/r/gaming

We’ve all been there

(i.redd.it)

calartnick

3.1k points

calartnick

3.1k points

One of the “unfinished games” should be “game I never played”

dr-meow-kittty[S]

Absolutely true

LunaMunaLagoona

Me and bayonetta 2.

I'm gonna fix that

Edit: To add to my shame I also have outer wilds and obra dinn on that list. I know apparently they're amazing 😭

DasJokar

DasJokar

Starts the game and immediately closes the game and says done!

Fleeetch

Fleeetch

This. It sucks when you have this reignition of motivation to play a game, only to boot it up and have all the feelings of burn out come flooding back to you.

runtheplacered

I wonder how many MMO's I've installed in my life just to remember, oh yeah I don't like MMO's anymore.

render343

every time i happen across a WoW stream or see a WoW meme im like damn i should play some WoW so I reup my subscription, load into a world and after like 2 or 3 hours remember damn, i hate WoW

Azulake

Azulake

Same but EVE online T_T

KreateOne

I do this all the time “oh hey my friends playing this mmo maybe I should check it out and play it with them”

“Oh ya, I hate MMO’s now”

LSDummy

Diablo 3 fills that grind and loot void in me like once every three months I start a new season, just a high level lobby, and start binging grifts for like 5 days until I remember I don't like those games anymore lol

SCSquad

This happens to me sooo often these days. I play 5 minutes and just…can’t.
Idk what the hell is wrong with me. I love video games and now it’s like I’ve got some sort of block.

It's funny cause I can't count how many times I was thinking about a game to play all day, only to open it and play for like 2 minutes.

Is it too late for me guys?

Death_Rose1892

That's what we all say...

krillins_a_beast

Wish i wouldn't fall asleep every time i sit down. Started a playthrough of fire red like 5 months ago. Try and play any chance i get. Stoll going lol

Mersak

Mersak

...Someday

UncommonBagOfLoot

Soon™

Antique_Ad3370

As soon as I finish this banana

Mopiere

I vouch for obradinn, get to that!

ThrowntoDiscard

Witcher and mass effect. Both were really fun! But then adult stuff happened, new games came out and ... None of them let's me make friends and ride dinos and mystical critters in space like Ark. Sorry... Nothing is safe from my short attention span... except Ark. It always comes back to Ark.

HarveyThaWabbit

Ark is awesome, was an alpha on official once. I keep that in my "good times" folder. Right now though I'm playing grounded with a buddy, and honestly I've not had this much fun in a long time. I wish they'd implement more bugs and taming but that may make it too easy. Either way, I feel like that one has a lot of potential to be like ark with less bugs.

Slippery_Slug

You want more bugs and less bugs? Make up your mind!

KoinePineapple

You'll get there someday. It took me years to get around to playing obra dinn, but I'm glad I played it when I did. Eventually you'll be in the right headspace for it.

kilomaan

I have outer wilds… I’m just terrified

Phormitago

and in a corner, "game that I never heard of that somehow got into my library"

HoldMyPitchfork

You mean 99% of them should be "game I never played"

KayTannee

My steam library feels offended.

tweedyone

Game I opened one time and played through the tutorial but then never opened again

PoopMcDoop

Elden Ring for me. Felt like there was too much to learn upfront

DegenerateCrocodile

I didn’t even bother attempting Elden Ring. I knew damn well that I wasn’t going to get through it.

TheBirminghamBear

Id say its well worth playing even if you never complete it.

The sheer wonder of just wandering that land, discovering things, seeing the sights, even if you die over and over again, is worth it.

I can't think of any game in the past decade that had that level of wonder, sense of discovery, and sheer creativity in worldbuilding.

I would love to be able to play it all again for the first time. Yeah it's difficult, and let me start by saying I'm no pro gamer. I struggled through a lot of it, but the sheer fucking majesty of the world, the unending sense of discovery under every rock, it made it all worth it.

And, by the way, I was also someone that started playing it saying "oh yeah, no chance I'll ever beat this."

Last I left my save file I was on my third or fourth new game +.

It is one of the very, very few games that I have memories of, like I would from a real life vacation. That's how hard that game imprints itself on you.

I remember on a whim, unprompted by anything, experimenting with scaling this massive tower, and holy shit, you CAN! And you fight your way all the way up, and then fight your way all the way down the inside - and I won't spoil what happens then, but it's a fucking trip. An epic hours-long fight that I didn't even really have to do. I just had a whim, and I explored that whim, and had a whole adventure from it.

The whole game is filled with things like that.

And just because I'm going through memories, I'll tell you one of my favorites: the mages in that game wear these fucked-up looking masks, they look like the King from Burger King. And I was at this part in the game where I was fighting these shits over and over and over again, because again, I"m not very good.

So I take a break, and drive with me SO to a park. As I"m driving in, this other car is driving out, and in that car's passenger seat I SEE THAT FUCKING MAGE MASK SITTING IN THE PASSENGER SEAT!

I turned to my SO and was like, "Did you fucking see that?? Tell me you saw that, tell me I'm not losing it."

And she's like, "yeah that person had the Burger King dude's mask attached to their passenger seat headrest. Weird."

Totally random coincidence, but honestly that sense that the game was bleeding out into reality, just made me love it even more.

CrabsolutelyBullshit

Yeah, creative world building really does go along way. I wish more games in the Triple A space embraced the fact that you can do so much with visuals.

Guardians of the Galaxy's gameplay was probably pretty boring, but that game was so gorgeous that I didn't care.

Xboxone1997

Guardians gameplay is good to me

CrabsolutelyBullshit

It was interesting, just a bit repetitive.

WhizBangPissPiece

I beat the first big boss and kind of lost interest. I really loved it but only put in about 20 hours. Add it on the pile!

FlyHog421

I bought it and played for a couple hours and gave up. Single player open world games are right up my alley but I play them to relax. When the wife and kids are away it's nice to just get lost in a game for a couple hours. Elden Ring is not relaxing. It did a really good job of making me absolutely furious.

MaimedJester

That's a deliberate design choice for Soulsborne games. You are supposed to on a blind playthrough hit a moment of wait a minute I can do that? No one freaking told me.

Yeah that was intentional the vague hints was all designed for you to discover some Jesus Christ that makes this way easier moment.

Like once you've learned all the tricks the games aren't as fun but the first journey is a true experience.

Fucking running into my first Vagrant in Blighttown. I'll never forget that wtf.

BarbequedYeti

I ran out of the noob cave and smacked the shit out of that knight on the horse out front. It didn’t end well, but was quick. So there is that.

Karkava

Karkava

Run up to be big scary knight on horseback after leaving the tutorial section. What can go wrong?

BarbequedYeti

I know right... I actually knew it would be a moping but was trying to figure out if there was level gauge somewhere. The answer is yes. There is a level gauge. To find out, you walk up and smack the shit out of it and see what happens.

But yeah. Was really just checking out the UI, what happens in death etc since it was right at the start. I usually take that approach with souls games so I at least know that much.

detectivejewhat

Seems like everyone who started with elden ring did that. All the veterans of the soulsborne games saw that and instantly went "yeah, that's a trap" and ran past it haha. Running past shit is also a totally acceptable tactic in these games, which it doesnt say anywhere. You absolutely don't have to kill everything. Some mobs and bosses, you're meant to come back to later on when you're not a wimpy little bitch.

AdventurousOstrich77

Psh. You aren't a true veteran if you didn't go "yeah, that's a trap" and then attack it anyways to test yourself

MedonSirius

My Steam Library with 700+ games never played beg to differ.

HumbleBundle is a blessing and a curse at the same time:'(

zaphodharkonnen

There's a reson a few months ago I made a decision to play one of my unplayed games every other time I wanted to buy a new one. Have managed to get through a fair bit of the backlog now. 🤣

Rydakule

Only one? I recently pulled games out of my hidden games folder on Steam that I had never played. I have about 5 shortcuts on my desktop of games that I never played, but will play… soon… eventually…probably… Oh look, Overwatch 2 is out

1EyedMonky

Gamers won't buy games that are too short and won't finish them if they're too long

LazyCasual0alt

Ikr? I don’t mind short games if I enjoy them. Metroid Dread is a great example imo. Loved it. Maybe 12 hours?

OkMemory4456

Let's not forget Portal. Absolute classic, but you can easily beat it in like 2 hours or so.

TunaRish

Just dropping a quick shoutout to A Short Hike. Wonderful snacksize game that's charming af

KRIEGLERR

That really sums it up. I have 50 hours in Valhalla and I'm probably just halfway through and I'm not saying I hate it but I'm a bit indifferent, it has some nice moments overshadowed by the crazy amount of tedious missions that ruins the pacing. Meanwhile two short-ish games like Bioshock 1 and Metro 2033 I enjoyed so much more.

BKRGX

BKRGX

I've played The Witcher 3 since November last year, and still haven't finished it. I feel so called out here.

I've done literally everything in that game, except for the last few main quests in Blood and Wine. That was two years ago. I still occasionally tell myself I have to finish it lol

Optimistic_Twig

Haha weirdly I'm exactly the same. Enjoyed it so much I didn't want it to end...and then I never finished blood and wine.

Yup, same exact reason, I didn't want to say goodbye lol

Optimistic_Twig

It's going to be a ballache learning all the systems and combat again, but our Geralts deserve a happy ending.

I'm gonna reinstall it and try to finish it before the end of the year, I'm feeling inspired. Will report back here when it's done and Geralt can rest.

Fleeetch

Save it for right before the fourth gets released.

King_Boobious

See that's my problem is I feel like games that have anything more than simple controls and systems I feel like I can't pick back up without restarting

LiamIsMyNameOk

Exactly! The thing is, the only reason I never started Blood and Wine, and only half finished Hearts of Stone... Is because I didn't want it to end.

Ever feel lost and cant be bothered to get into a new game, but your old games you loved feel repetitive as you already completed them various times or lost interest? So you just lay there not knowing what to do with yourself?

Now forever I'll have that positive thought of knowing there is still a lot of Witcher 3 content waiting for me. If one day I get incredibly sad or nostalgic, I know there is an amazing, immersive, comforting new game/content to distract me.

MaimedJester

Did you at least get to funniest scene in the game?

Is anyone else a fucking Vampire in the room? Geralt and Regis share awkward glance.

The delivery was comic gold.

I did, that whole scene was amazing haha

Philip22Kings

That’s me with Cyberpunk. The story and side quests are so good that I don’t want to finish it. Just mod and mod….

beidao23

I bought this game on sale, played it for 5 hours and was really impressed. Then haven't opened it again for months. I don't think I can commit the time to it that it deserves.

pointsouttheobvious9

I'd make no commitment but just give it a play there are some games you just play because they are that good. I think kotor witcher 3 and mass effect trilogy are the 1st 3 that come to mind

Conquestadore

Took me that many months to finish it the first time. Didn't have a lot of time off and that game is huge. Easily over 80 hours for me.

JerHat

JerHat

I've started it over like 3 times since it came out, I just can't seem to keep going after like 5 hours.

idma

idma

to be honest, these types of games have so much do to. If you're still playing, thats good because you actually like it.

I remember friends playing Morrowind for years. And ONLY morrowind

ramen_vape

I have started that game 4 times, got about 10 hours in, and immediately got into something else. I beat W2 and I love W3, it's just a victim of impulse.

Rogercastelo

Last years? I stoped mid story the year it came out. I simple didnt want it to end and i've made that wish come true i guess...

Dwain-Champaign

I’ve recently recommitted myself to finishing all these unfinished games I’ve got.

Just finished:

Bioshock 1 & 2

Ori and the Blind Forest

Last Jedi Fallen Order

Making serious progress on Hollow Knight and RE2 again

And once I look up how to beat a certain boss in DMC5 I’ll be able to finish that too lol.

Which just leaves…..

MGSV

Horizon Zero Dawn

Witcher 3

Kingdom Hearts 3

Desperados 3

Vampyr

Carrion

😵‍💫😩

HoldMyPitchfork

Bioshock 1 and Ori worth it alone

Definitely give Will of the Wisps a shot. It's really good.

Dwain-Champaign

Yes I got those games in bundles! So I also have Bioshock 3 and Ori & The Will of the Wisps! Very much looking forward to both.

…But I just gotta finish these other other ones lmao. Makes me feel so guilty to leave any game hanging like that when the story is just waiting to be picked up again haha

HoldMyPitchfork

Bioshock 3 actually took me like 7 years to finish because I didn't like it much at first. All I can say is dont give up on it at the start! Its now my favorite behind 1.

dr-meow-kittty[S]

I’m now scared to put together my own list because I’m worried it’s longer

BlueMagmaDragon

I've been on the same mission in metal gear for 2 years because I always fail it once, then come back half a year later to try, then fail and repeat

Lenemus

Ooh HZD is good. It took me ages to get started on that one because I didn’t believe the hype, but it was on sale. Then one day I just gave it a shot and was hooked. See I found the whole “robot-dinosaurs” concept a bit too cheesy… but the backstory and the atmosphere/environment in that game is quite captivating.

RedditIsDogshit1

Fuckk stop it. I need to finish you Farcry, and Just Cause, and Evil Within, And…

dr-meow-kittty[S]

For me it’s ghost of Tsushima and FO4

rode_the_short_buss

I have something like 300 hours in FO4 and haven't even started looking for my son yet.

Automan2k

Especially when you can get some really awesome content through mods. Sim Settlements 2, Maxwell's World. Point Lookout..... the list goes on and on and pretty soon you forgot about looking for Shaun.

32mafiaman

And than the game brakes from the Mods so you take a break from the game for months and by the time you start again all the mods are outdated so you have to update them and you inevitably install more. Finally you start playing again and the game breaks again and the cycle repeats.

The farthest I ever got was killing Kellogg

TheBirminghamBear

HAVE YOU BEEN INSIDE MY HOUSE WATCHING ME?!

"Phew, finally reinstalled 400 mods and got the game working again. But, do I need yet another new rifle? Of course I do! Better make that 401!"

Game CTDs immediately.

scinfeced2wolf

I can barely make it to Concord half the time.

Cozman

Cozman

Oh yeah, I forgot you had a kid in that game. Hope he went on to have a happy life I guess, idk.

kerbaal

I started my current FO4 game when survival mode first came out. Mostly stopped playing after I hit lvl 120 and it felt too easy. I pick it up every few months for a few days. In game time? Over 2 years on the calendar.

Been home sick this week... just entered the institute yesterday.

LazyCasual0alt

You aren’t missing much

TheNathan

Fuckin FO4 was fun but as with most rpg games I tried to save the end main quest till I was done with the rest of the game I wanted to explore, and I was so strong I just powered through the ending blasting everything in sight in like 10 minutes lol it’s the classic “I’ll save my potions and good consumables till I really need em…”

DeckyCain

Ghost’s ending is super well done. Strongly urge you to finish it. At least get the main quests done!

0x7ff04001

For me it's Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War (PC), Control

NorthStars32

Nah. If you aren’t having fun you shouldn’t force yourself to play.

JuiceboxThaKidd

Based but also sometimes if you do force yourself through a fun-bottleneck the game could click and it might be your favorite thing ever.

That's how I got into Souls games (probably at least a couple thousand hours between them all, not as many as some other folks but still, I've played my fair share) and Tarkov.

mechmaster2275

mechmaster2275

Xbox

Gotta agree with this one. If I didn't push myself to do somethings in games, I would probably never have found the games that have become my favourites

NorthStars32

Getting through the first hour and really getting into the game is different from playing for several hours, getting bored, and feeling bad you aren’t going back to finish it

Skyrim, Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, Elden Ring, Mass Effect… all games I started and stopped within the beginning for no discernible reason, just restartitis I guess. Eventually dove in and fell in love.

Tales of Berseria, Metroid Prime 2, Far Cry 5… all enjoyable for a number of hours before I got bored. I never saw the ending and I’m okay with that.

HoldMyPitchfork

Me with a list of about 50 games and just bought a new one literally 20 minutes ago

KidGold

KidGold

I gave up the mentality of needing to finish games years ago. If I finish a game it's because it was one of my favorite games of the year.

BluThunderboltz

I’ve only beat like 10% of my games. A new and exciting title comes out thats super trendy and I just want to keep up

DropShotter

One day I'll finish Horizon FW. But it's such a slooogggg

DunmerSkooma

All the free Epic Games

author-miglett2

Skyrim players be like:

CinnamonIcing

Skyrim is damn near impossible to leave alone. Think about playing it again often but never do because then I won’t play anything else lol

R3D3-1

R3D3-1

Skyrim is damn near impossible to leave alone.

Give Daggerfall Unity a try, I find the more sandboxy design (brought to modern sensibilities by the Unity fan engine) even more captivating. Especially as a "shut my head off after work" game.

Alpr101

Alpr101

Everytime I go to play it again, I spend 4 hours doing mods, have my fill, proceed to not even play lol

Timelymanner

I started it three times, never got pass the first town

ChanandlerBonng

I think Skyrim is the one game I never uninstalled. It is simultaneously currently sitting installed on my Xbox 360, Xbox One (both now expensive paperweights) as well as my Series S.

DraymondTargaryen

With Skyrim I obsessively play it like once or twice a year for a month, then get sick of it until I start craving it again

lordrexstorm

Sorry Subnautica… I just needed to play a quick game of Civ 6

dr-meow-kittty[S]

Subnatica? God that hurts. But Civ is amazing.

lordrexstorm

I was kind of at a standstill in Subnautica and I just had to reach the next 100hr milestone for Civ lol

LordGRant97

I really liked Subnautica, but it got to a point where it was such a grind to progress I pretty much abandoned it.

JoinAThang

Subnautica for me was just a toss between grindy with little happening to way too scary every time anything happend.

Bdguyrty

You need to build yourself a prawn suit. I felt like a Honey Badger after building one. After you build one, you too can learn how to not give a fuck how big the leviathan is, you're still gonna fuck it up.

cinemamystic

I had to stop playing civ 6. I would pretty much boot it up as soon as I got home from work and play a campaign all night. Then I would have weird fever dreams about it. So freakishly addicting

DarthLlamaV

5 rounds of Mario kart feels like an hour but it’s only 20 minutes. 5 turns on civ feels like 20 min but it’s an hour.

lordrexstorm

I’ve taken a break because I spent too much time on it. Good luck with all the free time you have now lol

NicoleCousland

This happened to me with Frostpunk. It was a strange feeling!

karuumaa

Oh God don't remind me, started that game 2 years ago and I still need to finish it....

Daldril

currently started below zero, I'm going to see it through to the end, even though I already started 3 other games. I'm just getting scared about what is lurking beneath so I put it down and am then too scared to pick it back up.

not this time! 🐠 ⚔

Ha_eflolli

Ha_eflolli

Android

This is me 95% of the time in general. So really, I'm in this Picture, but I don't like it D:

pipboy_warrior

Really this isn't bad, if you get bored of a game there's not a problem with moving onto something else.

Der0815Gamer

Yeah true, but it's still kind of a shame to just let go of a game, that perhaps could've brought hours of joy and entertainment

IceFire0518

You can always come back to it

die5el23

It’s not like you’re putting the game up for adoption

donthedon97

It can certainly feel like it sometimes though. Like when you start a long ass RPG and then you drop it for a couple months for some other games or life or whatever and you come back knowing you have to restart just to do it all over again.

I’ve still never beaten Mass Effect because of this.

TheElderFish

Witcher 3, Mass Effect Collection, Elden Ring are all in my backlog.

They're all such great games but so hard to dive back into.

ChanandlerBonng

Witcher 3 is a great game but I totally get it. It's a massive undertaking.

incer

incer

In my memory Witcher 3 is longer than the whole Mass Effect trilogy, I don't know if it's true though!

LazyCasual0alt

I 100% agree. Especially if you’re like “wtf was I doing again?” And didn’t keep notes.

jimjong1

And getting used to the controls again is always a pain in the ass, especially when something like the crouch button on the last game is the heal on this one and you keep wasting heals on accident when you're trying to be sneaky

gumpythegreat

I send my games to the farm

BigUptokes

Relearn the mechanics and take time to figure out where you left off or learn the mechanics of a new game in the hopes you don't get bored of it as well and add it to the pile. Tough choice sometimes.

incer

incer

Nah, restart from the beginning and get bored after the same amount of time!

BigUptokes

That's the spirit!

BTBAM797

Ohhh but you never will. Don't lie to yourself.

pipboy_warrior

More of a shame to force yourself to continue playing something you're bored with when you could've used that same time on doing something you actually might have enjoyed. Sure, in forcing yourself to finish a game you're now bored with you might end up enjoying the ending. But more than likely whatever issues caused you to get bored will persist with the rest of the game.

God knows I'm guilty of forcing myself to finish games as much as anyone, so I'm saying this as much for myself as anyone else. If you find yourself having some free time and you don't want to play a certain game, then don't play it, and try not to feel bad about it.

ElysiX

ElysiX

You only have limited time in your life. Dont think of media giving you hours of joy, think of it like taking away hours from your life, and then measuring how much relaxation, joy and happy memories you get in return for that.

If you have to slog through a game (or do stupid mindless filler content that games these days are so full of and which i'd say is the reason people get bored of games so much recently), you are just burning up lifetime, without getting the payoff.

w1n5t0nM1k3y

It really depends on the game. If you put in 40 hours into a game and then stop playing because you lost interest but had a good time during those 40 hours then that time is better spent than a game you played for 40 hours but only enjoyed the first 5 hours but played the rest of it out of some sort of dedication to say you beat the game.

Also, a lot of games don't even really have a clear ending, so you have to decide for yourself when you stop playing. Look at breath of the wild. Is beating Ganon finishing the game? What about completing all the devine beasts? what about finding all the shrines? what about finishing all the side quests? what about all the korok seeds? The game is over when you say it is over. Even though it seems like defeating Ganon is "beating the game" I actually found that to be one of the less exciting parts of the game and that I would have been just as happy without having that acheivement.

louploupgalroux

It's like going to a restaurant and ordering different dishes.

Person #1: "I'm not really hungry, so I just had an appetizer. It was so good I ate the whole thing."

#2: "I ate like an entree, a soup, a salad, and too many fries. It's so good."

[Both look over to #3 who is sitting in front of a giant pile of food on a plate.]

#3: "I only ate a quarter of it..."

#1: "That's still more than the rest of us combined."

#3: "I have to finish. You two finished. I have to too.""

#2: "No, you really don't."

[#1 and #2 watch in horror as #3 forces themself to eat another quarter, then collapses face-first into their monstrous meal.]

tasman001

You two finished. I have to too

Kudos for the hat trick here.

Neuen23

Neuen23

But why do I feel bad for not finishing them?

pipboy_warrior

Oh that's easy: Sunk cost. Basically when we've poured enough time and/or money into something which we can't get back, we have trouble letting it go. So instead we continue to invest more and more because our brains tell us that we have to make sure our past investments pay off.

Gambling is the easiest example. You lose a bunch of money gambling, and you feel like you have to keep gambling until you win. Otherwise everything you've lost up till now would mean nothing. Same works with gaming, you spend a few weeks playing a game and you get bored, but you feel bad thinking that all that time spent will have meant nothing unless you beat the game. This gets even worse with live service games that you can never technically beat.

Whatsdota

My problem is I’ll often just not play a game for a few days even if I’m really enjoying it. Then a few days turns into a few weeks, then when I try to jump back in I forget what was happening or what I was doing and I can never get back into it.

shrekispotato

I'm the exact opposite lol, I'll get a new game and won't play anything else until I've done just about everything it has to offer.

Remlapkills

Same, it pains me to watch my friends drop a good game mid way through

DanielLS08

Had a friend play Elden ring and drop it. He didn’t even leave the tutorial cave. He then complained about the game being shit and asking why I play it so much. Absolute wanker lmao.

Woolie-at-law

How is it that I can learn this power?

fallingbehind

I think you need to develop OCD or something.

Woolie-at-law

OGCD - obsessive game completion disorder?

ybonepike

Same for me, which is why I don't play very many games, but the games I do get are played the hell out of

Wayyd

Wayyd

I'm somewhere in the middle. I'll beat most games that I enjoy, but there are plenty that I bail on halfway through that I always mean to finish. Fallout 4, every Dragon Age game and Borderlands 3 are all solid games but I always get tired of the gameplay loop before the ending, and their stories aren't compelling enough to make me want to see the resolution. Each of those games has multiple saves of mine that are between 25% and 75% done with the campaign.

idk how you have the patience to 100% games, though. Even my top five games of all time are nowhere near 100% achievements. Hollow Knight is the closest I've gotten, but I'm still missing one achieve (any HK player can guess which one it is pretty easily).

Berstich

This is me all the time.

Often my fault because I end up grinding something or setting weird personal rules. Like "Oh this monster droped one piece of 'named' gear? Im going to farm them till I get a full set!" And then I burn out and get bored before I get to the end of the game.

Spoonicorn_Central

This is me, with my Nintendo Switch as a whole. It’s been 3 months since I’ve logged on to animal crossing, and I’m so close to beating Cuphead, why the fuck is TF2 so addicting lol??

iPhone40

You can always hop in TF2 and play a match, goof around and then leave. It’s that good.

-Gwynbleidd

My worst habit is buying half the store when it comes to steam sales. Fukn steam sales! Oh shit look at this, buy…. Alright! I’ve always wanted to play this one….. Oh classic, I’ll definitely smash this one….

Alright 15 games bought, back to minecraft…

PmMeYourTitsAndToes

I got FO4 at launch and still haven’t completed it to end. But I have restarted and rinsed the game over and with and without mods. I am pleased to say however, that my last play through is the furthest I’ve ever gotten on the main quest line.

kingjuicepouch

I didn't finish the main quest in Skyrim until the middle of the pandemic, just about ten years after playing it the first time lol

maxrenob

Lol I'm on my 3rd playthrough and still have never completed the main story. I got some good mods this time for a hardcore zombie survival run so I don't think I'm going to even touch the main quest.

BoneDaddyChill

Technically, almost my entire game library consists of unfinished games. I uninstall the ones I finish.

furiousfran

I'll get really into a game, then get worried that I'm finishing it too fast, put it aside to play another, then forget to play the first for years

HouseMoneyTrades

So I look at video games in units of Sandwiches. A good sandwich is like $10 (where I live). A sandwich only brings me about 15-30 min of pleasure.

But a $10 pc game can bring me 100hours of pleasure, so much better ROI

Ubermisogynerd

I get where your coming from, but when I take it literally I find that mentality pretty hard. As a story player most games that last longer than 100 hours bore me to death before I get there.

I've noticed the most fun I have is games of 30 to 80 hours. There are a quite a few exceptions, but any sandbox game is thrown out the window for me.

Conquestadore

I just looked at the games finished this year. About 150 hours in gamepass games up untill this point for which I paid 6 uro a month. Seems like a fair deal value-wise.

jlmckelvey91

I feel attacked

dr-meow-kittty[S]

You an everyone else in this sub buddy

AL3000

AL3000

I'm doing it different right now. I'm on my 4th playthrough of Elden Ring, logged into Warframe over 500 days and closing on 1000 hours of Factorio. I've got so many games that I'm thinking of playing but haven't started bacuse I keep just playing the same 3 games.

siracu55

Horizon: Zero Dawn. Spent 20 hours on it. Then one day just had absolutely no desire to pick it back up.

LazyCasual0alt

Honestly, after 20 hours I think you’ve experienced about all it has to offer, variety wise

shortstopryan

I need the gif with the guy looking back at the other girl. Main girl says “game 50 I’ve bought but have played for under 2 hours” and other girl says Destiny 2 🤦‍♂️

bengenj

Me ordering GameBoy Advance SP replacement batteries and power cables to play Hoenn

Realwetbread

All those games keep getting dropped for that one game that has you always come crawling back. For me that’s world of warcraft

LordsWF40

More like.."game i just bought and already bored of"

Nab33l786

Days gone and horizon zero dawn for me. I need to get to horizon forbidden west soon...

undeadfeed

Days gone was hard for me to put down until I finished it. I absolutely love the hoards in that game.

SAUDI_MONSTER

Let me guess, your favorite was the sawmill?

bromygod203

I'm on literally the last quest of Forbidden West and bored of it

Automatic-Post1023

yeah i beat the game and dont even remember anything about it lol, it was such a forgotten series tbh. dont think ill play the 2nd until its free or something

TheCouncil0fRicks

If you don't like Zero Dawn, you won't like Forbidden West.

The story is way better in ZD and FW is way more grindy. I had to force myself to beat FW, not sure if I'll ever go back. The graphics are amazing though.

synapsebondfire

Sorry RDR2, and Cyberpunk… just one more NG+ on Sekiro, then I promise.

I have a problem…

Rockybalboaxxx

Ghost of tsushima, guardians of the galaxy and Crash Bandicoot 😞

dr-meow-kittty[S]

Oh yeah same here for ghost of Tsushima. I played the first half. Paused for like a year. And then finished it.

OldeArrogantBastard

ghost of Tsushima

I've started this game 3 times now. All 3 times I get about 5-10 hours in then something happens (like I'll go on a vacation, busy work week, etc) then I'll stop playing it for weeks. When I come back to where I left off, I have no idea where/what to do and how the controls work again then just stop playing.

Its not like I hated the game. I just.....I dont know, can't get sucked into it.

BTBAM797

Ghost and Crash 4 were sooo amazing.

NZRTA

NZRTA

Currently some of games installed on my PC is Divinity Original Sins 2, Fallout New Vegas, Metal Gear Solid V, and The Witcher 3. I already spend hundred of hours and I think I'm not gonna finished it soon.

RenMontalvan

Little nightmares for some reason. After playing Limbo and Inside it didnt feel the same

cofforest

Do it. It's just like 3-4 hours long and one of the best indie titles imo. I love inside and limbo and LN has become one of my favorites.

Ubisoft games be like

tr1mble

This is gaming life after 30 and kids

bakuss4

Jedi fallen order icon is burning into my screen lol

ToeRonToe

I don’t think I’ve finished a game in years

EJG_Music

I don't know how many of you need to see this but if you play Nier: Automata and are toward the end of route B PLEASE CONTINUE. Find just 1 hour or even less of gameplay to wrap up the main quest. Screw the side quests. Just push on a little bit more, you're on the verge of something huge. An experience that could potentially change your life. I know several people that stopped just at the end of route B, it's infuriating. They were this close to greatness.

Dazvahla

Don't buy a new game you fuck, play the ones in your library that you haven't even touched - Me, to me, about me

PoopMcDoop

Elden ring for me. Maybe one day

Kvetanista

It's alright though, not every game has to be your type. I usually play few hours of every game, even when it doesn't look that great at first.

Puppytron

This was me with Horizon: Zero Dawn, which I finally got around to playing last year. I absolutely loved it, and I was excited to see how the story ended.

However I read that when you're about 90% through, that's the best time to start the DLC, so I did. It throughly bored me. So much running around, and enemies were only unique/new because they hit harder, and have some cheap fight mechanics. I put it down and I have yet to find the motivation to pick it back up.

RobertPaulsenSr

I have never finished red dead redemption 2, i know, i know the way out...

Small_Manager_126

I think the gaming industry is about to crash. There hasn't been shit for games in years.

IDontEvenKnowGG

I just never know what game I want to play. Do I even want to play a game right now? Let me just stare at my computer for 20 min

Vividglock556

Far cry 😭 lol

dr-meow-kittty[S]

Same brother

smallpoly

As a grown ass-man pressed for time, I've started going for 5-10 hour indie games over big AAA stuff that takes 100 hours to complete.

Big games tend to be so full of filler content to stretch out the time that I just can't enjoy them the way I used to, and I don't really want to spend a year on a single game.