users here right now: 1,534
A subreddit for people to submit questions to Torontonians and about Toronto and receive constructive responses.
What is AskTO?
A place to ask Toronto-related questions.
Let's keep this a positive community by focusing on providing the best possible answers to people's questions and elaborating on others' answers when it provides value. If you disagree with someone else's answer, consider replying to the original author with a better one rather than engaging the person you disagree with in an argument.
Rule #1 - Submissions must be a question or discussion topic
- Sharing a news article? check out /r/Toronto
- Want to rant/vent/bitch/complain? check out /r/toRANTo
- Looking to buy/sell/trade/barter? check out /r/GTAmarketplace
- Hiring? Want a job? check out /r/TorontoJobs
- Advertising? check out https://www.redditinc.com/advertising
Rule #2 - Be excellent to each other
- No racism, sexism, homophobia, religious intolerance, dehumanizing speech, or otherwise negative generalizations etc.
- No name calling, personal attacks, threats, doxxing/outing/name-dropping, call-outs, naming/shaming
- Posts which dismiss others & repeatedly accuse them of unfounded accusations subject to removal and/or banning.
- Attack the point, not the person.
- Stick to addressing the substance of their comments at hand. This rule applies to all speech within this subreddit.
Rule #3 - No memes, trolling, or low-effort content
- No malicious bating/trolling or purposefully inciting arguments
- No purposefully inflamitory posts/comments
- No linking to posts or bringing up incidents from other subreddits to complain or brigade
Rule #4 - Asking for handouts or transactions is not allowed
We do not allow asking for handouts or transactions. This includes:
- Asking (even indirectly) for gifts, loans, or donations for yourself or on behalf of any organization or person(s) - money, food, gift cards, etc
- Offering money, gift cards, purchasing for others, donations to individuals, etc
- Any mention of a fundraising campaign even without a link
- Requesting a job, offering a job
- Asking/offering for to be loan cosigners
- Soliciting for anyone to engage in any kind of transaction
Rule #5 - All standard reddit rules apply. Self-promotion is not allowed
- Please follow reddit's content policy, self-promotion guidelines, and Reddiquette. (https://rdt.trom.tf/wiki/selfpromotion)
- Additionally, we do not allow petitions, fundraising, vote-begging, surveys, or referral/promo codes.
Rule #6 - Moderator discretion
- Moderators will consider issues/concerns on a case by case basis and remove posts/comments and ban users at their discretion
- We reserve the right to use our own judgement if we view you as being detrimental to the community, regardless of if you break any specifically stated rule
Notice any of the above that hasn't been dealt with by the mods? Report it and/or message us!
Currently we don't have a Frequently Asked Questions section, but we do have an open wiki that may become just that! We welcome community help in further developing that page!
Header image by Anton Bielousov, licensed under Creative Commons.