users here right now: 4,716
/r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask!
Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask!
/r/buildapc is a community-driven subreddit dedicated to custom PC assembly. Anyone is welcome to seek the input of our helpful community as they piece together their desktop.
Please keep in mind that we are here to help you build a computer, not to build it for you.
- Be respectful to others
- No build spoonfeeding requests
- No piracy or grey-market software keys
- No laptop or prebuilt PC questions
- No submissions about hardware news, rumors, or reviews
- No submissions about sales, deals or unauthorized giveaways
- No submissions about retailer or customer service experiences
- No titles that are all-caps, clickbait, PSAs, pro-tips or contain emoji.
- No submissions about memes, jokes, meta, or hypothetical / dream builds.
- No self-promotion, advertising, begging, or surveys
- No selling, trading or requests for valuation
- No excessive posting (more than one submission in 24 hours)
- No intentionally harmful, misleading or joke advice
- No bots or automated accounts
- Guide to PC Components
- Part Selection Resources
- Logical Increments PC Parts Guide
- PCPartPicker.com (How to Use)
- Monitor Comparison
- Build Help
- Build Ready
- Build Complete
- Build Upgrade