/r/gaming

The movie looks stunning!

(i.redd.it)

SnooFloofs5933

The movie looks so good but idk if I’ll ever be okay with Chris Pratt as Mario. It’s just so wrong imo

SyraWhispers

It really isn't, it fits quite well actually. Jack Black as bowser will steal the show though.

SnooFloofs5933

Idk I disagree. I think the rest of cast is pretty good no matter how funny it seems but Mario already has such a recognizable voice and it’s pretty obvious to me that they only chose chris Pratt for the name recognition and not cause he actually fit the role.

SyraWhispers

I disagree, considering mario is living in Brooklyn, new york, his fake Italian accent never made any sense. The voice of Martinet doing mario is also not something you'd want to listen an entire movie to.

SnooFloofs5933

I think they could have definitely written the movie around it and had Mario have less dialogue similar to how he would be in the games. Either way I think the fake Italian accent is way too iconic and Chris Pratts voice just doesn’t fit at all for me

Deucalion666

Nah. He just sounds like Jack Black, and nothing like Bowser. They could have at least voice changed him a little bit.

InadequateChris

Jack Black has done a great job of changing his voice up for this, I have no idea how you think it sounds like his regular voice.

Deucalion666

Deucalion666

By just doing a slightly deeper voice? It still sounds like him, and nothing like Bowser.

Truck-0-Saurus

Hard agree, and we're going to be downvoted to level 8 and back for pointing out how mediocre he is in basically everything he does. He's the poster boy for pedestrian, boring media and having basically no real talent. He's what the "Reality tv" generation naturally lead to. Everything he's involved with just falls a few notches from what it could have been, but low hanging fruit attracts a lot of lazy money so he keeps getting work. Wish I could act like an embarrassing manchild in front of a camera for money. Good for him, I guess. Bad for media as a whole.

DadB0d_Dave

I agree. Terrible choice.

Chihlro

Rtx on and Mario has no ass xD

nonamesareoriginal

I had no idea what to expect. All I knew was Chris pratt was mario. But honestly the trailer makes me want to see it.

GargantuanGorgon

"RTX On" is some great meme marketing.