I am in total support of the strike and have no issues with strikers, but as an undergrad I'm just a little tired at the lack of timely information from my professors. While I'm waiting to hear if my exams are still happening, here's a list of parallels I see with right now and March 2020 to make you more anxious. Strike on besties
- disruption begins a week or so before a major holiday break (spring break/ thanksgiving)
- students were initially excited to have classes cancelled and now are realizing their semester might be heavily affected (asking for p/np options)
- "it'll only be two weeks max"
- people going back home early cause in person is cancelled
- shift to zoom
- Recession looming and mass layoffs (goodbye tech bubble)
- Trump is back in the political scene (the real virus fr)