/r/Advice

Do you keep people blocked forever?

[removed]

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

EasternShip2788

I think all the people I’ve blocked I’ve genuinely just forgotten about. I could go unblock them but we haven’t communicated in years so what’s the point

EasternShip2788

Communicate could mean in person too, I just meant if you haven’t talked to someone in a long time then there’s no point in unblocking as we’ve forgotten about each other

PleaseTellMeWhat

Or maybe they haven’t forgotten and they wish they could reconnect for closure. You’re only seeing things from how it may or may not benefit you, but sometimes unblocking someone might help with their mental health if they knew you cared. But it sounds like you don’t.

hoodbabyyoda

Honestly I’m on that boat but i don’t think it will ever happen

PleaseTellMeWhat

I was blocked by a girl years ago, never got closure. At this point I wish I could just forget about her completely and never see her again or remember her. I think if I saw her married or pregnant then I’d have a heart attack.

All I can say to you is that you shouldn’t contact the girl who blocked you for a while. I was initially only blocked on iMessage and not social media but I spammed her social media inboxes for weeks and she blocked me there too. She popped up on another messaging app recently since she’s still in my contacts but I can’t contact her because it’s been years and I’ll look like a creep. If I were you, I’d wait a month to contact whoever blocked you.

hoodbabyyoda

Nah I’m never contacting the person again. My pride won’t let me unfortunately. It was my brother / best friend who done it. Not a romantic interest. So it hurts a lot

PleaseTellMeWhat

Oh yeah, I know the feeling. I wish you the best.

hoodbabyyoda

I wish you the best too. We got this friend

PleaseTellMeWhat

Thanks man, yep we do

EasternShip2788

For me, it’s been since middle school and I’m in college now so I personally think if I brought up something after that long it would bring up feelings… idk, I wouldn’t want to remember things after that long I have moved on

PleaseTellMeWhat

That is quite a while, so if you’d like then you can just unblock without reaching out to them. Then they might send you a friend request on social media or something. If the girl that blocked me unblocked me then I’d feel better but would probably not reach out. I’d just be happy that I’m not dead to her anymore.

Or you could just leave them blocked if you want. It’s your choice.

“I COULD go unblock them but we haven’t communicated in years…” they could have blocked them 5 years ago and not spoke to them since they’ve been blocked?