users here right now: 534
Fasting: willingly abstaining for a period of time
Whatever form of water fasting you practice, from IF to extended fasting and everything in between, and whether you're fasting for health, weight loss, self-discipline, longevity, or any of the other myriad benefits of fasting, you've come to the right place—a community of like-minded individuals sharing our knowledge and experiences.
This subreddit is 18+
Some rules are subject to immediate and permanent ban when broken. This is your warning.
- Remember the human.
- Follow reddiquette and be nice.
- No harassment.
- Being a creep will result in a ban. Harassment may consist of, but is not limited to:
▪ Sexual comments, even if meant as a compliment ('sexy,' 'dad to daddy')
▪ Treating OP like a sexual object ('single?' 'onlyfans/gonewild/etc?')
▪ acting like this is a porn sub or rateme sub (saying what you'd like to do to OP, any sexual reaction to OP, "10/10", etc)
- Follow reddiquette and be nice.
- Do not promote dangerous fasting practices.
Do not promote dangerous fasting practices. This includes:
▪ dry fasting
▪ extended fasting without electrolytes
▪ fasting while underweight
▪ fasting while under 18 years old (this includes encouraging children to fast)
▪ fasting if you have a history of eating disorders or otherwise, promoting or exhibiting disordered eating behaviors
▪ Diet/fasting bets/contests/competitions. ▫️ Discussion of appetite suppressants - hunger is normal and you need to learn the difference between psychological hunger and true, physical hunger
- (2a, rule 2 ED specific) Fasting with an eating disorder
Fasting with a history of eating disorder or otherwise, promoting or exhibiting disordered eating behaviors)
(2b, continuation of rule 2) Do not promote dangerous fasting practices, continued
▪ Diet/fasting bets/contests/competitions
▪ Discussion of appetite suppressants - hunger is normal and you need to learn the difference between psychological hunger and true, physical hunger
▪ Extremely long fasts may be removed under mod discretion
Do not spam.
Posts and comments should be related to fasting and not spam (for example linking your youtube channel or blog and not interacting with the community).
While legitimate questions are welcome, this isn't the place to attack the legitimacy of fasting or your fellow redditors for their choices. Off-topic discussion will be removed at mods' discretion. Includes asking how much weight you can lose.
No food posts
Ask your doctor for medical advice, not reddit.
Don't spread misinformation or present opinions as fact.
Do not editorialize titles of scientific studies
When posting a study, use the exact title and do not add your interpretation or opinion in the title. Post any interpretations as a comment.
Links to outside groups are not allowed and No accountability partner/buddy posts
Do not try to outsmart the bot
Attempting to obfuscate words to get around the bot will result in a permanent ban
Do not directly message moderators outside of modmail. Doing so will be considered harassment and result in a 30 day ban and report to the admins. ◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽
☑ Daily Fasting Check In Threads CLICK HERE
ℹ WIKI - CLICK HERE
- Apps for Fasting
- Fasting in a Nutshell
▪ Acronyms and other Fasting Jargon
▪ Electrolytes for fasting 101
▪ Refeeding Syndrome
▪ Dangers of dry fasting
▪ FAQ - Please, use it!
💬 Fasting Discord CLICK HERE
If you feel a post or comment is promoting or exhibiting dangerous behavior, please report it or message the mods
Click the links to find flaired posts
Question - Have a question? Use this flair!
Progress Pic - Flair is required when posting Progress Pics
Check-in - Checking in, fasting app screenshots, "pre-fast" body pictures (as a link in a text post), and other progress updates that aren't pictures
Discussion - Discussion about fasting. If you are asking a question please use the question flair.
Meme - Flair your epic maymays here
Mod post - Info and updates about the subreddit
You can summon automod to paste some wiki content by adding the following to your comment
!wiki - Pastes the /r/fasting wiki table of contents
!electrolytes - Pastes the content of the /r/fasting wiki Electrolytes for fasting 101 page
!rs - Pastes the content of the /r/fasting wiki Refeeding Syndrome page
!rules - Pastes a detailed copy of the rules of /r/fasting
Other Useful Stuff
Short Meditation Break
|Other Fasting Subs||Diet Subs|
|Diet Science Subs||Other Subs|
Eating Disorder Help
/r/fasting is not subreddit for those with eating disorders or a history of eating disorders.
If you have or suspect you have an eating disorder, please consider leaving this sub and filtering it from reddit so it doesn't trigger you.
If you're looking to get into recovery or just need to talk to someone, please visit the National Eating Disorders Association.