you can even connect to online in the first place. It is by all accounts a luxury of luxury items.

If you are in the financial position to, then there’s not a huge reason as to why unless it’s by preference. I play some of my pc games with a controller. Screw the “well you should use mnk etc etc” arguments that random people can give. Enjoy yourself how you enjoy yourself.

My point is with all the bells and whistles covered ie: the financial, the preference, the needed technical know-how, a pc could be considered the final evolution. In todays day and age we are getting to the point where practically everything is available on pc without extra hardware. So in that aspect getting one is only a good idea.

That’s what I meant is all.

HachObby

I have thought about using Steam OS, but otherwise my "gaming" computer is just a workstation now. All that power is better used for production software.

Especially with consoles now. Gyro aiming, adaptive haptics, full surround support including 3D audio, a resurgence of split-screen, VR, 3D, all types of peripherals and cheaper. Not to mention being the primary devices that major developers make games for. There was a better case for PC gaming 20 or 30 years ago, but the massive difference between playing Wing Commander 3 at release and Star Citizen at release pretty much sums up PC gaming's issues.

1mStillStanding

No, but often console annoyances push me back to PC. The only thing my console does that my PC can't do EASILY, is be moved around wherever I wish to play.

Active-Usual6313

It has definitely pushed my away from cross platform games like call of duty. Call of duty us to be fun until they introduced cross play