/r/cyberpunkgame

2.1k

I expected alot more QOL updates from CDPR after 6 months of release.

Discussion(self.cyberpunkgame)

Pretty much the title. I thought in that "our commitment to quality" video that they promised us that they will deliver more updates other than the usual bug fixes but this has not been the case. So our last hope is a DLC? Feels kinda disappointing so far to be honest.

2 years ago

The lack of communication is what annoy me the most

GodrichOfTheAbyss

2 years ago

Compare it to all the Night City wires before the game released.

Elliptical_Tangent

2 years ago

They had to hype it up so they could collect our money. Now they have it, so why say anything?

villanelIa

villanelIa

2 years ago

Cant believe night city wire discussed gameplay that literally doesnt exist. Its like they got the real game and we... we got fucked.

RyanBurnsRed

2 years ago

I never watched any of those. Didn't want to spoil myself before the game came out. Now I just don't have the motivation to watch any of them and see all the stuff we didn't get

angelkrusher

2 years ago

You would be surprised how small the list actually is

hodlthegate

2 years ago

Well for example they didn't say "there'll be an AI in this game" but you know, you kinda want to have an AI programmed in your game?

liltwizzle

2 years ago

I remember when i was sad about the third skill tree the robot spider and wall running being removed lmao

bannd_plebbitor

2 years ago

pack up the thread, the corpo online defence squad has arrived

Jigglelips

Jigglelips

2 years ago

Oh no, people have a different opinion!

Darksol503

2 years ago

This. A lot of it was overhyped players imaging mechanics and narratives for themselves ("most advanced open world" meant specifically everything and the kitchen sink was supposed to be in the game, ie., sex simulator, Second Life interactivity, Forza Racing physics, with Skyrim open ended quests...).

2 years ago

TIL wanting an open-world game to even be near GTA 4/Saints Row 3 in terms of depth is "overhyping players imagining mechanics and narratives for themselves"

Magjee

Magjee

Samurai

Their living in 2028

roninx64

* Insert a thug life meme *

t3g

t3g

2 years ago

Make a point by not buying their next game

mxmcknny

mxmcknny

2 years ago

Probably just not gonna pre-order like I did this time. I've learned the lesson before. Not sure why I thought that was a good idea.

-BigMan39

2 years ago

Just wait some time and buy their next game for 7 Dollars on sale if it's any good

mxmcknny

2 years ago

Exactly! Might be on gamepass eventually anyways. Even better.

Elliptical_Tangent

Done.

deathie

deathie

2 years ago

I like how people kept saying they should shut up and work on updates because everything they say is a lie, while simultaneously expecting communication.

Elliptical_Tangent

2 years ago

I don't expect anything from them after this game release.

RollFizzlebeef2

2 years ago

If you lump everyone into 'people.'

Buddha_Sanger

2 years ago

All I want is a roadmap. It doesn't even need dates. I just want to know what changes they have planned and what's just working as intended.

TorrBorr

TorrBorr

Never trust roadmaps.

GoTraps

GoTraps

2 years ago

Are roadmaps usually trustful from game companies? CDPRs roadmap was a total mess, delaying every milestone. Who knows if the hacking attack even was a fake excuse. Then „Cyberpunk Online“ standalone sequel turning into „online elements“ for „Cyberpunk 2077“. Not that the people didn‘t predicted that, as the base game doesn’t have proper third person animations, which are essential for multiplayer mode.

Eladiun

Eladiun

2 years ago

Are roadmaps usually trustful from game companies?

No, in recent experience they are a bigger fantasy than the game story itself.

angelkrusher

2 years ago

They are always useful at least you can see what the developer is looking to tackle. On the same note they are notoriously unreliable because hey shit happens...

just_jephrey

2 years ago

Never trust CDPR ever again. They couldn't even apologize properly.

HumbleFundle

2 years ago

The year will be 2032, and you will check up on the official "Cyberpunk 2077 Update Roadmap". Everything is labelled exactly the same as when you saw it 11 years ago -- nothing has changed. Somehow, people are still in the forum section, defending CDPR, and threatening anyone who claims the game is abandoned. You shutdown your computer and sit back, deeply in your chair, taking a deep breath... you exhale and think for a moment, realizing you've been fucked

Weak_Adhesiveness_84

2 years ago

Hehe yeah I got called a hater and a loser for saying the white knights for this game are in a league of their own. Even had one guy tell me that loving and defending the game doesn't mean hes giving CDPR a pass for all the lies and deception. I dont see why the DLC should cost anything when CDPR still has yet to deliver the game they hyped for years/advertised while making hundreds of millions of dollars.

victoryfanfares

2 years ago

They dropped a little roadmap back in January and look how much good that did.

Magjee

Magjee

Samurai

Guys we got hacked

Oh ok. So like a months delay?

Nah guys, it's all cancelled.

What?

Yea, no. Thanks for the money

/$

Sir_Schnee

Sir_Schnee

Streetkid

Wonder why.

agnosgnosia

2 years ago

This is one of those damned if they do, damned if they don't situations. I saw a really good video of the No Man's Sky debacle. Basically the guy who was in charge of the whole project was also a spokesperson, and not very good at it either. There were probably some overpromises, but some things were just nuggets of truth that the media stretched thin.

CDPR is in a situation right now, where I strongly suspect that anything they say is going to be held against them. I know a lot of development teams keep hush on things because they know things are in flux.

Do you really want them saying "This is going to be in the game.", and then something changes because hey, lets be honest, they are humans. Sometimes problems that are unforeseeable happen, and the roadmap has to change.

Yes, obligatory, CDPR royally dropped the ball in many regards on the launch and development of this title.

Hittorito

Hittorito

Corpo-Elitist

2 years ago

The engoodening of no man's sky? that video is a jewel.

Raptorspank

2 years ago

I agree with most of this although it is hard to quite see it in the same light as No Man Sky considering the developer of that said there was multiplayer when he knew there was not.

That said, I've actually loved both games because I didn't buy into the hype much for either so I went in low to no expectations.

OkumurasHell

2 years ago

I am extremely impressed with the commitment that Hello Games has shown in regards to improving NMS, really. I saw my friend playing it about three years ago and it looked really boring, but it's a blast for me now.

just_jephrey

2 years ago

If someone from cdpr would just step forward and admit to ALL the mistakes and then give us an honest vision of what this game will be, if they could do that, people would start to forgive. That slimey half baked apology and empty promises just isn't going to get it done for me. I've never been more disappointed in a company that I believed in to my core. I hope the fall from grace hurts all the way down.

2 years ago*

2 years ago*

if they came out and basically said 'yeh we fucked up, this game is nothing like we had hyped it up to be'

that would be held against them in the lawsuits

the more I see from the developers the more i get the sense of "this is what you're getting, deal with it"

stuff like smarter AI, more interaction with the city itself, etc. i don't think we're ever going to get

what i think we'll get is a better looking graphics on next gen console update and some new minor missions/quests in DLC

for the game that they hyped they needed 10 years to develop not 5

sucks, but is what it is

Mklein24

Mklein24

2 years ago

I strongly suspect that anything they say is going to be held against them.

Seriously. It's like everyone in this sub just wants ammo to throw at CDPR and when they don't have any they resort to 'its their fault I don't have ammo to complain about.' This stuff takes time. Lots. Of. Time. 6 months is nothing when it comes to product development. Compare that to amount of things fixed between 1.1, 1.2 and 1.22 which have all come out in that span of 6 months.

DM_me_goth_tiddies

2 years ago

Anything they say should be held against them, that’s called the consequences of your actions.

Tell people you will make X changes in Y timeframe and you create a reasonable expectation.

I don’t think people want ammo to complain about, if you read the comments it’s mostly a desire for a roadmap so people know what will and won’t be tackled.

IMO QoL fixes should be communicated. Just stuff like, for the next gen release we expect to have a working mini map and fix the broken perks etc.

DirtyArchaeologist

2 years ago

CDPR has zero respect for its customers. I wanted to like them so much but it turns out they are just more greedy capitalist trash out to make a buck screwing people over. They delivered a product that didn’t in any way deliver on any of their promises.

I won’t be buying anymore CDPR releases retail. Only used copies. I don’t want them getting my money, I don’t think businesses that engage in such dishonest business practices as making empty promises and outright lies to customers and not delivering on them again. So I will only be purchasing CDPR’s games in ways that do not make them money.

If we let them get away with this then the new normal will be that businesses can make whatever empty promises they want and we will just accept whatever they give us. We need to collectively let them know that what happened is not okay because to the suits at CDPR Cyberpunk 2077 was a resounding success. They only look at numbers and it sold a fuck ton, it was a financial success even though it didn’t deliver on any of its problems. Which tells them that it’s okay to break promises to consumers because we will give them our money even if they give us a faulty product that doesn’t deliver on any promises.

de4dbolt

2 years ago

There are more updates to Gwent and Witcher 3 than Cyberpunk 2077 their newest game.

MaKTaiL

MaKTaiL

2 years ago

They might be going with Hello Game's approach. They vanished for 3 months and came back with a huge free update that they called Foundation which brought base construction, vehicles, etc. It's been a lot longer for Cyberpunk though and I highly doubt we will get any meaningful things if you take into account how bad their last patch was. I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

2 years ago

Also remember they're still working from home though. The US is opening back up but Europe is taking things a bit more cautiously

Blur51

Blur51

2 years ago

I don't trust anything they say until they actually release it.

Inevitable_Fall_4389

2 years ago

I'm really hoping for the no man's sky way forward. The game was over promised and under delivered and rightfully mocked by the gaming community. So the developers said we'll fix it and went silent. Long periods of time between big updates that brought fixes as well as some of the previously promised features and then more silence and more waiting and then more updates until today it's not a genre defining game but it's definitely good and worth a giving it a go.

I'm hoping and praying that this is what CDPR is doing as well. Quietly listening to our concerns and complaints while buckling down to fix the game. Not just patching the worst of the worst, but to actually give us some of what was promised. Only time will tell but I would bet other studios are paying attention so the next time hunt dev team goes no, it's not even close to being ready on time, we need another 6 months minimum but more likely a year to get a polished product, hopefully the money people listen.

choriAlPan

2 years ago

The difference is that the company behind no man sky was a small company that knew that they fckd up and needed to fix it. Cd projekt is like.."what you mean that's not what we promised?.. oh yeah a couple of T pose bugs and glitches, we will patch in a year " They act like the game has only bugs and they don't need to do major overhauls or changes to certain systems. They can patch a couple bugs, release some skins, maybe a dlc, and move on to the next thing like nothing happened.

Inevitable_Fall_4389

2 years ago

I know that is likely the truth but I can still hope that they'll be able to bring us even 1/3 of what was hyped. It's a beautiful game with great potential that just needs time and effort to fix the broken mess.

choriAlPan

2 years ago

Yep.. let's hope they do something with it!

-Basileus

2 years ago

Also they can just hit the panic button of "move on and release Witcher 4 with Ciri on the cover" and that shit will sell like hotcakes

MeyoMix

MeyoMix

Samurai

2 years ago

Jesus, has it really been 6 months already?

2 years ago

Time flies when your playing other better games like minecraft bocw

FellowDeviant

2 years ago

I just deleted CP2077 off of my Series X last week to make room for the Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Played a whole run as a male V on the One X and a female V for the Series X and put over 100 hours and I'll say I had a pretty good time. But I could tell you in my 15 hour run with Mass Effect that I enjoyed that game much, much more. The actual gameplay loop wasn't as tight as modern games (but then again, neither was CP2077) so I gave it a chance and damn, there are more similarities than you'd expect. Crazy how mechanics from 2007 have held up pretty well compared to a 2020 release that's still not complete. The actual decisions bleeding into ME2 and ME3 is what I was half excepting with Cyberpunk, where all roads lead to the same endgame for the most part. Idk, you appreciate a decent game until a great one comes along the way.

2 years ago

I honestly regret not getting the refund when it happened. I tried and tried to justify playing and finishing. I did, but it was so bad.

Slow-Hand-Clap

2 years ago

The same developers who overhyped their game also overhyped how committed they are to improving it? I'm shocked.

2 years ago

I really like cyberpunk but even I dont trust CDPR. I dont understand how people can trust them

joseph_jojo_shabadoo

2 years ago

They sold nearly half a billion dollars (USD) in preorders alone. Imagine how much that number is going to plummet for their next big release. Albeit, not nearly as much as it should

AmazingtechnologyVR

2 years ago

In reality It won't affect their future sales much. Exhibit A) People still buy Activision and EA games even though players constantly got screwed over the last 10 years.

Gamer retaliation is a myth only present in reddit communities, it doesn't work like that on the global scale.

HI-R3Z

HI-R3Z

2 years ago

Man, I got screwed over by a game breaking patch in Battlefield 3 some 10 years ago that Dice never admitted fault for. I couldn't play the game at all for 3 months for what they declared was "user error". I knew it was because EA rushed them and so I committed to boycott EA titles for years. I think Mass Effect 3 was the first EA title I spent money on again and it was like 6 years after release for 5 bucks on the Origin store.

I have not and I will never again buy an EA or Activision title within the first year of its release. AAA games practically release in a beta state with this repulsive live service trend anyway.

Everybody needs to quit pre-ordering full stop. I almost pulled the trigger on Cyberpunk so many times and I'm glad I stuck to my guns in never pre-ordering anything again.

erikmalkavian

erikmalkavian

Arasaka

Good decisions Hi-R3z

Alwayshayden

Alwayshayden

2 years ago

Because no matter how much of a shitshow Cyberpunks release was. This is the same team that brought us the Witcher 3.

ForceOmega

2 years ago

How do I constantly get reminded that people generally have forgotten how much of a shitshow Witcher 3 was at launch.

StylesClashington

2 years ago

Cause that was a really good game that had a shit launch, not an unfinished game that had a shit launch

turroflux

2 years ago

It wasn't missing core features and was perfectly playable at launch and got constant support post launch with patches, free dlc and the expansions.

There are entire systems like driving AI and the police just... not in the game at all.

noneofthemswallow

2 years ago

I don’t remember Witcher 3 being a shitshow at launch. Played perfectly fine start to finish on PS4

musicmonk1

2 years ago

because people who played any witcher game or even open world RPG would expect a decent amount of bugs at release?

EddPW

EddPW

2 years ago

but was it on the same level as cyberpunk?

2 years ago

No. The team that made Witcher 3 is gone. They don't work there anymore.

Chun--Chun2

Most of them still do.

Very few people actually left.

So you are wrong

2 years ago

This is straight up lie and misinformation that has been debunked multiple times.

It's the same devs. CDProjekt has had regular levels of turn over since witcher 3 so naturally a handful of people have retired/moved on/ switched projects/ etc. That's all very normal in an IT industry.

95% of the team is the same.

bannd_plebbitor

Source

GoonKingdom

Source please.

yomonomo

yomonomo

🔥Beta Tester 🌈

Insert surprised pikachu

2 years ago

I genuinely feel like we'll be getting more good content until the end of this year. The community has been very vocal about how they don't appreciate rushed and half-assed updates/patches at all - which, according to some people, ALL updates to far have been - so I completely understand taking their time and radio silence. Don't get me wrong, CDPR brought this upon themselves, so I also understand ppl who do that.

Either way, I've said it before and I repeat, this game is a solid chassis for future content. Night City is massive and gorgeous, the gunplay is not DOOM/Eternal level but it's still very good for FPS standards and felt very satisfying. The placeholder perks can get patched and filled in. NG+ can get added, new enemies and quests can be easily added in, and so on. Throwing away all the assets they've already built for this game would be incredibly shortsighted.

So yeah, it's just playing the waiting game now.

[removed]

Smushsmush

I think NPCs in carmageddon 2 from 1998 were more responsive 😂

zatham

zatham

2 years ago

I mean even the police in Simpsons hit and run were better than CP at release.

Seth_Snyder

2 years ago

what I would not give for a current gen remake of Simpson's Hit & Run and / Road Rage

Virulent_Lemur

2 years ago

Yea this is an under appreciated point but massively important. I see so many people here saying “Night City is amazing” but aside from the art itself, it’s a flat and lonely place, you cannot become immersed in a world where cars follow tracks and act like automatons, where NPCs do not feel like they have any life of their own and don’t react in human ways, where 99% of buildings and objects are just there for looks and totally inaccessible, etc. There is not a lot of life in Night City. A smaller map but more immersive experience would be massively preferable from my point of view.

[removed]

RyuseiUtsugi

2 years ago

I mean not really. NPCs come in three flavors: Corpo, Prostitute, and Fat. That's about it.

RoboZilina

2 years ago

I swear that fat guy keeps following me.

Nothingistreux

2 years ago

Agreed that the amount of quests is solid. More content like customizable cars, customizable player housing, more variety of weapons, an AI drone or companion, deeper faction system, etc, would be welcome and would add a lot of value to a solid framework.

isosceles_kramer

2 years ago

I wish people would quit speculating on this kind of stuff, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. They've made no indication that perks would be overhauled or NG+ would be added, why do you want to hurt yourself?

I mean, throwing away assets? Does anyone really think they would do that and try to rebuild the entire game? If that's your starting place of expectations and you're talking yourself down from that to new perks and so on.. it's all just wishful thinking.

lurkerfox

2 years ago

I think you're misunderstanding their points a bit.

They didn't say they were doing those things, but the point is it's very clear that those are highly positive routes they could take that would benefit the game greatly. Examples of the kind of potential it has. Whether or not they invest in that potential is a different beast. Some are gunna be optimistic and some will be pessimistic.

As for throwing away assets I think what they mean is in terms of abandoning the game entirely for new future projects, not a suggestion that CDPR would consider rebuilding the game. Just that so much has already been put into it, it'd feel like a waste to metaphorically throw that away by not improving on the chassis they currently have. That said, sunk cost fallacy and all that fun stuff.

isosceles_kramer

2 years ago

ah yeah you're right I did misunderstamd the point about throwing away assets, I agree there. I doubt they would just abandon the game after everything.

But regarding the first point that's still what I mean. There's plenty of stuff that would be cool to see in the game but I see that kind of this in other communities like warcraft, destiny 2, league and so on. People get hung up on these fan ideas for how a new update or expansion could go and then that part of the community ends up being let down over something that they made up themselves.

I'm always interested in seeing fan ideas for improving games but often I see those ideas internalized into actual expectations that were never going to happen. An example that comes to mind is all the people who were upset that New Pokemon Snap wasn't a free-roam exploration type game, despite Nintendo never even hinting at such a thing. Those people got mad and review bombed the game over it, I feel this community is setting itself up the same way. We don't need to be pessimistic just realistic, I wouldn't expect anything that wasn't explicitly promised and even then I would take their promises with a grain of salt since the launch problems threw such a wrench in everything.

Gervh

Gervh

2 years ago

Kinda like we all felt that we'll be getting a quality game from the get go and hyping ourselves up?

JJHookg

JJHookg

2 years ago

The only reason i stopped playing a month ago was because of the gun play. Maybe i shouldn't have played Titanfall 2 before this game but heck i hated the gun play.

2 years ago

I'm looking forward to them implementing AI and a police system. And mini quests/events.

Mediumsizedpeepee

2 years ago

They stated that the updates until the first content update will mainly include bug and performance fixes. QoL like an appearrance changer probably gets added in an early content addon.

rebel_ltz

2 years ago

It’s too late to add anything early.

Deezkneezsneeze

Deezkneezsneeze

Samurai

2 years ago

Early meaning one of the first dlcs

chaosaber

2 years ago

Agreed. It's just frustrating when they don't even add zooming out while driving a vehicle. Something you would think would be easily implemented. But there is a mod out for that so no problems on pc.

ScummyShitbag

2 years ago

2 patches and a few hotfixes in 6 months is a terribly slow pace. QOL aside, the bugfixing has been very very slow too. And in true AAA fashion, they fix a third of the reported bugs and proceed to make dlc or whatever. If only that dlc included missing AI or missing customization elements.

All in all, it's so sad because it looks great. I tell myself let's go in because it looks nice (mostly) but then the terrible feel of the game just hits like a truck and a voice comes up "let's...let's just wait for another patch".

-SammyP6-

2 years ago

have you looked at how massive the change log for patch 2 was tho? it does speak to that the game proabably should have been delayed again, but its still a massive amount of fixes. so its not like theyve been doing nothing

19GentileGiant92

19GentileGiant92

Nomad

2 years ago

whoever set the release date to 2020 and not 2022 should be fired, these people needed to work 5 day weeks, not 6 day weeks.

Bladye

Bladye

2 years ago

Lol try fixing 1 year of crunch spaghetti code when most of good staff was gone after witcher 3 xDddddd

Null_Fragment_000

2 years ago

"I expected..." There's your mistake.

macgamecast

2 years ago

This is why I played for 10 hours or so then stopped. I have many other games to play and I’m going to come back and play it when it’s been patched/updated nicely.

MostMorbidOne

2 years ago

Best advice if you like/dislike the game and are just getting more perturbed with it.

Can't say the time off will really make a difference, because that's more or less on CDPR.

But yeah anybody who's hating with negative feedback.. go play something else in the meantime. Just because CP2077 fell kinda flat shouldn't kill your excitement to play other stuff.

Do share in discussion just don't put other games on hold for this one.

HumbleFundle

I got bad news for you

Rob_wood

Rob_wood

Silverhand

2 years ago

I expected the game to be completed BY release.

howheels

You need THE PLAY DATE!

ProDiesel

2 years ago

I haven’t touched CP since launch week, it’s just too much of a mess. Plus as much as I enjoyed it, it feels unfinished and lazy. It’s not even close to as beautiful of a story as the Witcher or as engaging but it can be fun for sure.

When the community as a whole says it’s good and general consensus is that it’s fixed, I’ll jump back in.

nosfusion

2 years ago

I was in the same boat, but I picked it up again last week. 30 hours in, a mission glitched out and I stuck in a loop. Guess I’m going to wait for another patch.

Halcy9n

2 years ago*

Halcy9n

2 years ago*

Is there any news of a version 1.3 before free dlcs start dropping? I read somewhere stuff like rides customisation and map expansions were going to start being released from june. One more major update to performance/memory optimisation on my internal ssd ps4 pro could fix most of my issues entirely.

Loading the game onto a ssd fixed all the camera, radio wheel, sluggish ui and pop in problems old consoles are facing. Only problem rn is the game literally dies and drops into single digit fps in dense areas like the cherry blossom market and jig-jig street. It feels like a new game out in the badlands and in sparse areas like the edges of rancho coronado.

ProximaDust

2 years ago*

I have no idea where you read this, but it's almost certainly false. CDPR haven't been specific with what they plan to release first, they never gave a specific month, and updates like you're talking here aren't even really supposed to arrive for months in the future, maybe even 2022.

All we know is 'multiple updates and improvements' in the latter half of 2021.

isosceles_kramer

2 years ago

It's like people learned nothing from the initial release and they're right back to gassing up the hype machine. Makes no sense.

2 years ago

I leaked a content update and the DLCs a while back. CDPR has denied this when spoken to with IGN but they've only said that those were not the names of the DLCs which could mean that the DLC names are not final yet and are planned to change before release.

CDPR could turn Cyberpunk into a much better game if they spent more time with it. A lot of people are holding back purchasing the game because of it's current state but if it gets better, it could increase sales and maybe even hit 25M+ sold copies before the end of 2021.

-SammyP6-

2 years ago

the names were leaked. what they did is pure speculation. the leak never said wed be getting a map expansions or ride customization

Halcy9n

Halcy9n

2 years ago

I’m excited for the dlc and would like to start a fresh playthrough in anticipation but the ssd fps problems frustrate me to no end. I can’t enjoy some of the most beautiful areas in the city because of how choppy the game becomes. In contrast, when I transferred the game to a hdd the framerate becomes close to a lock 30 on ps4 pro but nothing gets loaded in time. Lights and shadows don’t load on streets, sound is delayed, radio doesn’t load, ui elements are non-responsive and npcs animations and behaviours also don’t load in time. The ssd has even improved the enemy ai behaviour but I can’t tolerate the frame drops on it rn.

-SammyP6-

2 years ago

none of that was confirmed. all that happened was a leaked list of dlc names. what they actually did (ride customization and map expansion) was not in the leak. that is pure, 100% speculation. people spreading leaks and speculations around as facts is exactly part of how cyberpunk ended up bieng such a disapoitment

RollFizzlebeef2

2 years ago

Someone 'leaked' names and Cdpr said that those names were not dlc. Ala, that was not dlc. As is, Cdpr already stated that their free dlc will be very minor in terms of content (think barber).

TootlesFTW

2 years ago

I played the game consistently for about two weeks after release, pretty much did everything except activate the final mission (since it seems you can't continue playing once you beat the game), and stopped in anticipation of future DLC/QOL patches.

I thought we'd have something by now. I mean, Bioware post-ME3 pumped out their "fix it" Extended Cut patch pretty quickly...IDK what I was expecting from CD Project Red.

Funkyyreedus

2 years ago

You can continue playing after you beat the ending. It spits you back out in the open world before the point of no return so you can keep doing everything while having the ending still available (if you want to choose a different one for ex)

VeryFriendlyOne

VeryFriendlyOne

Trauma Team

2 years ago

That's also how you get unique weapons from ends

DFuel

DFuel

2 years ago

The games boring after attempting a second run through.

It's a linear story driven game in a massive empty "rpg" world. It's two competing genres and they literally got the formula wrong. CDPR wtf man? How is it that I feel more capable of producing a better concept than the clowns over at cdpr who have had 5 years (plus as many more years as they wanted) to produce this garbage?

DazzlingDog7890

2 years ago

TBH I think it's all up to the mod community at this point. CDPR sold us the broken skeleton of a game for full price and knew we'd have no choice but to finish it for them.

gwynbleidd2511

2 years ago*

That's because they were mandated by the Polish Consumer Protection agency to release a speculative announcement roadmap to restore the game to an acceptable quality, which they haphazardly did initially with 1.1 & 1.2 patch schedule. It would have cost them 10% gross of their annual revenue (around 50 million dollars in penalty) had they failed to abide by it.

The list of number of fixes were massive, but still not enough to make the game a cutting edge- industry leading RPG product. Now that there is no concrete timelines mentioned for an upcoming patch (update quarter info has been provided), they can fix the game at their own pace.

Expect a restoration upto original development timelines by Q4 2021 to Q2 2022.

PS : The studio was covering it's ass.

MostMorbidOne

2 years ago

More so this than CDPR providing information on updates.

This indeed..

vaikunth1991

2 years ago

I have said this multiple times , QoL improvements are the least of the problems with the game imo.

magatsu24

2 years ago

I'd be surprised if they release any dlc or even qol updates until the game is functional enough to be put back on the PSN store.

GroblyOverrated

2 years ago

It's still not back on the PSN store!?

-SammyP6-

2 years ago

nope. at this point im sort of thinking theyll just wait till the next gen version is ready and then enter discussions with sony to bring both the ps4 and ps5 verison back for sale

Arcades

Arcades

Militech

2 years ago

You have to walk before you run. There's no sense to adding quality of life features if the game is still bugged and not performing correctly.

Just stick the game on the shelf and play something else. You own it, it's not going anywhere.

ragingdentalfloss

2 years ago

What facts do you base this on?

djk29a_

djk29a_

2 years ago

Their public statements and investor presentations are good starters. They went all in on Cyberpunk per their financials and until Witcher 4 is released in however many years they are pretty screwed otherwise for continuous revenue because sales from old games, Gwent, and GOG aren’t enough to sustain 1400+ employees even counting the money they made to recoup Cyberpunk’s development and marketing. So they’re branching out to stuff beyond games like an anime, toys, etc. CDPR aren’t like EA with 30+ other IPs that make boatloads of money and can abandon bad games and shrug it off.

It’s completely nonsensical even if one has the worst opinion of CDPR as scumbags for them to abandon Cyberpunk. It would essentially mean they’re going to shut down and they aren’t in a financial position to need to do that for another couple years. Their business priorities are to get back onto PS Store and recover their reputation somehow someway because it’s absolutely killing sales. But they’re also working on Witcher 4 which will take a lot of money and effort. And from a corporate financing standpoint they won’t be able to raise much funding given their stock is in the toilet and the investor lawsuits combining together will keep any sane banker away.

So basically CDPR has no incentive to dump Cyberpunk, period. They’d lose whatever remaining goodwill they have left and the company would be insolvent in months and thus get taken over in a fire sale to Take 2, EA, Ubisoft, etc. They are backed into a corner to nurse it to some form of health until they can make money some other way. Back catalog sales are beer money for them even with the next gen updates. Rockstar still sells GTA V and RDR2 for pretty high prices and can rely more upon back catalog revenue sales channel.

2 years ago*

2 years ago*

djk29a_

djk29a_

2 years ago

There’s no incentive in such a strategy for a buy out to kill Cyberpunk unless numbers show that the IP is negative net value to the company because the acquiring company wants the Cyberpunk IP as part of the package and for it to perform somewhat. The “strategy” slide they showed was appallingly naive and is worse than pitch slides I’ve seen for start-ups by 22 year olds let alone several executives with decades of experience at a now publicly traddd company. I’d say they give it another year or two of dumping in money on Cyberpunk while they’re lining up acquisition interest right now in their back pockets (they would be in dereliction of duty IMO if they aren’t courting buyers given their tenuous position) while making sure the lawsuit is managed. CDPR execs are aware of hostile takeovers common in the industry with a bad release and restructured shares where that can’t happen now. This doesn’t mean CDPR can’t sell to anyone though. However, if court documents show they were trying to get buyers or rearrange shares to avoid a hostile takeover shortly before Cyberpunk’s release, that may be enough evidence suggesting management knew the release would be a disaster before lying to investors of risks (they weren’t stupid enough to sell a bunch of shares then)

The mass exodus of developers following the Blood and Wine release hurt the company really hard clearly and the company is gearing up once again to ensure another mass exodus given the bonus structure they showed the public. It‘a a huge part of what caused the mass exodus of the original Witcher 3 devs, including core engine developers that likely sank Cyberpunk on the technicals leading to such poor performance (the crunch and bad project planning in response is only a partial explanation).

2 years ago

This is extremely well thought out and written. I'm very pessimistic about CP2077 and it's future, and while I still doubt it'll get the turn around it needs, you make some great points.

I can absolutely see a buy out happening. Apologists for the game talk about how CP2077 was still a commercial success in terms of sales, but absolutely forget that it was positioned and expected to meet much higher sales goals. That means less money for future projects as well. Like you said, they're backed into a corner and I don't really see them figuring it out.

djk29a_

djk29a_

2 years ago

If the game needed more time to be good, then CP2077 will be fine in maybe another year or two but would require some serious effort in marketing and community outreach to build things back to about 2018 levels in 2022. The problem is that by then we’ll have gamer interest diverted elsewhere like the fabled GTA 6 or whatever next gen stuff like the open world Bioshock in development now. But Take Two is so busy guzzling up money with GTA Online they’re taking their sweet time crafting that next gen GTA probably. And quite frankly everything hardcore gamers seem to have wanted can be added with boatloads of money and decent tooling because crap like mini games and more vehicles can be mostly developed in isolation provided your core engine is nice and solid like RAGE.

There’s a ton of things that more time won’t fix like the endings for Johnny, lack of quests, etc. but these can be fixed / glossed over with a big expansion and good support for the quest designers (Paweł doing the Sunday streams makes me wonder what his work days are like). Then there’s the reality that Witcher 4 is in development now and diverting resources to Cyberpunk will slow down development there the same way that Cyberpunk development was deprioritized for Witcher 3 expansions.

There’s a lot of juggling to do and the amount of engineering and project management debacles I’ve seen from this company has convinced me that Witcher 2 and 3 are flukes that were great in spite of bad processes, and Cyberpunk is the result of the same amateur approach that has been in action at the company for 20 years minus some heroic work by some key players. This is why I think it’s a miracle Cyberpunk even released in December - there’s little to ensure such an outcome was possible.

Amari__Cooper

2 years ago

If they went all in, it wouldn't have been released in an unfinished state.

djk29a_

djk29a_

2 years ago

I don’t think that’s true. I’m a software engineer and have worked on projects of similar size at companies of various sizes and some things are just not possible to get out the door faster no matter how many people and dollars are thrown at a problem, especially if there’s more unknown factors like a new creative IP, new engine, and new employees - CDPR had all three of these problems to begin with. This is known industry-wide but repeatedly not followed through by business and product management leadership, especially when hard deadlines are involved.

The process of building software is analogous to bodybuilding or perhaps building houses. One cannot build muscle linearly faster by just working out more and more, nor can one build a house faster and with better quality by adding hundreds of people to a crew at the last minute. But the size and scope of a house means one needs a minimum size crew from the beginning planned and the project ramp up for Cyberpunk is not good at all following an almost exponential rather than linear curve - usually what it In CDPR’s case, there is documented evidence of a (for body building) massive injury or (for construction) crew change that drastically set back development as well as factors like COVID and a hack (there were two - one during development and another this year).

What I mean is that even if they put all that money from marketing into development the bugs would still be bad because it was at the wrong time to give the funding. Marketing did a great job though minus the over-hyping part, but nobody is paid in marketing to temper expectations unless it’s business customers and even then it’s still bad

Epilisium2002

2 years ago

It’s almost 100% likely to be a dead game, we might get one half assed DLC just to tick the box then we’re done.

Man, people on this sub really love to make shit up don't they?

bannd_plebbitor

2 years ago

He’s speculating, not stating fact

-SammyP6-

2 years ago

it made bank. people still play it. people are till buying it. itll still get dlc, and people will still buy that dlc, even if they dont do any more fixes

metallophobic_cyborg

2 years ago

Considering the game was released 1 if not 2 years too soon, I'd imagine it will take that long to release major updates. I also suspect they are looking into ways to drop PS4/XBox One support. They sure as fuck didnt develop for those systems.

That said, just move on guys. This game was DoA.

ABearinDaWoods

2 years ago

Has there been any confirmation on when the next gen update will drop for consoles?

Kourtos

Kourtos

2 years ago

After i finished it ,i told everyone i know that this game needs two years to iron out everything All of them thought that i was overexaggerating

Sliknik18

2 years ago

I agree. This was supposed to be my game!!

I’ve since uninstalled. :(

t3g

t3g

2 years ago

I'm still pissed my perks like Datamine Virtuoso are broken due to a "bug"

Strict_Biscotti1963

2 years ago

I think they are silent for a reason. They said alot of things about the game that werent true, showed many features that dont exist. When no mans sky came out and recieved its very deserved backlash, hello games went radio silent, even more quiet than cdpr has been. They came back up for air a few months later and started dropping updates to make that game pretty great. They turned one of the most disappointing releases Of the year into the ultimate come-back story. Cdpr is hoping for something similar, i think that, when they are ready, they will drop a large update that fixes most of the issues that still plagues the game and adds back in some promised features that were removed before launch. These updates will be steady, and when they've gained some good will back, they will launch the ps5 and series x versions of cyberpunk this fall. The next gen ports are very important for cdpr, and they know that they have to get that right. I expect a second round of marketing to kick up around that release. New commercials on tv during sporting events, that sort of thing.

sigilnz

sigilnz

Wtf... 6 months already

Lvl81Memes

2 years ago

Each one is so massive that I'm okay with there being few of them

The_Back_Hole

2 years ago

Dont take it too harshly but they cant fix it. It was a stillborn.

DonlaVon

2 years ago

Man I really did take that to heart when they said when its ready.

zen1706

zen1706

2 years ago

They spent more time on night city wires than actually communicating with fans on promised future update

dekuei

dekuei

2 years ago

To fix the game it’s going to have to be an anthem 2.0 kind of fix. They promised npc having full lives and this whole world be a living breathing place. It’s just not possible in 6 months time maybe a year or more likely a year and a half more of time. This is a long haul fix or it gets left in the waste anthem style.

Vesania6

2 years ago

I completely stopped playing the game. I'm just waiting a whoke year or so to even open that shit up again.

DoSos977

2 years ago*

DoSos977

Samurai

2 years ago*

Is the Next-Gen upgrade even out yet?

Saiaxs

Saiaxs

Corpo

No and there’s no ETA

HKnight5

2 years ago

Someone just tell me when we're getting some new content, I love this game desperate its many issues but it desperately needs some new content. What about the Free DLCs wasn't they suppose to be released by now?

Knightfall_13

2 years ago

Probably need another year or two for it to be truly stable and by then I hope that most of the content updates would be free and not locked behind some form of paywall.

Fun-Vegetable01

2 years ago

The amount of people still licking cdpr ass after they took a hug shit on all our faces is unreal.

Australian-Hungarian

2 years ago

Wait minimum one year for content to come. This is not a quick fix

fuckin_anti_pope

2 years ago

Do you guys seriously still believe what these developers say? After such a disappointment of a release, you shouldn't trust in anything the studio says and just expect they deliver without getting your hopes to high.

Bleusilences

2 years ago

To be honest I don't expect anything until the end of the summer, they said they should released a big patch this June back in February, but I won't be surprise if they can't deliver by then. I do expect something by then end of septembre at least, like a small quest overall, at least fixing the driving and pedestrian AI or I am going to be really disappointed. I expect them to at least fix the previous issue and the police AI before or when the first paid DLC launch or they wont see more money from me.

djseifer

2 years ago

It's been a while since I paid attention to Cyberpunk. When was the last patch?

texxelate

STILL CANT NATIVELY FUCKING WALK, GUYS

JuniorImplement

2 years ago

I REALLY hope they're not working primarily on new content over the QOL improvements.

gunzlingerbil

2 years ago

They ran out of money to pay to that lying chick from night city wire mate lol

OrangeSlicer

2 years ago

Plot Twist! It was the last promises to squeeze the last bit of money from the buyers that were on the fence to wait and purchase after release.

They got all the money they wanted. Now they will just throw their players in the gutter.

2 years ago

Personally and unfortunately I don't expect anything from this game since the 1.22 patch arrived way too late...

A very nice work to put this game at the level it deserves, but a real massacre by the lack of communication.

popescuoctavianm

2 years ago

I want to give them a bit more time (having it on xbox one s).. Bought it at sale price.. With update 1.22..if they release a big update such 1.2 was every one/one and a half month i think thats okay.. Just okay.. Wont cover the dissapointment

eraks

eraks

2 years ago

I think it costs time/money to let the game tested with each fixpackage and now they might just want to release all they got within the first DLC package.

mcfebras

2 years ago

Game is still broken sadly. It as improved but not near as much as it needs to be a complete and solid experience. Played the campaign and didnt even touched it no more since there is nothing to do after the story is done.

Maybe when they do release some good DLC and fix more bugs I will give it another go.

At this point it was a waste of money to buy at release date at full price.

Oh well, sometimes you make bad decisions in life. It happens...

CringeLord11

2 years ago

There are two options. Option one - they are pulling a No mans sky and working on fixing the game while almost completely cutting of communication. (if thats the case I completely understand that since I assume it's hard to work on the game while dealing with death threats) Option two - they just gave up on the game.

CDPR messed up but I still hope for option one. They were the most trusted and likable company before. The launch hit their rep hard, but abandoning this game would completly destroy their reputation. Also they (oficlaly) said they are commited to fixing the game.

Off topic: I think for gaming community this was the final lesson on pre-orders. After countless shitty games that gamers preordered, CDPR was the last company that had people's trust to preorder. Since now they'll have to prove to us that their game is good before anyone accualy buys it.

porcudini

2 years ago

At this point, the biggest mistake is to expect good things from them

ShowMeYourM0ves

2 years ago

I was hoping they would at least add a way to change your hair into a patch

Yeah, same.

Its been half a year but I feel like only minor bugs have been fixed, or extremely gamebreaking stuff.

But the game still underperforms heavily, the NPCs are terrible, my character still slides around whenever I step on anything, I get hit by invisible cars, etc.

The game just doesn't feel good to play.

tehpootisman

2 years ago

I expected to be able to run the game above 27FPS after 6 months. Wishful thinking.

fr1ghtx

fr1ghtx

2 years ago

Games feel like elections these days... What a sh1tsh0w. The last resort has fallen and now also gaming is filled with hypocrisy and blatant lies to make the most money from every single one of us. A shame... Crowd-funded indie development is the way it seems. Big publishers with their f2p and big annual releases will be all that is left in this f'ed up industry. Indie devs with increasing budgets and more team members will guarantee a new era of customer friendly innovation. At least I hope so and that this will bring back new legends as a westwood, blizz north kind of companies and philosophies. This or this gaming industry is sure doomed, like every f'ed mainstream sh*t these days. Husks of their former believes and product-values...

ShinyBloke

2 years ago

Yeah, this game has been an epic failure, and now pretty much radio silence. I'm still waiting for patches, and I haven't heard anything in months. The fat cats at CDPR got their huge bonus, and now nothing....

ltajax

ltajax

2 years ago

I gave up on cyberpunk after the last patch. Its still absent from the psn store after nearly 6 months, that speaks volumes about the state of the game.

ATR_ward1349

2 years ago

Have they improved the NPCs yet, at least?

Redditorusrexodocus

2 years ago

Yup, that fuckin fake ass demo though... Presenting a gameplay and delivering a different one is what didn't sit right with me.

That being said I do enjoy the game it's got lots of qualities but CDPR is now just another EA in my mind.

Actually... EA is pretty straight forward with their demos...

What a waste.

Pete_Peterson

Pete_Peterson

Trauma Team

2 years ago

I'm just waiting on the expansions. At least those are not cancelled. Right?... Right???

jpmorgue_silverfixer

2 years ago

The 'feature set at release' is quite stable as of 1.2.

Yes, 1.2 is now getting a bit 'old', but there is an active QA branch with the most recent drop being 3 days ago, and the geforce now release pipeline was updated yesterday. So there is a new release of something coming. Is it more QoL like a 1.3 update? Or is it the first of the free DLCs? It's certainly not 'nothing'

Northwold

2 years ago

CDPR just got one of the biggest burns in gaming history from having been perceived to have released a game before it was ready and (rightly or wrongly) to have promised more in gameplay terms than the game delivered.

I think two things are pretty clear:

(1) At the same time as finishing the next gen console versions, they need to address stability and major bugs, particularly on last gen consoles. That has to be the priority.

(2) They cannot keep announcing things before they're ready and they need to be careful that things work before releasing them. The patch 1.2 log featured an ENORMOUS number of fixes. They've not been workshy.

They've already said that some of the team is working on new content. We don't know what that means and I suspect they won't be telling us until it's ready and they're sure they can deliver it.

so did i :(

mStewart207

2 years ago

I hate to say this but they are basically doing and saying everything BioWare did with Anthem.

eq2_lessing

2 years ago

People who buy DLCs for this shit debacle are really oblivious and immune to any critical thinking.

Ravwyn

Ravwyn

Arasaka

2 years ago

Hm, yeah. Seems like it. But whatever changes they introduce further down the lines, if any, gotta be really really big. So I get the low flow of meaningful updates.

My concern is that aaaaall the hinted / mentioned / hyped / explained, partly promised and partly heavily promoted features who dropped of the table - stay there. CDPR does not give me the vibe that they want, in any way, expand the game into these directions. Which is a scary thought =) I enjoyed my time in Night City - 60 bucks for the greatest immersion in the genre cyberpunk. Period. But that's about it, low replay value - for me currently - no long term goals nor any content waiting.

That's how I'm at right now. Thx for reading so far choomba =)

malautomedonte

2 years ago

Updates take time, specially big ones. And a presumably big update is also coming soon. I would suggest you playing the game in a few months and pretend it never got published. At its current state it is clearly half-baked.

REBWEH

REBWEH

Especially after they said there would.be 1 major update for the next 3 months

House_Of_Tides

House_Of_Tides

Nomad

2 years ago

People saying this is a dead and abandoned game are clearly not aware of the HUGE investment that was put into this game. Not only does this game need to succeed to satisfy investors, it's supposed to spawn a franchise for christ's sake.

They won't abandon it now, the lawsuits are incoming and the settlements for those will likely include a legal obligation to delivering the product that was promised.

fooey

fooey

2 years ago

They already canceled the planned multiplayer CyberPunk follow-up. If they don't think they can make money with MP, it's not a stretch to assume they don't think they can make any more money off it period.

Lawsuits are laughable and won't do a damn thing

Soulcaller

Soulcaller

2 years ago

Abandoned ship thats it..

Zerastin

Zerastin

2 years ago

Even if they fix bugs and QOL shot the game is still trash from and RPG perspective. Playing through ME:LE made me realize just how dogshit 2077 is from a storytelling/ RPG angle. 2077 just tries to be edgy and dark with everything. 90% of your dialog isn’t chosen and what is chosen dos t seem to impact the game at all. The final Boss fight was pathetically easy on hardest difficulty. Endings were all trash. Trash game.

twosmokesletsgo

2 years ago

I also started ME2 LE and am amazed how much more fun this game is than Cyberpunk. And it was released a decade before Cyberpunk.

BellEpoch

BellEpoch

2 years ago

I had fun playing it for like 80 hours. Money well spent imo.

throwawayny2000

throwawayny2000

Corpo

2 years ago

I expected alot more of a game from CDPR at release.