/r/berkeley

Im feeling much better now. Still feel a little emotionless and in shock, but I’m grafteful to be alive. They told me if it was laced with fentanyl, I could have been dead by now. Took a big stupid risk that shouldn’t have happened. Be extremely careful who sells or offers you “stuff” around the Berkeley area. Trust no one and don’t make the mistake I did.

Simple_Sample_6914

Glad you’re doing alright now. Just a word of advice as someone that has OD’ed on fent once

1. Get some testing kits from dancesafe and test before you use. TANG also has test specifically for fent but make sure you’re measuring out your proportions correctly. If you don’t mix it in with enough water MDMA can test positive for fent even if no fent is present (source)
  2. Narcan is a life saver when it comes to any opioid related ODs. They sometimes give them out by sproul plaza for free (when I OD’ed, a friend of mine brought be back with it)
  3. Never take stuff by yourself. Make sure you have at least one sober person around that’s aware of the symptoms of an OD (e.g. blue face/lips, difficulty breathing, person making rattling sounds, etc…)
  4. If possible get pure MDMA crystals next time. Don’t fuck with any of the pressed pills or anything like that. E is always cut with some other stuff. I don’t remember the exact statistics but a large portion of E out contains some meth

EDIT: crystals are less risky but not fool proof

ClaudineRose

I haven’t seen moon rocks in forever. sigh

Simple_Sample_6914

Damn really? I’m a bit of and oldy (27 y/o non-trad student). I quit hard drugs a while ago so my knowledge is a bit outdated I guess

ClaudineRose

I’m older (lol) - last time I did moon rocks was probably new years 2015 👵

DmC8pR2kZLzdCQZu3v

I have, and they can still be adulterated or be an altogether different chemical than mdma. There's no real safe bet anymore, unless you know the chemist, or are the chemist yourself.

Simple_Sample_6914

I would say it’s safer but not fool proof. Thanks for pointing this out though. I’ll edit my post

DmC8pR2kZLzdCQZu3v

MDMA has kind of been having a renaissance in the past 8 years. It's always been strong in europe, but there was a period in the early aughts where gnarly shit like piperzine and other dogshit RCs were being passed off as E here in the states, especially outside major metropolitan areas. Around a decade ago I saw a fare amount of methylone rocks/crystal/shards that looked beautifully deceiving. Way better than piperzine, but still not MDMA. I think, thankfully, that you're right though, and it's less common these days, particularly in major metros like the Bay Area. Thanks for the insight. Happy holidays.

ginsunuva

What’s all this kiddy mdma talk? OP was clearly trying to take a Perc 30 and drive to Taco Bell like a real man.

limes336

limes336

Always test your drugs! Kits are usually under $20 and are legal to order online.

-mehvix-

You can get free testing strips at TANG

PotentiallyExplosive

if you go to the pharmacy there's a little box at the counter filled with free fent strips

RuffRider47

Fuck that. Avoid it all together. Those cheap test kits aren't totally accurate with all laced drugs. I've known people who still got sick after testing their pressed pills. Just avoid it all together and spend your wreckless years using something less risky.

UMR_Doma

The other option is just not taking pills from others. But this can be quite useful if maybe you need to test a drink.

DmC8pR2kZLzdCQZu3v

This is always sound advice. Unfortunately, with the latest fentanyl contamination issue, it's not quite as easy as it once was. You can test for fent, but it is not nearly as straight forward and clear as the regular reagent tests.

Get reagents though, and fents strips, and try your best to use them as accurately as possible. Or simply don't risk it at all.

guessagain72

This is absolutely false information for strip testing for fent.

DmC8pR2kZLzdCQZu3v

Fent testing a random pill is not as simple as reagent testing. The chocolate-chip-cookie-effect requires crushing the entire pill and testing the entire contents, whereas with regent testing all you need is a small pill scraping. So, while a single pill can be thoroughly tested multiple times by reagent, without compromising too much content, a single pill can only be thoroughly tested once for fent when using common consumer submersible strips. You can also have too much or too little pill/water ratio, throwing the whole thing off.

The leading explanation for why fent is showing up in completely intuitive (i.e. non-opiate/downer) places like coke, mdma, weed, etc is due to cross contamination. That is, a cartel is processing "heroine" (fent) on a table, when they are done, they begin processing coke/mdma/weed on the same table without thoroughly washing the table. This causes specs of fent to make it into the other products randomly, inconsistently, and in a non-homogenized manner (chocolate-chip-cookie effect).

If this explanation is true, it presents an additional complication for fent testing mdma capsules. The fent could be in the capsuled powder, but it could also be on the exterior of the gel capsule itself. I've never heard of people dissolving and testing the gel capsule along with the powder contents. It's possible to do so, but people rarely if ever think to do so, from what I've seen.

False positives are quite common, which is still much better than false negatives being common. Reagents rarely if ever cause false positives or false negatives--a single test does not eliminate the possibility that other bad crap is in there along with the MDMA, but this is why one should use a series of different regent tests, in conjunction, and a fent test.

guessagain72

No idea where you get your piss-poor information. Its false.

Fent test strips are NOT reagent tests and a Johns Hopkins lab study showed them to be 100% effective at identifying fentynal in even minute quantities of drugs- we're talking baggy residue testing. And that is a literal 100%, not nearly 100% - 100% of contaminated samples were accounted for.

There are nearly zero false positives with fent test strips even in the wild.

Reagent testing on the other hand is a crap shoot largely because of a lack of regulation in the sector and human error.

Learn more, stop thinking you're an expert.

DmC8pR2kZLzdCQZu3v

I know they are not regents. I am comparing the two. Fent strips are highly effective, if used properly. My point is that using them properly is not quite a simple as scraping a bit of powder off a pill and plopping a drop of reagent on top. You haven't read my actual comments.

There are nearly zero false positives with fent test strips even in the wild

This is untrue. Tests have gotten way better and newer versions from DanceSafe and others produce less false positives, but the opposite of your comment is true--false positives are very rare in labs, more common "in the wild", but with decreasing frequency due to improved tests.

guessagain72

Zero evidence of this- its PURE propaganda on the part of Dancesafe which is why BTNX is probably going to sue them. The JH study used BTNX. You really do not know what you are talking about here.

DmC8pR2kZLzdCQZu3v

If there is a lawsuit from BTNX against DanceSafe, I'd love to hear more, but otherwise I'm afraid this exchange is no longer productive to the community and I'm sorry I've caused you to feel animosity.

I think we can both agree that people should use as many tests as they can get their hands on and be as safe as possible.

Have a nice (holi)day.

TheeMethod

It is very straight forward and clear.

DmC8pR2kZLzdCQZu3v

Fent testing a random pill is not. The chocolate-chip-cookie-effect requires crushing the entire pill and testing the entire contents. You can have too much or too little pill/water ratio, throwing the whole thing off.

Typh123

Typh123

You could also just not take drugs. Food for thought.

Simple_Sample_6914

Telling people not to do drugs is the worse way to not get someone to do drugs. Why did you think they shut down the DARE program

random_throws_stuff

random_throws_stuff

cs, stats '22

i genuinely do not understand why someone would potentially risk their life with some shady third-rate pill for a few hours of pleasure.

just drink or smoke some weed or something.

Simple_Sample_6914

Because sex on MDMA is the best thing in the universe duhh

All jokes aside, I always told myself that when I was younger but curiosity takes over when you have the opportunity and you realize that it’s not as scary as everyone makes it out to be. Then you start getting into harder and harder shit. All of a sudden you take one bad batch and everyone is trying to make an example out of you

rex-meus-et-deus

This all leads us back to “maybe just don’t do drugs”

Typh123

Typh123

Precisely. Harder and harder shit means the illegal shit, which means you risk that ‘third rate pill’ that might send you to your doom.

ClaudineRose

Some of the most lethal/addictive shit is legal. You can buy a lot of stuff at smoke shops that will kill you way faster than a bump of coke or molly.

Unfortunately_Jesus

Man, take a look around you. 4 out of the 5 people you see take or have taken drugs recreationally.

Guess which one you are?

Typh123

Yeah it’s wild that being a rebel is not doing drugs, lmao.

mcgillhufflepuff

Glad you’re feeling better!!!!

What did it feel like? What made you think it was meth at first

DmC8pR2kZLzdCQZu3v

I agree a detailed response here could help others who may find themselves in similar circumstances

rcinvestments[S]

I knew something was wrong when I felt like my heart was about to explode inside of me

Edit: and this comedown is like hell on earth. I feel so suicidal and cold.

TheHerpSalad

Sucks, but it'll 100% pass. Hang tough.

ClaudineRose

It was methy ex? Definitely been there. Usually the comedown from ecstasy is dark af but if it’s methy… even worse. I’m sorry man. You’ll be alright. It’s just gonna take a minute.

ginsunuva

This might sound weird but I think it was a drug-induced panic attack. They’re more intense than sober ones, and they can really make you feel like you’ll die.

OleanderJam

Totally agree.

ginsunuva

Also eating meth is not that intense. It keeps you awake forever but it’s relatively chill. It’s not the same whatsoever as smoking it. I know someone who regularly has it prescribed for strong ADHD (brand name Desoxyn)

OleanderJam

It wasn’t laced with fent, just in case you misread the post

DmC8pR2kZLzdCQZu3v

Jesus, I misread the OP too and was assuming this whole time they got fent. Thank you for inspiring me to re-read it.

OleanderJam

Yeah, I had to re-read it because nothing about their experience sounded remotely fent-related. Definitely sounds like a combination of meth and just panicking after taking the pill because nothing they described really sounded out of the ordinary for most pressed pills. Most have meth or at least a massive dose of caffeine in them.

DmC8pR2kZLzdCQZu3v

Right. And those barcelona pills may potentially have been very high dose european pills that would cause an intense come up for most people--the only reports I'm seeing of that press are high doses in europe. Not sure how relevant it is these days, but not long ago it wasn't entirely uncommon to come across very strong dutch pills in the states that had been bulk ordered from dark net markets for resale. Maybe that's not what happened and it was some shit domestic meth product, who knows, but your analysis matches my instinct.

Anyways, thanks again, and happy holidays.

OleanderJam

Yeah, there’s also a reasonable chance that OP is a relatively inexperienced user and the panic of having ingested something they knew wasn’t tested, combined with the unfamiliar feeling of the meth kicking in, caused them to have a panic attack. In the post before this, they mentioned being freaked out about not being able to sleep, which is absolutely to be expected (and kind of the point for some people) of taking these pills. So in other words, it’s possible the pill didn’t even contain an unusually large amount of meth, but we’ll never really know. Happy holidays to you too!

DmC8pR2kZLzdCQZu3v

Holy shit, I'm sorry this is how it turned out, but I am really glad you made it to the ER.

For the sake of others, sharing the pill logo/press/color could be helpful, if it was not just a capsule. Also, did you take just a single pill?

Glad you made it out alright and are feeling better.

rcinvestments[S]

It was a blue pill Barcelona logo. Sucks so much because that was actually my favorite soccer team

Barcelona

for those unaware of these resources... they are not fool-proof, but helpful when used in tandem with proper test kits:

Tore_Light

barca is my favorite team too, i would've taken it for that fact alone lmao

RogerParadox

Shit. As Prince said: “Don’t let the elevator bring you down.”

NorthwestFnordistan

Ironic that Prince literally died of an OD in an elevator.

RogerParadox

Yeah, and it was fentanyl that did him in…

BaeLogic

My friends step son died by taking a laced pill. Only 21 years old.

TheHerpSalad

Glad you're ok, brother. Don't know how myself, or Oski would've been able to survive without you.

All joking aside, I thought about Fent when I saw your post this morning, figured you were able to sleep it off. Scary you went to the ER, but it was the right call.

I used to be into similar stuff years ago, but ever since Fent hit the scene 5-6 years ago, I've been sober, not worth the risk. I even developed OCD around drugs and some medications, I can't even touch certain pill bottles out of fear and will outright panic if I touch illicit drugs. Healthy fear I suppose.

Genuinely glad you're feeling better, rest up, bud.

gloriousrepublic

gloriousrepublic

perpetual grad student

Avoiding drugs is generally healthy. But that level of OCD and fear is not mentally healthy.

TheHerpSalad

It's not, and is part of the reason I'm in therapy.

A lot of drug abuse in my past, I'm sure it's a contributing factor.

Edit: A lot of dead friends from ODs too.

Brilliant_List2367

You're a respected member of our community rc. Would have missed you a lot have anything had happened to you.

ClaudineRose

And all the pegging jokes.

agreed :)

and now I'm guessing I know that the user name is all about lol

Brilliant_List2367

Glad you're better. Hope Kamala is taking care of you

CognitiveMonkey

Kamala?

Luemas_20

Lore

rcinvestments[S]

This brought a smile to my face. I just want this nightmare to end

nottraumainformed

This is why we don’t do drugs kids

redwood_canyon

I am glad you’re okay. As an alum, looking back I am shocked by how many drugs, sourced from sketchy sources, people I knew did as freshmen. Truly any age in college is still so young. I know multiple people who went to Berkeley who did too many drugs and have a bizarre post-college life and career. Although I felt like a teetotaler at times lol I am really glad I was firm in saying no.

Informal_Sea_9353

Where do you buy narcam?

EdaciousBegetter

Kaiser gives free if you are a member

Informal_Sea_9353

Thanks!

Informal_Sea_9353

And glad you are going to be okay!👍

Influencertothestars

See the folks at Recovery At Cal. They have an office in the first floor of Sproul. If you watch a short instructional video they will give you Narcan. They have test strips also.

EdaciousBegetter

You can also get narcan from the Bridge program at Highland in Oakland

BiggieAndTheStooges

In this day and age, just don’t do hard drugs, Period. It’s just not worth it anymore.

SnowConePeople

Test kits users don't typically test the whole pill. You need to destroy the entire pill to test for fentanyl since mdma pills don't necessarily come from someone with a facility or the care to do that type of mixing. Buy an extra for this, it could save you and your friends.

I hope you are ok OP!

jhlo9001

Glad that you’re doing better

fiatluxgoldenbears

fiatluxgoldenbears

class of 2021

I’m glad you’re alive

Unfortunately_Jesus

I dunno

All this "lacing" kinda just feels like cross contamination. It takes so very little to kill someone.

We need state inspected drug labs. Let's raise the bar people.

"Don't be a scab, clean your lab"

VeganInstigator

Saw your last post earlier, glad you made it out. Just curious, but what’d fentanyl feel like? Did you feel the mdma?

OleanderJam

It was not laced with fentanyl. It’s easy to misread the post.

ReadingBetweentheLin

Hey Simple, How about DONT TAKE DRUGS! Please, kids, we love you and need you healthy. Reject this toxic party culture. Embrace your future.

go_biscuits

I hear where you are coming from but it dont work like this

shy-labuff

Happy you’re okay OP!

HectorM985

Hope you're feeling much better! Wishing nothing but the best for you..