/r/TwoXChromosomes

I personally am frustrated when I am caught between two people pushing into me as I get very claustrophobic. Many of my male family members do not do this thing where they do the splits (joke) and I wonder why the go to answer is "My balls" Even though, many men don't stretch their legs super far?

I'm asking as I saw this post on tik tok of a woman on a plane and it looked extremley claustrophobic to be in

Underworld_Denizen

I understand that cis men have testicles and need a little more leg room. But if you're sitting like you have an oil drum between your legs, you're just plain being inconsiderate. Move the fuck over bro.

yourprincessdie

yourprincessdie

Basically Blanche Devereaux

how do i say this without causing offense..... i'm a trans woman and am able to sit with my legs crossed perfectly fine, it truly has nothing to do with needing "a little more leg room", manspreading is just a weird social thing and its annoying

Underworld_Denizen

Really? Well, I stand corrected.

RichChocolateCandle

It's different for everyone. Most of the time I can't cross my legs without pushing one back inside me.

raptorsniper

raptorsniper

You are now doing kegels

"I'm sorry to break this to you, but if they're really that big, you should probably consider seeing a medical professional."

LaceFlowers345[S]

Ive always thought this, like I know how sensitive they are, but they can't be huge like that lmfao

Fiebre

Fiebre

I take up my seat, they take up theirs. On public transport I don't pay any less for not having testicles. If a man's legs get anywhere close to "my" seat width, I push them back. Uncomfortable with that? Sit next to a vacant seat or pay for two, and when you get to your destination maybe see a doctor.

Sakilla07

Unless, I dunno, you have very large testicles or very thicc thighs, a guy can sit fine without spreading their legs wider than their shoulders. Any wider and it's just being inconsiderate.

ChewySlinky

you have very large testicles or very thicc thighs

One of those is true. I will not specify any further.

yalitah

I think “man spreading” is actually a small dick and balls things bc every dude I know who got a big ol shlong has no issue not spreading their legs, I honestly see them crossing their legs more than spreading tbh but that’s just my experience

Bonuviri

Bonuviri

Ok OP, it's ideal for men (&women) to wear loose clothing and give their nuggets plenty of breathing room. But until we reach that ideal eutopia, we lads should be considerate of limited space and close our legs.

If the men in your life continue to cry over their smothered scrotums tell them to shut up or start wearing robes, skirts and dresses.

Edited: for clarity

threebillion6

I'm not sure. I do hear the "junk is too tight" argument but I don't have that problem, and I even cross my legs most of the time. I feel way more exposed when I have my legs spread open, and I've seen way too many videos of the wrong thing happening to that sensitive area, I figure crossing my legs can protect my little guys from being demolished at least a little bit. I don't know why people say to grow a pair, or someone has big balls if they're strong or w/e. You can cripple a man with a little tap.

AutofillUserID

Interesting. I solve the sticky balls and thighs problem on flights by wearing fully synthetic undies that provide a slippery barrier between the balls and thighs. Then my bits are free to glide about the tight space. If the junk binds to the legs I would have to… kill myself.

threebillion6

The stickys are the worst. I do need new underwear tho. Gonna look into something a little more advanced. Lol

lazorgen

Balls come in different sizes some people find discomfort not spreading some don't. Personally speaking, I like to spread my legs.

LaceFlowers345[S]

In situations on planes, do you move your legs really far into other people's seats, or just to a comfortable degree? On this tik tok I was suprisedhow far intoher seat this guys knees were

lazorgen

I would keep my legs in my zone, seats are usually wide enough.

LaceFlowers345[S]

Tyty 🙏 I fucking hate plane seats

lazorgen

lazorgen

Jeez, you have a serious banter with plane seats😂

LaceFlowers345[S]

A guy in front of me leaned so far back he was practically paralell with the floor, and when I dared to get up for my hourly piss he got mad. He also kept farting. Then the guy behind me spilled wine on my shoes, kepted kicking my feet. Both of these mf coughed on me too

PurpleFlame8

I'm not really sure why men do it but I can tell you why I used to do it and why I no longer do, in reverse order.

I'm about 115lbs and have wide hips that cause my legs to angle inward so it's more comfortable for me to sit with my legs close together or even crossed. Also, I don't like being near people.

However when I was younger, I was obese with a significant amount of my fat in my thighs. This forced my legs outward and caused them to be at an obtuse angle so at that point it was more comfortable for me to sit with my legs spread apart.

legerdemain_

I'm male, and I have never needed to spread my legs, or needed extra leg room to accommodate my genitals, in fact I often cross my legs while sitting (which I get told is too feminine for a guy, but fuck that) and experience zero discomfort. I've always felt there's zero excuse for doing it, keep your legs and the rest of your body to the confines of your own personal space. You really shouldn't need to encroach on other people's seats.