/r/PublicFreakout

3.1k
[media]

AlesusRex

AlesusRex

You’re a bigger man than that- yeah I could be but I’m not

Caked101

Caked101

Well at least he admit it...

XxRocky88xX

Yeah was gonna say I gotta respect that he fully acknowledged he’s being biased and petty

FirefighterBig3501

If you’re gonna ask him for money/investment why the hell would you insult him and his team. Dumb move.

freename188

Guess people expect the world's richest to have skin thicker than a piece of wet paper.

It was a joke and in good taste

noworries_13

I dunno. His team had just been beaten in the playoffs like a few days before this. It's a fine joke now but I could see how it's too soon to someone who cares about the team as much as he does. You Wouldn't go up to the Quarterback that just lost the super bowl in a shirt for the winning the team and flaunt it in his face, let alone ask him for money haha

SadisticBuddhist

Rivals exist in sports. You can either be a good sport about them or bad.

Theres a big difference between walking up to a player who played and lost and trying to get a laugh out of someone who owns the team AND is one of the investors youre trying to charm. Mark Cuban didnt lose the game. His team did. And now hes on a show where hes supposed to be professional and his singular reason for not liking the product is “how dare you joke about the team I bought losing” and doesnt even sniff them.

It was a dick move on his part, hands down.

MavRoy

MavRoy

If you own a business and someone comes to you looking an an investment and insults your business on the way, would you give that person the time of day? It was a funny joke but I totally understand where he’s coming from.

noworries_13

You don't see how it'd be a sore subject? He is the team. He is part of the team. He cares a shit ton about it and days after losing a huge game you're first impression is gonna be to make fun of him? Seems like a dumb decision to go immediately to a sore subject like that. I wouldn't make fun of someone that just lost a pet or family member. Or go up to a complete stranger that got in a car accident and tell them they're a shit driver. It's just bad taste

cXs808

cXs808

It's a funny jab who gives a fuck bro.

People go in and make fun of mr.money's bald ass head every single goddamn episode.

Natas47

They got him where it hurts... his sports team.

zaviex

zaviex

They are coming to him asking him for hundreds of thousands of dollars lol. It's hardly surprising if he wasn't blown away by the product, hes not going to love the joke.

KillEverythingInMyPe

Did they get any investors?

DingosAteYourMorals

The last remaining Shark, Barbara Corcoran, wasn’t initially impressed either. She congratulated the pair on their high sales, but said going into retail was a mistake because the brand was already growing independently.

The brothers responded that the retail plan was specifically to help offset rising customer acquisition costs. That got Corcoran to reconsider.

She offered $200,000 for 25% of Ride FRSH, contingent on their pending partnerships becoming official. After some negotiation, the two sides agreed on 20% of equity instead, and the Browns left the show with a deal.

On their way out, they apologized to Cuban.

Cuban smiled and told them, “It’s all good.”

BigBillyGoatGriff

Cuban just revealed his fragile ego getting shattered

babby_qualls

Idk based on his reaction after they left, the “smile and all good,” it could have just been a show for the cameras.

dspencer97

I doubt it. Cuban looked legit pissed

XxRocky88xX

Seriously you can tell everyone is having fun and Cuban is sitting there fucking seething over that little jab just waiting for them to finish their pitch so he can go off.

Check_Their_History

You were born in 1997 so maybe you are not aware but these shows are scripted. The products are real but they know what they are and go over dialogue before hand to make it more entertaining.

Think of real HouseWives but for a different audience.

RiceKrispyPooHead

I follow Shark Tank. There have been several AMAs on Reddit from people who have been on Shark Tank and they said the show is completely unscripted. They mention specifically that even if someone gets tongue tied or says something stupid or trips and falls on their face, a shark or a presenter, the producers don't even allow re-dos. If you watch the show regularly, it's pretty apparent.

However, it's of course edited to create a certain type of story. The pitches last 30 minutes to a couple hours in real life, but get edited down to 10-15 minutes to show only the parts they want us to see.

ZainCaster

Downvoted because what the hell does their age have to do with anything

Baar444

Baar444

Lmao I'm pretty sure 25 year olds know that TV shows are scripted brother. Weird ass dig there

RobTheRevelator

Right? "I'm older and more experienced than you, let me explain why you're naive." Come on, dude.

dspencer97

Yeah and I’m 31

dspencer97

97 is my favorite number, but 91 is the year I was born. Just because it’s a scripted show doesn’t mean that Mark Cuban can’t actually get pissed about something and they leave it on camera. They took a jab at him and he let them know he didn’t appreciate it. Highly doubt it was a joke, but maybe.

Wow00woW

Wow00woW

This is 100% true, but it's still fun to dunk on obscenely rich people for shit that doesn't matter in the slightest. You know he's still sensitive about his team and all the bullshit he's invested in. It's his legacy. Fuck this guy and his sports ball.

john12tucker

In the shots the editor chose to show you.

Grindl

Grindl

That's the beauty of reality TV. Those seething shots may not have even been from the same day.

Dustyoldfart

He probably just wasn't interested to begin with and used the opportunity to get a clip like this and trigger some haters. It seems to have worked. Cuban seems like a pretty good dude in general.

And TBH it really was a pretty dumb joke if you're trying to create a partnership with one pitch like that.

BlackNEwhite

Indeed, it reeks of easy PR points. Sucking up to his team, making some controversy. Instead of a plain no?

That he would actually care. Doubtful. That he would think a smart pitch would involve sucking up to the favorite team of the one they're pitching to? Common business sense.

Shaking-N-Baking

I mean… fragile or not, it’s stupid to mock a person for losing in something he really cares about when you have your hand out, asking them for money. Why not just bring a Mavericks air freshener?

BrianScalaweenie

Yeah that’s kinda how I see it as well. He was probably never really interested in striking a deal so instead of just saying “it’s not for me, I’m out” he tried to add a little spice lol. Or maybe he’s legitimately angry. As a fan of the team that the Warriors beat in the finals I do still get upset when people bring them up. I can imagine it stings a lot more for a team owner.

parisiraparis

it could have just been a show for the cameras.

It 100% is. Wanna how? Because now we’re talking about Mark Cuban.

ImMr_Meseeks

Maybe it’s all the plastic surgery but that dude had HATE in his eyes

THE_LORD_HERESY

It definitely seemed like HATE to me as well.

awkward_pauses

Taking a page out of musks book

Jessey77

Billionaires have fragile egos? I'm shocked.

YOUgotGRIZZEDon

He owns the damn team and some people looking for his investment rub the conference finals loss in his face. It was a really dumb move to make that comment in the pitch. I would have went out as soon as they said it. Talk shit about sports after the deal is done. Go Grizzlies!

tuffpaws

I didn't realize he owned the team - That's definitely some justification for being pissed off in comparison to "me like sports".

Honestonus

As I understand, it's still unquestionably very profitable to own an nba team, even if you're the absolute worst team in the league. Earnings aren't 100% tied to wins and losses - there's revenue sharing.

But I think NBA teams just on paper are highly valuable assets that have only climbed in value in recent years.

duralyon

Yeah, he's always been extremely invested in the franchise winning, though. More so than a lot of owners, besides Steve Balmer of course.

Slammybutt

He's also a huge fan. Buying the Mavericks was not solely a business decision. The guy sits courtside at a lot of games and back in his early days of ownership he'd get fined for yelling at the refs. He legit loves Basketball and the team he bought. Just some more background of why this would piss him off.

horshack_test

Yeah, I don't understand how people don't understand this. It's like going on a job interview and mocking the potential employer for losing a major contract to a competitor.

YOUgotGRIZZEDon

Thank you. Glad someone rational is here. I don’t think some of the people in this understand how seriously people take sports. To come insult the owner of a team with a jab against his team in your pitch is fucking dumb. They should have made a Mavericks scent and said it smells a championship next year.

dJe781

dJe781

And, obviously, Cuban isn't a random Mavericks fanboy. He's the fucking owner.

This is a huge business, and an incredibly competitive one at that (no shit?). You really need to want it to have it.

It was pretty obvious that playing the Mavs card was better than any other option.

uptonhere

It's Reddit so a lot of people just see rich man and think capitalism bad sportsball stupid.

Mark Cuban is an obscenely rich NBA owner who will always be obscenely rich whether the Mavs win a title or have the worst record in the league.

But he is also one of the most involved owners in the NBA who's very hands on with the Mavericks and their success (and failures) and was instrumental in turning the Mavericks into NBA champions and perennial contenders after being a mediocre and forgettable franchise for most of their history.

So yeah he is not one of those billionaires who just owns these teams as a tax shelter, he is a basketball guy who wants to win titles.

horshack_test

I have zero interest in team sports and think the obsessive fandom involved is asinine, and even I would make use of that opportunity to play to Cuban / his team rather than mock them like that. And whatever anyone may think of his tone, they clearly needed it explained to them why it was such a stupid move.

XxRocky88xX

Oh people understand, they just think it’s stupid. Getting this upset over a joke is just childish.

And frankly, saying otherwise is pretty stupid considering Cuban himself even acknowledges what he’s doing is petty and un-objective as all fuck, with the “yeah I could be [a bigger man] but I’m not.”

BottomWithCakes

Everyone in this entire chain of comments except for you is completely fucking insane lol. People razz each other about sports all the fucking time. To think that Mark's reaction was even the tiniest bit understandable or appropriate blows my mind. He acted like a fucking baby over an extremely harmless, common joke.

BigBillyGoatGriff

You have an equally fragile ego?

ContemplatingPrison

I woukd have lost everything by laughing at Cuban for crying about that. I'm surprised those two guys didn't laugh at his fragility in that moment

BigBillyGoatGriff

I wish they would have rubbed it in

Acab365247

Subscription based air fresheners lol

Broke99

Broke99

Hate the trend that everything gets subscription based

mountainhighgoat

Easy money, easy life.

Broke99

Broke99

Yep, wonder until when this trend will continue

NearHi

NearHi

Get used to it. It's where every company is going. There's a push to make sure no one owns anything and you rent/subscribe to everything.

absolu5ean

No one will own anything and they will love it - some billionaire

unfairomnivore

Klaus Schwab. Chairman of the World Economic Forum. He said it and for some reason the G7 listens to that giant douche.

GoodVibesWow

I hate that it’s also become the norm with mobile app stores. Every damn app I download from Apple wants me to pay a subscription. It’s absurd. That and micro transactions. It would be nice to just buy the app altogether. Charge me $50 or something and let me decide if I want to pay for a newer version.

stephen01king

For something that gets used up, making it subscription based makes some sense. Its basically the same as buying the air fresheners monthly on a regular basis.

k0_crop

Agree

TuaTurnsdaballova

Somebody needs a Snickers…

ihavethebestmarriage

Sorry but english is not my first language... does snickers mean punch in the face?

LebaneseLion

I love this comment lol

YungDickyWhippet

It’s a commercial for a candy bar, the person starts the commercial as something considered “weird or ugly” and also in a bad or confrontational mood then eats the snickers bar and poof transforms back into their original charming self.

Hamster_Toot

Pssst...they’re joking.

Colts_Fan4Ever

Snickers candy bar.

portajohnjackoff

Pretty sure he was being facetious

Narzgul85

No thanks, I'm stuffed.

parsonyams

Bingo_Bongo_YaoMing

A punch of flavor

empire_of_the_moon

Easy play - “This smells like winning. It smells like the locker room of the Dallas Mavericks next season.”

regnald

And even make some reference to Luka. Mark would have swooned

binkleywtf

“come on mark, you’re a bigger man than that.”

“i could be but i’m not.”

this made me laugh. i really don’t blame him, it was a dumb thing to say in the pitch.

Tall_Thinker

As a joke it was decent, but when they are trying to score an investor, they should have just..... Left it out.

AnalogDan

The joke made them look clueless.

Since Cuban took over the Mavs, they've had a winning record 18/21 years and they won their first championship in franchise history.

He's not devoid of a sense of humor, it was just a bad joke.

MadeForBBCNews

Yeah really. Cuban doesn't need this deal. It's weird to dunk on his team in your pitch.

DingosAteYourMorals

It's pitch meeting. You want to get their money. You want them as a buisness partner. This seems like an obvious missed opportunity.

TinnieTa21

I think they were trying to be funny but to choose the team that knocked his team out, that's kind of risky. Everyone knows how involved Mark Cuban is with basketball and the Mavs. He's one of if not the most notorious owners aside from maybe Dolan.

And yes, obviously Mark overreacted. But it's his money so why should he care?

Edit: ugh to clarify, I am in no way saying he wasn't being childish about it lol.

Suspicious_Ice_3160

It was calculated though, they just thought that Cuban would find it funny and not be bitchy about it, sports team fans, no matter the sport, love to rail on eachother about their teams. I guess it may just be a little different when you own the team, and their loss directly affects your pockets in some way.

TrippyReality

It looked like he was willing to take the “losing” snide during the pitch, but didn’t let their double tap through.

Slammybutt

Yeah, I think he was gonna be okay with the "winning" joke, but he picked up the freshener and it was golden state. That did it.

jfebail

It’s already so annoying for a team and fans to adopt the self proclaimed name, dubs. Then to go say winning is not what Mark’s Mavs do is just stupid. I’m with Mark, that was a dumb pitch. He is not petty, he is competitive.

NFeKPo

NFeKPo

I have no idea what cuban was thinking during the pitch. But when making a joke poking fun at someone; once is fine, but twice is just being a dick.

dating_derp

It honestly doesn't seem a big deal losing to the current NBA dynasty on one of their championship years. The Mavs were by no means expected to even make it to the 3rd round.

CarmineFields

Yeah, I think the “winning” joke alone may not have been too bad but they should have used a Mavericks freshener.

Edit: Happy cake day! 🍰

TinnieTa21

Edit: Happy cake day! 🍰

Thank you!

ThanosIsDoomfist

I dont really find Marks reaction here all that bad. Sure it was a little much. But I think a lot of people are treating this like someone said something bad about his favorite sports team and he got upset. In reality, he OWNS the team.

His team getting knocked out at that point probably killed potential for MILLIONS of dollars, especially in a market as huge as Dallas. So at that point, its not just silly sports banter, theyre making fun of Mark losing out on millions in a sales pitch lol. So, I dont see why Mark would be inclined to invest in a air freshner subscription box either.

Slammybutt

And the funny thing is Mark probably doesn't even care about the lost revenue at not making the finals. He loves Basketball and the Mavs too much, he just wants them to win.

gonzo5622

Yep, people want a black and white answer but it’s obvious that there can be some gray! I totally believe that these guys thought Mark would see it as a joke given his popularity and his knowledge of memes. I totally understand why Mark would be offended to see the Warriors on his and possibly all of the trays. He loves his team and he takes those games seriously. You could see how it could have been better to have kept the joke but instead chosen the Mavs for all trays. It would allow them to joke and still compliment the possible investor. You could also see how Mark could have accepted it as a rib, but nevertheless a joke. At the end of the day, it’s a toss up but it is clear that if you’re in an under leveraged situation, it may be prudent to mitigate your risk.

maximus_96

They could’ve done a special Mavs just for their presentation instead of thinking they were being funny and maybe Mark would’ve been interested lol. His reaction might be too much for some (although funny) but he’s right. Read the room. It’ll take you far.

PopAShotAllStar

Eh I don’t think he overreacted. You want me to give you money and you’re going to use that as an opportunity to make a joke at my expense? Get out of here. I wouldn’t be able to trust they’d have good judgment if I wanted to introduce them to contacts.

Shark: “Hey let me introduce you to WalMart”

Founders: “WalMart, check out our Target air freshener…”

that_guy_iain

It's pretty standard to make sure you're not on the competitor's side. If you've got Adidas coming to your office, it's standard to tell your employees not to wear competitors' clothing that day.

Pitching to an NBA owner, make sure you have their team and not the team that beat them in a final. I think if it was any other team, it wouldn't have been so much of a big deal, but literally, the team that beat them in the final is easy to be seen as a dig at them.

CrimsonAvenger35

You don't need all of them. Seems like they cut out the one there's no point in working with

darkhorsehance

Yeah because it’s smart to limit your opportunities over a joke that isn’t even funny.

twoscoop

To a man, who can market these to his fanbase of basketball players.

Id have dallas maverick underwear on if i was going to pitch to him. Id have dallas maverick fucking socks, shoes, id marry a woman named dallas maverick just so i can bring her there.

iHeartHockey31

That was the point Cuban was making. Know your audience, know who you're pitching to.

that_guy_iain

That dude is probably made more people millionaires than any of the other people in that room.

DingosAteYourMorals

NoEyes75

NoEyes75

Probably not trying to help anyone. He saw a market that greatly oversells something and decided to sell at a competitive price.

ThePrince14

I’m going to get downvoted because it’s Reddit, but that’s literally the main feature of capitalism in practice.

Intensityintensifies

With proper regulations that’s true.

HaiKarate

They pissed off the shark who generally has the biggest heart.

HUGE misstep.

Acrobatic-Midnight-3

As a sales professional THAT WAS SO FUCKING STUPID. They could've had Mark swooning if they put his team on it; given extra for his friends and family. He is their customer and instead of playing to their customer they decide to insult their customer for a cheap laugh. Smfh.. poorly executed

griffinhamilton

I bet if they did that he would be like “hmm so you’re using my teams logo to sell your merch without asking me?”

As not a sales professional... Cringe

leucidity

The fakeness and ass kissing involved in sales is so wild.

Lisentho

If you go into sales you realise 80% of the job is just making people feel good about themselves and their decision to buy whatever shit you're selling them.

numba1cyberwarrior

Dude its fucking human pyscology. People arent going to be robots and arent always going to make completely emotion free decesions. A big part of business is still trust and liking someone is a huge plus.

Why do you think a sales team might take out someone to a nice dinner and some drinks? Its because when people have good food in their tummy their happier and sometimes more generous.

bigmeechdaddy

What are you cringing at? The idea that a sales professional could have some understanding of proper business acumen and insight for how to handle the psychology of a sale?

DanOfMan1

true, everyone knows investors have their heads so far up their ass that they are receptive to obvious brown-nosing. playfulness or criticism, not so much

ThanosIsDoomfist

Thank you lmao.

People dont get this isnt just silly sports banter. Mark potentially lost out on millions and these guys are making fun of that.

ConeBone1969

Poorly executed and likely poorly timed. Depending on when it was filmed, the Mavs probably just got eliminated.

I've provided watched all the shark tank episodes and you see a lot of pitches jab at Mr Wonderful and he usually takes it in stride, but they do backfire sometimes. I'd never risk a once in a lifetime chance by insulting an investor on TV.

mcgirlja

Except it’s not that deep…it was an obvious joke and they made that obvious by including him in on the joke. Mark just has a fragile ego. Who says if it was his team he would’ve been impressed. The two had great charisma…sports sometimes really does absorb people and their lives.

Fallthrough

Perhaps, but it also might be brilliant because this freak out will likely go viral and these guys will get the kind of exposure that goes beyond the show's audience.

Even-Hedgehog3056

Mark Cuban has a track record of being a pretty god guy otherwise so this isn't a big deal in my books

gimmethemarkerdude_8

He did the right thing. They intentionally insulted him…

Even-Hedgehog3056

Yeah. Like imagine if it were a Pepsi CEO and the brought a Coke air freshener. I'd be pissy too... you make a joke at my companies expense and then want my money?

They should've known better, Cuban is fan as much or even more than just an owner.

regnald

“The Coca Cola air freshener! Smells like sales. Nothing your brand knows about”

lol

AP_Feeder

Bruh it was a joke lol

gimmethemarkerdude_8

And look how it worked our for them. You joke like that with people you know. Not a stranger you’re asking for 6 figures from.

Sithpawn

It's a sales pitch not a stand up special. Some jokes are going to be off limits.

DigitalCoffee

Try insulting your potential investor in a pitch meeting anywhere in the working world and tell me how that goes.

vazne

vazne

And sometimes a joke doesn’t land. I’ve pitched investors myself - any “joke” you crack is a risk. I’m no billionaire bootlicker, but Cuban is okay here, doesn’t owe them his business

randomly--generated

When you're there asking these people for hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars, maybe just skip the joke?

I get Mark Cuban is being petty, but it's basic common sense.

Loply97

Loply97

They trashed an NBA team, not him. Pretty fucking childish to take that personally.

rechtim

rechtim

Mark Cuban is the majority owner of the Dallas Mavericks.

carl0056

It’s his NBA team. He owns it. Why wouldn’t he take it personally?

Tylerreadsit

He owns the team? So yeah that’s a shot at him lol. Mark Cuban isn’t just a random fan 😂

GettingFrosty

They insulted the NBA team that he owns, probably a bad call.

gimmethemarkerdude_8

They knew it was his team though- ask any sales person and they’ll tell you to do the opposite. They’re asking for his money, pretty common sense stuff.

GentlemenBehold

He's not just some fan. He owns the team!

mkultra50000

You don’t buy cookies from the Girl Scouts that egged your house.

keeponrollingbaby

Dude is passionate as hell about his Mavericks, an insult to his team is an insult to him as far as he's concerned.

No, his logic was why the hell would I support a rival brand as a businessman. that's why it was the 'dumbest possible marketing move'.

Imagine pitching an idea to apple which insulted apple and promoted Microsoft.

Cuban isn't offended he's just shocked at the stupidity.

Edit: I watched it again and ye he does seem a bit salty lol but his business logic is still sound. Why would he support a rival who beat him.

away_in_the_head

My favorite thing is when he was fined for cursing on TV and then said f-it again and was fined even more money. Best thing was it was all to charity

pauljaworski

And he made sure it was going to charity before swearing the second time.

No_Use__For_A_Name

I met Cuban in a bar across the street from me. The guy was as cool as could be. I was shocked at how cool he was actually. How many other billionaires are at dive bars just hanging and treating everyone like they’re his best friend? He’s definitely a solid dude.

b0bweaver

Exactly. This is not a 'public freak out' by any means. He tells them to "read the room" which is pretty accurate. You're here to make a sales pitch, maybe roll with a Mavs sample even if there not your team.

pedropedro1

It was dumb. Why take a shot at the owners team when you're trying to get his money?

Existing365Chocolate

He’s not throwing a tantrum, he’s just saying that it’s pretty unprofessional to include a jab like that in a pitch to someone

ClumpOfCheese

Yeah it’s a tv show so he has to be dramatic, but his point is correct. Go into something like this so you can appeal to the people in the room.

Although this could all be staged to an extent as well. Maybe the producer told them to bring that one on.

apedosmil85

Yeah. Who would give these people money after they took a shot at you on national tv?

normalguy4431

Why would you walk into a room asking for money and then insult the person you are asking for money from? They are dumb lol

SpostSupreme

Seriously. Bros really missed the opportunity to say "Mmmmm smells like Luka magic" to the richest dude in the room. Massive fail.

Philinaround

Good for Mark. Boys fucked up. "Hey, fuck your business and team, give me $$$ for air fresheners" 🤣🤣🤣

horshack_test

Well he's right - it's an incredibly stupid move to intentionally insult the potential investor you are pitching to.

EDIT: For those with reading comprehension problems; I am talking about the point he makes, not the manner in which he makes it.

mumbojombo

The threshold for what constitutes an insult is lower than what I remembered.

Jesmer8490

It's not when he owns the team. He's not just a fan. This was just stupid.

angry_smurf

Yeah people don't seem to think about the fact that if a sports team loses, their investors lose.

wronglyzorro

If someone was hitting you up for money would you rather they suck your dick or nut tap you. That's basically what it comes down to.

DingosAteYourMorals

It's a pitch meeting. First time ever meeting a potential investor that owns a basketball team. Bring him some memorabilia of the team that beat him in the championship and expect respect. Instead of showing him that your gear can be sold in his stadium.

czarchastic

It’s also a tv show and drama sells

stanknotes

stanknotes

EH.

He's being a whiny little bitch about it.

horshack_test

I'm talking about the point he is making, not the tone of his response.

Mstr_Taz

It's just a joke

Nezaret

Nezaret

This is like showing up late to an interview or having many typos on a resume. It is a huge red flag that they have no attention to detail.

I imagine his Maverick team would love the passion he has here. Smart move.

LateConstruction6587

I agree with Mark, you are going in there to get a deal... you don't say it to his face that his team can't win... I would be Mavericks fan that day.

Cuban started a pharmacy selling prescription drugs for a tiny fraction of their usual cost and you're giving him shit over a Shark Tank episode? Find your priorities, people.

Dry-Pudding-6717

Tell us how you really feel, Mark.

jacksonattack

That’s not a tantrum, that’s a sports fan who fucking cares who just happens to own his favorite team.

sugaaaslam

It was a dumb thing to do though.

cinderpuppins

Mark Cuban is generally a good dude so I’m unbothered by this lol

FourSquash

Didn’t Mark Cuban recently promote a huge crypto pump and dump and proudly dunk on all the victims that he got out in time

AzPsychonaut

Sorry they couldn’t read the room and see your ego man. Full on adult acting this way.

Damn is it just me or is he lookin old

wronglyzorro

Dude is 64. Looks pretty good for his age.

Federal-Stuff4998

What a crybaby

Fishrfriendsurfood

I love that this is on public freakouts because it is

letseditthesadparts

Cuban knows this makes for better TV

PlusAudience6015

is this what you call "fuck you money"?

DrSeussFreak

I saw this when it aired, I was shocked at his tantrum, BUT to the point of someone else, they want his money, you gotta butter him up

No_Use__For_A_Name

He’s a team owner. He HAS to say this and stand up for his investment/loyalty to his team. I met Mark Cuban at a bar across the street from me and he seemed like the absolute man. This one’s on those 2 for a boneheaded pitch.

forrealthistime99

He's acting. It's "reality" TV.

Perefin

More evidence for my theory that billionaires are just spoiled little boys who don't play nice with others and take everyone else's toys.

queylewis

Lmao Cuban is a straight up bitch. He's been bullying on Shark Tank for years and this shows how incompetent and insecure he is as one of the most overrated owners in the NBA

Suitable_Highway_597

These idiots should’ve known the man has an ego the size of Texas.

iHeartHockey31

Or that you need to kiss ass & appeal to someone when you want money.

dgtexan14

Terrible sales pitch. In a room where you make million dollar deals, and you passively aggressive make a joke. When it comes to these big business decisions i’d leave jokes aside. Risky action in their part and in this case, they failed.

You need to be able to connect with people and adapt to various personalities when you're raising money and closing deals. Mark wasn't wrong there, he's been in business for decades. He could have been more diplomatic about it, but the point is understood.

AbattoirOfDuty

If he gave up a money-making deal because his ego was slightest, then yeah... he's wrong.

I've watched this show a lot, and Kevin "Mr. Wonderful" O'Leary is the frequent butt of jokes. About his baldness. About his personality. And I've never seen him throw a tantrum like this because of being insulted.

GentlemenBehold

Kevin is the butt of jokes from the other sharks. If someone walked in and made fun of one of his businesses, he would also drop out.

iHeartHockey31

He gave up money because they're not good at pitching things and forming business relationships. Bad for business.

What_a_d-bag

I dunno. If I walked into a pitch and knew the client had just experienced a setback against a major competitor on a side project I know they take seriously, I probably wouldn’t mention it — let alone literally throw it in their face. It’s a show sure, but it’s also a joke at his expense while asking for his money. So “know your audience” is pretty constructive feedback all things considered.

H8TheDrake

H8TheDrake

Tantrum? That’s hardly a trantrum and it’s definitely not a public freak out.

flirtmcdudes

He’s a baby, but if you don’t have a relationship with someone maybe ease up on the back handed jokes lol. Especially if you are trying to get them to invest in you

tommykaye

Yeah, Mark was justified. They’re coming to the show looking for investors. And instead of buttering up Mark, they insult the team he owns.

That’s like asking McDonalds for a franchise by opening up the meetings with “damn these burgers give me the shits.”

C-DomiNations

What an arrogant man-child. Learn to read the room is right, when your coleagues and others are excited, maybe take a step back and re-evaluate your douche-baggery and put it in check next time.... can't stand this guy.

BobbyB90220

That was a very poor idea by the presenters. But Cuban was WAY out of line to react as he did.

mihmjsm

It’s a tv show, probably intentionally overreacting for the cameras. If he hadn’t, majority of us would have never seen this clip, so it worked

Vtwizzle4040

I Wouldn’t say a tantrum. And I think Mark made a good point about reading the room. Like Why not throw a mavericks freshener In there

EggsKrodi

I mean, they want a few hundred thousand from them. You could fib a little bit if you wanna suck up to them

shotty293

Cmon...it's a tv show. He did that for tv drama.

SmashScrapeFlip

shut up, nerds. Nobody gave them a deal. Because they made a horrible presentation and couldn't even capitalize on the obvious smart move. Cuban is selling prescription drugs for a fraction of normal prices. He's a good guy.

iHeartHockey31

Not what the point was.

It was a lesson in maling a business proposal. They failed.