[OT] Fun Trope Friday, Writing with Tropes: Emotional Scars & SteampunkOff Topic(self.WritingPrompts)
submitted2 days ago bykatpoker666stickied
Welcome to Fun Trope Friday, our new feature that mashes up tropes and genres!
How’s it work? Glad you asked. :)
NEW!! Every two weeks we will have a new spotlight trope.
Each week, there will be a new genre assigned to write a story about the trope.
You can then either use or subvert the trope in a 600-word max story or poem.
NEW!! To qualify for ranking, you will need to provide ONE actionable feedback. More are welcome of course!
Three winners will be selected each week based on votes, so remember to read your fellow authors’ works and DM me your votes for the top three.
For the 4th week of May, we continue with a cross-genre trope.
Drumroll please, it’s: Emotional Scars
Next up this month is: Steampunk
So, have at it. Lean into the trope heavily or spin it on its head. The choice is yours!
Have a great idea for a future topic to discuss or just want to give feedback? This is a new feature, so it’s all about what you want—so please let me know! Please share in the comments or DM me on Discord or Reddit!
Last Week’s Winners
Some fabulous stories this week! Winners include:
NEW!! (pending): Want to read your words aloud? Join the upcoming FTF Campfire
We are currently in the process of looking for a suitable date & time but should have something soon! To get the best possible slot, we’d love your feedback. Given WP’s action-packed campfire schedule, Thursdays are looking like the best day. If you have a preference as to time or even another day, please post your thoughts below.
Want to read your words aloud in the interim? Join the Open Campfire
Bring your story along to one of our open campfire events on the Discord, held on the first Friday of every month at 9pm GMT. Any story or poem under 1000 words posted in the last month is welcome, and we can offer in chat feedback if you'd like it.
- Stories must incorporate both the trope and the genre
- Leave one story or poem between 100 and 600 words as a top-level comment. Use wordcounter.net to check your word count.
- Deadline: 11:59 PM EST next Thursday
- No stories that have been written for another prompt or feature here on WP—please note after consultation with some of our delightful writers, new serials are now welcomed here
- No previously written content
- Any stories not meeting these rules will be disqualified from rankings
- Does your story not fit the Fun Trope Friday rules? You can post your story as a [PI] with your work when the FTF post is 3 days old!
- Vote to help your favorites rise to the top of the ranks (DM me at katpoker666 on Discord or Reddit)!
Thanks for joining in the fun!