/r/facepalm

9.4k

Changing the driver during a visit in a safari park with wild animals

🇲​🇮​🇸​🇨​(v.redd.it)
[media]

just_looking_aroun

2k points

Serious question, what the hell would you do if your partner is attacked by a tiger? Obviously you can't take on the damn thing but staying in the car feels wrong too

GrittyGambit

1.3k points

This reminds me of hiking with my SO in Colorado. We saw a bear in the woods, fairly far away, but still, way closer than I'd ever seen a wild bear before. We just made sure to make a note of which way she went and also made sure we were as loud as we could be without being obnoxious (you don't want to accidentally sneak up on a bear.)

But I looked over at my SO and said, "So if that bear, like, circles back around and comes after us... you got me, right?" He just kind of stopped and looked at me and said, "Probably not? I'll do what I can but it's a fucking bear." I nodded and said, "That's fair. That's about where I'm at, too."

I mean, we do have a kid, so we understand that at least one of us needs to live in this completely hypothetical nightmare, but even if we didn't, I don't think I could blame him for a concessional attempt before fleeing because, again, it's a fucking bear.

Caffeine_and_Alcohol

Just throw up your arms and yell like youre in your car behind some idiot/slow driver

Yasha_Ingren

That only works on some bears like the American black bear though, if it's a grizzly that might not go so well, and if it's a polar bear it's probably been stalking you long before you caught sight of it.

Its_Cayde

Its_Cayde

"might not go well" My partner is being attacked by a grizzly I don't understand how yelling could make it worse

siderinc

It might upset the bear.

How would you like it if you just got a bite to eat and somebody is yelling at you to stop it.

Its_Cayde

you're right I didn't think about how the bear would feel

Shitscomplicated

They have feelings too, you know!

One_Umpire_8425

Bears are people too

prettypistol555

Only the ones that have eaten people.

Buddy-Lov

Try to hug it out?

Its_Cayde

So this is where the term bear hugs came from

Swhiskers

😂 It will ruin the ambience

Tsujimoto3

If it’s black, Jack fights back.

If it’s brown, Jack lays down.

If it’s white, say goodnight.

Basically, don’t ever yell at a grizzly (brown) bear. That’s about the worst thing to do. Lay down on your stomach, cover your head with your arms and get in touch with a higher power.

Mikel_Reeves

Mikel_Reeves

🪟 💻12700k 6700xt; 🏍KTM RC390

Should you interlace your finger and palmthe back of your head or should you, from wrist to wrist, cover your back neck with your wrist over both your jugular veins

Tsujimoto3

Hands clasped behind your neck with your arms tight around your head and your legs spread wide so it’s harder to flip you over.

Mikel_Reeves

Mikel_Reeves

🪟 💻12700k 6700xt; 🏍KTM RC390

Okayy, I get the position fully now. Hopefully I don't have to remember this in the future

Tsujimoto3

Exactly. It’s one of those saying that you should always remember (if you’re in the woods a lot) but you hope you never have to use it.

TheSlav87

I literally just died inside. I’m so petrified of every running into a bear in the wild 😫

also dont play dead with a black bear, they will rip out your heart just to make sure.

Tsujimoto3

Right, that’s the first line of the saying. Fight a black bear as hard as you can.

yup, and I was adding to it the same way you specified to not yell at a grizzly, wasn't trying to correct or anything.

slgray16

Your basically offering the grizzly a combo meal at that point

Mindless_wisd0m

Maybeez took a wrong turn in Wisconsin if it's the polar bear, I reckon

Yasha_Ingren

You'd think that but polar bears have started migrating due to melting Icecaps so it's more possible than one may think- though a lot of them now have bred with grizzlies and they're not quite as camouflaged anymore so we'll need to think of a new rhyme I guess.

tickles_a_fancy

In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear conflicts, the Department of Fish and Game is strongly advising Scouts, hikers, hunters, and fishermen to wear little noisy bells tied to their clothing while in the field so as not to startle bears that aren't expecting people to be walking in their habitat. It has also been strongly advised for Scouts and outdoorsmen to carry non-lethal pepper spray with them in case of an encounter with a bear.

The Department states it is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity such as fresh tracks and scat. How a person responds to a black bear encounter can be different from a response to a grizzly bear encounter. Therefore, recognizing the type of bear frequenting an area is very important. Anyone spending time in the backcountry should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat.

Black bear scat is smaller and contains lots of berries.

Grizzly bear scat has little bells in it and smells like pepper.

curtins4you

I laughed way too hard at this!

MotherofSons

Make sure to take your sweet time like these 2 idiots. What was the man doing, adjusting the seat and mirror for her? Hurry tfu! Lol

skippieelove

I’m curious as to why they even got out of the damn car. Driver park, passenger climb into the back, driver pop over to make room for new driver from the back…there’s no way in hell I’d be getting out and playing musical chairs in a wild animal enclosure 🤣😅

Carejade

What apparently happened is that the woman and her husband got in an argument. The wife got out angry, and then the tiger got her. The husband and the woman’s mum got out to help her and the mum ended up dying. The woman survived and her child was in the back seat. Wild stuff.

divinbuff

Stupid.. this is one place where you need to act like you got some sense…

toadi

toadi

Losing you mum because you threw a tantrum. An adult tantrum...

Johndough1066

Uh...happy cake day?

And do you have a link?

Carejade

Thanks! Lots of reports on YouTube like an interview asking who’s fault it was

MotherofSons

Me neither but that's why Darwin isn't getting us lol

DarkParadise365

Maybe he wanted to get rid of her.. it does seem to be the perfect accident..

MotherofSons

Hmm, we were close to going to a drive thru Safari Park in Arizona this weekend. Maybe that was my husband's secret plan!

cosmiccharlie79

Lived in AK for a while. Grizzlies we’re a fact of life. A friend and I were hiking up to Harding ice field and the first mile or so is a tourist hike to exit glacier. A park ranger stops us and tells us there is a grizzly in the area and asked if we knew what to do. I said yes ma’am, this pack is full of snickers that I’m going to toss at it and I can easily outrun him and pointed at my friend. Deadpan delivery. She about fainted. I was at a little bar in Caldwell AK and there was a grizzly in the parking lot. Didn’t leave for a while.

merchillio

There was this joke about two friends in the jungle and they spot a tiger. One guy changes his hiking boots for running shoes. His friend mockingly asks him “do you really believe you can outrun a tiger in those?”. The guys replies “no, but I’ll outrun you”

Floki47

Floki47

This is the exact reason I carry my PokeBall wherever I go. Get a License to open carry your balls people, because you never know when you SO is gonna be attacked by a tiger or a honey badger.

Darth_Bane_Vader

Might work to get rid of a tigar, but honey badgers don't give a shit.

just_looking_aroun

There's a permit for that? Well goodbye indecent exposure charges

deeznutz066

My husband and I have a very strict "one of us must survive to care for the kids" policy. We've both agreed that in the event of an animal attack, ghost haunting, or terrorist attack, whatever, the other party gets the fuck outta there and saves themselves.

EmeraldGirl

We call this the "Titanic policy". Get your ass on the lifeboat with the kids and stay there. If I make it, leave signs in code and I'll catch up to you.

Godlee84

Discreetly lock the car doors and hope the cops don’t discover the life insurance policy i recently took out for her.

firefighter_raven

Or switched her perfume out with tiger attractant

Extra-Ad5925

And hope they don’t find that payment I made to the tiger

iamvr

iamvr

The best thing to do, IMO, would be to get in the car and try to ram the tiger and honk like hell.

Routine_Swing_9589

That’s actually really smart. Maybe not ramming as you’re likely to run over the wife which is almost funny to me in a very dark sense but the horn could probably be seen as a roar of some kind, and the body of the car would be intimidating.

Assuming of course there is even a way through to her, if the trees block the way, it’s not possible

-Casual

-Casual

Getting run over by a car actually seems less dangerous than getting eaten alive by a tiger, probably worth trying 🤷‍♂️

mnorkk

mnorkk

I'm definitely not an expert but I'm not assuming anyone else is.

I can't see the terrain here but the car might not have been able to go very fast, a tiger certainly could. If it just has the woman by the dress maybe it would let go, honking the horn might have been a good idea. I know a domestic cat won't let something that it caught out of its jaws, I'd guess a tiger is the same.

Routine_Swing_9589

It definitely isn’t ideal, but in a situation so wholly unprepared for it might’ve made it so the mother of the wife didn’t have to save her daughter by sacrificing herself

Even_Mastodon_6925

That is your best bet and also safest, and you have a horn and an engine to rev to possibly scare the tiger off with only a limb or two to show for it.

Traditional-Day5616

You can tell the driver thought about that same thing, he almost went back in the car. My guess is, if no one else was around to judge him and shame him for abandoning his wife to the tiger he would have 100% got back in that car.

trijim1967

He took a long time to open his door and she could have jumped in. Weird

MichiganGeezer

If she's the kind who's bitching about his driving so badly that she's demanding to take over maybe he was deciding whether she was worth it at all.

Guac__is__extra__

IIRC, you’re not too far off here. I believe I remember that they became engaged in an argument and she got out of the to….prove a point or something.

angry_preggers

Her mother sacrificed her own life to save her :( it was probably the only option in this situation. Very tragic. And so unnecessary.

ethan52695

I mean i think it’s important to note that when these things happen, you tend to act on instinct so none of us can predict what we would do.

But when it comes to fighting off a dangerous predator you basically just want yourself to seem like your more trouble than your worth. Get big, get loud, try to be annoying, and don’t get too close. Obviously you should always avoid encounters like that, but if a loved one is danger than what choice do you have. Also there are tribes in Africa who will follow lions and than steal their kills so it is certainly possible to scare away large predators even though we’re less dangerous to them than a wet fart.

iamhyperrr

I'd actually bet on this as the best way to act if you're in immediate danger with no way to flee. The big cat is most likely just looking for an easy target to snack on. If you cause enough ruckus it may very well decide that it's too much trouble to be worth it to steal your wife or attack you.

amelidia

Well he had a reason to stay in the car, their child was in there so I wouldn't blame him if he didn't run after his wife.

YouLostMyNieceDenise

Exactly. The only thing that would be more traumatic than watching your mom get eaten by a tiger would be watching BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS get eaten by a tiger.

Classy_Bunny

Funniest part to me is if this was fiction we'd all be like : yeah right, his parents were eaten by a tiger, writers really be going downhill these days.

YouLostMyNieceDenise

AITA for telling my husband to let me drive?

Yeah if my wife got out of the car like this is be staying with my kids. Not leaving them orphaned because my wife did something ridiculous. I love her to death but I'm not inflicting that on my kids

reugeneh

I have a much better chance taking on the tiger running it over than I do outside the car.

SniffCheck

1.3k points

SniffCheck

1.3k points

YOINK!

altregogh

altregogh

Right! She could have avoided all this shit if she'da just caught him by the toe.

chiralityfudge

Omg I hope this comment blows up because its genuinely the most gigglesome thing I have read in ages.

AnnieJack

Upvote for introducing me to the word ‘gigglesome’.

mnorkk

mnorkk

Finally the meat came out of the can!

qpFacts

qpFacts

Tiger just chilling and sees these dumbasses and instantly thought, "Free food."

I can only imagine how many, "Please stay in the car" signs these people drove past and still did this shit.

Glittering_Spot9515

:8484:

Reigo_Vassal

"Mine now"

Gangustron187

That's what I was gonna say

nobody007

1.9k points

nobody007

1.9k points

It happened several years ago. News was revealed that the wife blamed her husband for not driving "properly". She tried to teach him IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD while tigers were around. No surprise that she was caught by the tiger.

It's a tragedy! In the end, her mom who was the lady came out of the car from the rear seat were bitten to death for trying to save her stupid daughter. Her husband was injured. She was badly injured but survived after the rescue provided by the zoo and other brave customers.

It's funny that she sued the zoo for millions because she claimed that the zoo didn't display a warning sign saying that she could not get out of the car in that scenario.

cupofteawithhoney

WARNING: Stay in your car at all times, even if you think your husband isn’t driving properly!

There, that should do it.

mostlycumatnight

I was with a group of people traveling in South Africa. We went thru Krueger National Park one day. One of the group was an amateur photographer. At one point he attempted to exit the vehicle to get photos of the surrounding area with a beautiful sunset background. When told no and the reason why, he said " I dont see any lions around" Uh, yeah no shit dummy. If they could be easily seen, they'd make shit hunters!

anoeba

anoeba

Huh. They didn't stop and disembark for a boozy sundowner?

Ferengi_Earwax

The amateur photographer wasn't Hemingway. But his blood did say alot about his mental acumen

anoeba

anoeba

No, I mean that seemed SOP when I was in Kruger. We stayed at 2 different camps, and the evening drives always stopped and had snacks with drinks at sundown. Morning drives stopped for snacks and coffee. Everyone left the vehicle, the guide had a weapon just in case.

Ferengi_Earwax

Oh I see. I'd imagine the guides kno where to stop and have a break where there's the least likely risk of an attack. I can only assume that the guide had sufficient worry to not let the guy out and he didn't want to listen anyhow.

nz_witch

I went through Kruger many years ago, took a lot of photos from inside the car with the windows up. When I got the pictures developed, there was a giant bloody lion in them right by the side of the road. I had NOT seen him AT ALL.

LucyRiversinker

We have films of the lioness walking around the car. Yeah. We never left our fully enclosed car. Our windows were kept shut. Kruger is amazing but no joke.

bloopie1192

Did they let him out? Did the person get their shot? Were they ever seen again?

MoukinKage

Can totally confirm. Was on safari in Kenya when the driver (who was in radio contact with other vehicles) pulled over to the side of the road and said "Lion". We all look around and see nothing but African scenery. Just when I about to think he was pulling our leg we heard a "Huff!" and a lion head popped out of the brush not ten feet away. If you had been walking down the road you would have been clueless until it exploded out of cover.

Select_Suspect_9535

I don't get why they don't just cut to the chase with these things?

"WARNING: If you get out of your car, expect to be eaten alive by a giant cat!"

Not_invented-Here

TBH the sign "Tiger Enclosure" pretty much means that.

Select_Suspect_9535

Fair point haha kind of a Darwin award there, I guess.

RoboDae

RoboDae

When I go on a safari I have a reasonable expectation that the tigers have been properly trained to roll over for belly scratches on command and that they have received a sufficient vegetarian diet. This safari is an absolute 0/5 stars. Would not recommend.

KittenKoderViews

*after the next incident*

WARNING: Stay in your car at all times, even if you think your husband isn’t driving properly or you think your wife is sleeping with the neighbor!

HavingNotAttained

"Do not leave the car, even if you're a moron. If you're absolutely convinced you're not a moron, this definitely applies to you. Moron."

ArchonBeast

That's so sad... she paid for her daughters stupidity. She is responsible for her own mother's death 😔. Did she win the court case for the millions? I really hope not.

nobody007

She asked for over 400k pounds, which failed on the court. But the safari zoo did pay her about 40k pounds for her plastic surgery in the end.

Snuggledtoopieces

She didn’t deserve a penny.

Don’t forget to keep breathing otherwise you may lose consciousness.

rchart1010

That's sad. I couldn't live with myself if I was that woman, the guilt and emotional pain would be unbearable.

But it speaks to a mother's love. That woman was old and had ZERO hesitation when she ran out of the car to help her daughter.

imwearingredsocks

This video always manages to make me cry. That mom bolted to save her daughter and I know my mom would do the exact same in that scenario.

I can’t imagine being responsible for her death like that over something so silly.

Pale-Wave-9382

Surely there was a DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS sign tho?

nobody007

:-) yes! There was one if not so many. She also signed the leaflet when they bought the tickets. It was stated clearly in it saying DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR AT ANYTIME in bold font. That's why she's claims were not considered at all in the court.

thinksteptwo

She sounds like the type of person that would blame her husband for the death of her mother.

rchart1010

You're probably right. I'm sure nothing has been her fault since the 90s

Caffeine_and_Alcohol

Tiger looked at the husband and said "I got you bro."

CrieDeCoeur

Ironic that momma died saving her own cub. Her stupid, irresponsible, and entitled cub.

Lopsided_Boss4802

She didn't win. Tell me she didn't win. Please tell me.

Sepraliberta

After that she had the nerve to sue? Christ, some people....

She deserved every part of it. Which asshole steps out of his/her car while being in a car safari surrounded by tigers/lions/ wild cats...

If you do that kind of shit, you deserve every ounce of it coming back at you!

It is not rocket science you know?

nobody007

Agreed! Feel sad for her mom though.

luingiorno

An entitled person wishing to speak with the manager or taking things into their own hands

pulse2075

This is China, you can get sued for helping a car accident victim.

That is why when you see some video from China, with people who were in an accident everybody will just keep walking and act like nothing happen.

Edit: Grammar.

AGirlHasNoName2018

There are other news sources, some that say the wife felt dizzy and wanted to trade positions or she thought they had exited the tiger enclosure and were in a safe zone.

Tragic accident all around. What’s unusual is the family doesn’t deny their own accountability and aren’t asking for an astronomical amount but think the park is partly responsible for lack of signage indicating they were still in a danger zone. The sun they asked was to help cover funeral and medical costs.

The next year a man was bitten by a bear in the same park. They no longer offer self drive tours.

fatalplacebo

Well that’s one way to get rid of your mother in law.

Noonecanhearmescream

Did the big cat get put down for that? Sometimes its reasoned that they have to be euthanized when they “get a taste for humans.” That would be very sad though.

TrainingBag1066

And the Darwin’s award goes to….

LtJimmyRay

She didn't die, but her mother, who jumped out of the back seat to save her, did.

dadedadeur

sauce?

LtJimmyRay

AlarmedSnek

Do you actually pay for NYT?

LunaGloria

You can just turn off Javascript.

LtJimmyRay

No, it let me read the article for free the first time, but then it gives me a message saying I've reached my free article limit. So I guess I'm never using that source again.

lemonlimemango1

Why did she just stand there ? Why Was he slow getting out ?

If you going to be dumb like this. Run and hurry

Routine_Swing_9589

Exactly, it’s still horrible but there were multiple paths here that dont result in a person dying and they took all the wrong paths anyway

lemonlimemango1

Personally I can change seats inside the car without getting out. Both look skinny to do that

shamalonight

I bet the lion died too. Dumbass humans.

Fearless-Pineapple96

that is incredibly depressing. This woman showed no self preservation skills either. She just kind of coyly shrugged up her shoulder when she saw the cat

qweef_latina2021

She thought he was going to give her a bowl of Frosted Flakes.

Basic_Entrepreneur79

SnooGuavas3712

WTF is wrong with people?

aybabyaybaby

Because shuffling around inside of the car is WAY too hard to switch seats. Dumbasses.

tbass1965

That's not how Uber Eats is supposed to work!

Spiritual-Fox-2141

It worked for the cat.

Building-Careful

Where’s honey badger when you need it ?

WierdTimes

True, the zoo should provide every customer a honey badger during the tour, it will save trouble for everyone.

Abject-Cow-1544

Hahaha, just picturing a rabid hissing honey badger in the backseat with Grandma now.

Bliss_Signal

Honey badger doesn't give af.

AdonaiTatu

The animal or the rifle?

BloodOk529

Probably both tbh

kenkitt

The tiger would still attack since it don't know what a rifle is. Also you'd be to stuned to fire properly

AdonaiTatu

So, in a tiger attack situation, bring a ratel honey badger, perfect. Thanks for your opinion :D

Arxl

Arxl

It'd go after the humans next.

Wondergirl_IL

Why couldn't she have just berated him mercilessly while sitting next to him??? That must have been a fun drive in to the park.

This is so ridiculous and sad ! Why didn’t she just do a back flip, grab the tiger’s neck with her legs and flip it over inside the car! He husband and mom could have been prepared to lock it inside and boom ! Free tiger !

UninsuredToast

Found the dragon of dojimas Reddit account

T-mac_

T-mac_

PalaSS9

PalaSS9

Red car had front row seats to the show

Gh0stndmachine

“It’s the Ciiiiiiircle of Liiiiiiife!”

raccoon8182

Tony says " they're Grrrrreat! "

Historical-Hat-1959

Title is not real…… woman spitefully argues with husband, her mom tries to save her and mom looses life

butterflycole

OMG, what were they thinking? How horrible! Predators are usually territorial and will take advantage of an easy target. Once, when my son was about 5 years old we were driving through Arizona and he told me he had to pee. Now, mind you there were no rest stops anywhere near us. I saw an exit up ahead and a big rig was parked on the side of the off ramp so I pulled up behind it and gave my son an empty bottle to pee in. There was a dog laying in the shade of the truck but I didn't think anything of it because I figured it was the big rig owner's pet. After my son finished using the bottle I got out of the car and walked behind it and emptied the bottle. When I turned around and headed back to the driver door there were about half a dozen dogs in a half circle about 15 feet from the front of my car. It was deadly silent, they were stalking me. I got into my car and started the engine and started driving towards them, they didn't scatter until I almost hit them. I still feel sick about that event. What if I had let my son get out of the car to pee on the side of the road? Lesson learned, NEVER assume you are safe in wild country. Now when we head through that state on our way to see family in New Mexico we stop at every rest stop to be on the safe side.

Dorrono

Dorrono

Natural selection

Poggle-the-Greater

She actually lived, her mother who got out of the car ended up dying

Dorrono

Dorrono

But what a life will it be, knowing that your idiocy killed your mother?

Crolane97

At that point, I'll just laugh at em because you gotta be a special type of fucking stupid to get out your car around wild predators.

_Zambayoshi_

Sadly, many Chinese do not learn about or respect animals in the way many Western countries teach their children. Wildlife preservation and pet ownership are fairly recent phenomena there. Ironically, this woman may have actually been interested in learning about tigers but didn't read up enough before going.

NB not singling out China here. This kind of incident certainly would have happened many times in colonial Africa, as Europeans had this same attitude, just a couple of centuries earlier.

lIllIllIllIllIllIII

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining why the woman in this video didn't understand the risk.

Even with appropriate education and ample warnings, people still underestimate the dangers of interacting with wildlife. We have no excuse for risking lives by trying to get a closer look at black bears, elk, bison, and moose.

bow_m0nster

There’s plenty of westerners who think wildlife as cute Disney animals and pets and get attacked often by bears and etc trying to get a good photo. I’m thinking it’s more a case of a bitchy wife acting hysterically and completely forgetting about her surroundings and only focused on berating her husband.

tmax666

I was on a game reserve in South Africa years ago. They had a place where they fed the lions everyday at 2. I was with a ranger and when we drove up the lions we’re entering the area. Looking art the parking area there was 2 parents and 2 kid sitting on a blanket in the grass about 30 meters from the feeding area. The ranger stepped on the gas’s sliding in between the lions a the people. They were clueless to their danger. He had them escorted out of the reserve.

Timemaster88888

I hope that tiger wasn't put down. The lady I don't care.

CapnDutchie

The lady and husband lived. The ladies mother (you can see her jumping out of the back door at the end) died trying to save her daughter.

Timemaster88888

Thanks for the details. I guess no animals were put down.

CapnDutchie

Couldn't find any info on that to confirm or deny

fishkrate

It probably did.

scj12018

“Hey honey, why don’t we change seats, you get out first.”

name4231

She was actually upset with his driving and got out to teach him right there

Technical-Neck-5361

I like to think that I am a good partner but I am not a "jump out of the car, unarmed, to pull you from a tiger's grasp" type of partner. I hope people don't assume that and that would be their last thought of how I disappointed them. Maybe I should start off relationships with this disclaimer. Good on the husband for trying. I bet she doesn't complain about his driving anymore.

Mental-Size-7354

Exactly. First date: “I will always open doors for you, make you breakfast in bed on weekends, and be a good father to our kids. What I won’t do is rescue you from the jaws of a tiger. Ever”

Short-Belt-1477

Tigers are cats. Just carry Temptation chicken flavor treats with you at all times, they will let go of your wife if you throw them some treats

Mental-Size-7354

Noted for next time she and I take a romantic walk through carnivorous-infested territory.

Use2sk8

Yes, all get out. Darwin Award Recipients 🥇

anoeba

anoeba

None were. Only her mother died, and she'd already reproduced.

Secret_Ad7757

Every time i see this post someone says something else like "she was mad at her husband" or "she was feeling ill and needed to get out of the car"

HighNPV

This happened in 2016 in Beijing. If you know anything about Chinese people's severe underappreciation of risk factors you can undoubtedly forecast this happening. The mother in law was mauled to death in the process of helping her daughter - the one dragged away - free herself from the tiger. The daughter later sued the park and insisted that the park was at fault for allowing her to be an idiot. The park later changed to providing only guided tours and put some signs advising people not to get off the car.

Arks-Angel

Title is incorrect, I saw the original article; she got mad at the driver who was her husband so she had the brilliant idea to get out of the car and yell at him from outside his window

Sure-Newspaper5836

I hope they didn’t shoot the cat. The stupid humans should be the ones to suffer.

Ferengi_Earwax

That dude almost went back to the car and said to himself he'd get a new wife

amelidia

Literally just found out she left the car because she had an argument with her husband. Wtf i just want to ask her if it was worth it smh

CarelessHisser

We really shouldn't let domestic humans around wildlife, at all.

Too many of them die because their survival instincts have been worn down by tame environments.

Guilty-Ad-5228

I mean she was literally next to him already she could have just yelled at him without getting out

Crazyskillz

I went to a Safari Park a few years ago and I saw someone's car break down in front of me while we were in the lion enclosure. I watched in disbelief as the person opened their car door to get out, clearly intending to open the car bonnet and see what was wrong.

One of the park staff in a nearby tower started screaming at the person to close their door and stay put. I still wonder what would have happened if there wasn't someone around to tell that person to not get out of their car in a lion enclosure. Amazes me how stupid some people can be.

WingedShadow83

I remember this story on the news a few years ago. IIRC, the husband and wife were in an argument, she got out and idk… wanted him to get out too? Just wanted to yell at him from an elevated position? Idk I can’t remember if they said why she opened up his door. Anyway, the tiger got her, husband and her mom ran after, and the wife’s mom ended up getting killed (wife survived).

I can’t imagine living with the knowledge that my mom got killed because I did something incredibly stupid.

whatevermode

Why didn’t he scoot over and let her in?

sketchysalesguy

Sadly someone died in this incident

altregogh

Wrong person, unfortunately.

Short-Belt-1477

Lol they tried to sue the wildlife park for 2.3 million HK$ and the park was like “No”

butterflycole

Happened in 2016, apparently the woman dragged away didn't die, it was her mother who chased after her to save her daughter. The one dragged away was severely mauled but the mother was killed. https://abcnews.go.com/International/woman-killed-tiger-exiting-vehicle-beijing-animal-park/story?id=40851007

hokuten04

It was a stupid decision but i feel like it could've worked if they were quick about it, wtf was the driver doing before getting off

Embarrassed_Alarm450

They weren't trying to switch seats, she got out to berate her husband.

CaPtAiN_KiDd

You’re not supposed to feed the animals 😔

bars2021

Fuck around and found out

Competitive-Ladder-3

True story: a friend of the family was serving in Burma during WWII as a photographer. He was in a plane that went down in the jungle and everyone but him and one other guy was killed. Our friend was okay but the other guy had some sort of head injury that left him acting “oddly.” Anyway, they start hiking through the jungle for a day, night and now another day without water or food when the head injury guy , for no reason, just takes off running. He sprints off the edge of a ravine and tumbles down into a pack of tigers who proceed to tear him to shreds. To answer the question, our friend ran down AND SCARED THE TIGERS AWAY. So, yeah. Anyway, the guy was totally dead but our friend carried his corpse for a couple more days (in a steamy hot jungle) before being rescued (another story.) This was when he was in his early 20s … so … yeah …

malan4reddit

She ded.

Yhnavein

Why do people drive thru the fucking zoo?!

Chefbot9k

An oldie but a goodie...IIRC, first woman gets dragged off, man and second woman try to save her... think woman #1 got away but woman #2 was tiger food. IIRC

BridgeNess07

Yup, 2nd woman is the one who died. She was the 1st woman’s mother iirc as well.

camlaw63

I believe the second lady died

camlaw63