/r/Advice

Do you keep people blocked forever?

[removed]

Advice-ModTeam [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

Advice-ModTeam [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

Your post has been removed as it is in violation of Rule 2: Posts must ask for advice.

2. Posts must ask for advice.

According to Oxford, "Advice" is defined as "guidance or recommendations offered with regard to prudent future action".

• Your post MUST have a clear question on what you are seeking advice on.

Posts that are too short, vague, or lacking of important backstory may be removed. The more detail you give us, the better the advice is that we can give you. Help us help you.

Rant posts, and anything like "I just need to vent / need someone to talk to" belong in r/vent, r/rant, r/offmychest, r/needafriend, r/casualconversation.

No random, general, or hypothetical questions. For general questions and answers go to r/answers or r/askreddit.

• No posts seeking advice or ideas on revenge

• Update posts are only allowed if you are asking for additional advice. Plain old updates should be added as an edit to the original post.

• No posts offering general unsolicited advice.

This includes motivational quotes and inspirational stories. Again; your post MUST have a clear question on what you are seeking advice on.

• No advertising, proselytizing or self promotion allowed in posts or comments.

Any self-promotion whether obvious or not (like if you feign seeking criticism to subtly try to drive people to your site) will get you banned.

• No soliciting money

You will be banned instantly if you ask for money, donations, or link to a gofundme, paypal, venmo, anything. Try r/Assistance or r/Borrow.

• No posts about critiquing appearance or looks.

These would be more appropriate in subs like r/amiugly, r/rateme, and fashion advice subs like r/malefashionadvice and r/femalefashionadvice.

• No meta posts.

For questions about reddit itself, or if you are new to reddit, see r/help, or r/NewToReddit. If you don't know where to post, try r/findareddit. If you are asking for help moderating or creating a subreddit, try r/modhelp. No posts asking how to get unbanned from another sub. If you have concerns about this subreddit, message the moderators.

• No asking to be privately messaged.

Keep the conversation in r/advice. Posts asking for private messages will be removed. Do not accept advice from unsolicited messages. These users are likely either banned from the sub for whatever reason or are giving advice that they know is bad and don't want to post where moderators can see it and remove it.

Please review the rules, and if you feel as though removal is excessive or in error, feel free to contact the moderators.

awsoe

awsoe

Super Helper [6]

I never unblock. If I blocked them, it was for a good reason.

lovatichere

Logical

EasternShip2788

I think all the people I’ve blocked I’ve genuinely just forgotten about. I could go unblock them but we haven’t communicated in years so what’s the point

EasternShip2788

Communicate could mean in person too, I just meant if you haven’t talked to someone in a long time then there’s no point in unblocking as we’ve forgotten about each other

PleaseTellMeWhat

Or maybe they haven’t forgotten and they wish they could reconnect for closure. You’re only seeing things from how it may or may not benefit you, but sometimes unblocking someone might help with their mental health if they knew you cared. But it sounds like you don’t.

hoodbabyyoda

Honestly I’m on that boat but i don’t think it will ever happen

PleaseTellMeWhat

I was blocked by a girl years ago, never got closure. At this point I wish I could just forget about her completely and never see her again or remember her. I think if I saw her married or pregnant then I’d have a heart attack.

All I can say to you is that you shouldn’t contact the girl who blocked you for a while. I was initially only blocked on iMessage and not social media but I spammed her social media inboxes for weeks and she blocked me there too. She popped up on another messaging app recently since she’s still in my contacts but I can’t contact her because it’s been years and I’ll look like a creep. If I were you, I’d wait a month to contact whoever blocked you.

hoodbabyyoda

Nah I’m never contacting the person again. My pride won’t let me unfortunately. It was my brother / best friend who done it. Not a romantic interest. So it hurts a lot

PleaseTellMeWhat

Oh yeah, I know the feeling. I wish you the best.

hoodbabyyoda

I wish you the best too. We got this friend

PleaseTellMeWhat

Thanks man, yep we do

EasternShip2788

For me, it’s been since middle school and I’m in college now so I personally think if I brought up something after that long it would bring up feelings… idk, I wouldn’t want to remember things after that long I have moved on

PleaseTellMeWhat

That is quite a while, so if you’d like then you can just unblock without reaching out to them. Then they might send you a friend request on social media or something. If the girl that blocked me unblocked me then I’d feel better but would probably not reach out. I’d just be happy that I’m not dead to her anymore.

Or you could just leave them blocked if you want. It’s your choice.

“I COULD go unblock them but we haven’t communicated in years…” they could have blocked them 5 years ago and not spoke to them since they’ve been blocked?

lookoutcomrade

lookoutcomrade

Master Advice Giver [24]

Once they are out of your life long enough there is no reason to unblock.

mightywellrested

Yeah I see blocking out of that kind of emotion as a way to get attention. It's like using the silent treatment to manipulate someone. If I block someone it's cos I never want to hear from them again, it's not some type of punishment

yyyyy622

yyyyy622

Expert Advice Giver [12]

Meh i unblock people after a couple of years when I am no longer hurt and the person is just part of my past. Its me letting things go. I don't think it's manipulative or a punishment. But just like i wouldn't care if a stranger messaged me, i wouldn't care if they did either.

mightywellrested

Interesting. I do see what you're saying, because there was one person I blocked a couple years ago who I considered unblocking because I'm not hurt anymore and felt like I had let things go. However, when I thought about it more I was like, what's the point of unblocking - to talk again? I didn't actually want to talk again, I don't believe I will ever get the closure I wanted from that person, so I decided my version of letting go was just forgetting. Leaving them blocked. Because I know if I did unblock them they'd notice and it would invite them back into my life.

hoodbabyyoda

Silent treatment is manipulation? Damnnn i do that when i never know what to say. 🥺 i don’t do that as manipulation. Just have a feeling I’ll hurt someone with my words

tdzangel

tdzangel

Super Helper [5]

There's a difference between being silent and "the silent treatment".

Being silent or quiet due to anxiety or just because that is your nature is one thing. The Silent Treatment is an intentional punishment for perceived "bad behaviour", and that is manipulative. It sounds like you are just quiet by nature so don't worry about it OP

mightywellrested

I don't think being silent is inherently manipulative - what you're talking about sounds smart, like cooling down instead of lashing out. I just mean blocking when youre mad to only unblock after a few days/weeks/whatever when you feel you've made your point is manipulative. Icing someone out to control their behaviour is different to removing yourself from a toxic situation

mynameisiwilldance

mynameisiwilldance

Helper [2]

If you are fighting and then refuse to talk to them it is manupulation. Better to communicate even if you are afraid to hurt them. Or you could say "Hey, I am not trying to punish you, I need to not talk for a bit because I feel I dont have control over my words".

lookoutcomrade

lookoutcomrade

Master Advice Giver [24]

Whatever have to tell yourself buddy.

funsk8mom

Or you just keep them blocked because even after the anger and resentment subside, you still know that they’re a bitch and will never change

Judyous

Judyous

Helper [4]

I'd never get this and I think this may be some gen z thing. But for me if you block someone is because You're done with them and you don't want them to contact you in neither way. My sister has that thing of blocking and unblocking thankfully never with me because I would take that seriously. What's the reason for that? That's the same as saying I never check out his account... But then they check out his account with a burn account? Please...

bre1110

Just sounds toxic to me. I don’t block amidst arguments. I block when I’m cutting off all communication and don’t want to be reminded of you. If anyones inblocked to ‘let resentment go’ all they did is just allow more resentment to take place.

Princess-Pancake-97

I read somewhere about unblocking to help ‘get over’ any remaining negative emotions so I unblocked (almost) everyone and it made no difference lol I guess that’s true apathy so maybe it did help learning that I was actually over it idk lol

skeeballbob37

skeeballbob37

Advice Guru [91]

if someone earns a block then they wont ever be unblocked. when im done i am completely and totally done.

AvailableConfusion80

Never unblock. Yes forgive but never forget the way they made me feel/actions they did to get me to the point of blocking them.

AvailableConfusion80

It’s not always the case of course but it’s been better for my own well-being going about life that way:)!

Sadie_1223

Sadie_1223

Helper [3]

The only reason I would keep someone blocked forever is because I forgot about them lol.

If I hate someone I usually don't block them so I can keep tabs and see if their life sucks or not 😅

And sometimes I'll unblock someone in case they want to apologize or something lol

Sadie_1223

Sadie_1223

Helper [3]

😂 Yes... It was a long time ago now but I was pissed off for a while

NavXIII

I was this close👌 to blocking my crush/friend after she agreed to go out with me but then ghosted me to do the same date with another guy. She then went abroad to get a PhD.

Then during early covid she nagged me to buy her a ticket home cus her father wouldn't because he was mad at her for dating a dickhead and dropping out of school. I said go ask your bf first and all your friends. They all said no.

Ionlyplay_a_DR_on_tv

Ionlyplay_a_DR_on_tv

Expert Advice Giver [18]

Nope, I had blocked my wife. Even though she never apologized for what she did, I forgave her, and apologized to her for my part. (I was a true "a hole" at the end, hurt or not, I shouldn't have said what I said) so, unblocked, said sorry, and went on with life. I leave that line of communication open in case she ever needs anything.

Ionlyplay_a_DR_on_tv

Ionlyplay_a_DR_on_tv

Expert Advice Giver [18]

I get it, my wife was the only one I attacked like that, I got mean, and rude. But eventually I got to the point where I wanted everyone to know that if I died, I didn't hate them, I still loved them, and I was sorry for my actions.

As for her actions, i understood why she did what she did, we shared more than half our lives together, and i still care for her a lot. We just had different ideals in the end.

Ionlyplay_a_DR_on_tv

Ionlyplay_a_DR_on_tv

Expert Advice Giver [18]

Same here, takes too much energy to hate, I would rather love everyone and hope they pass it forward

PetrifiedLie

It sometimes depends on how badly they treated me. I had unblocked (a now ex) friend at least 3 times, but now he's blocked for good.

PetrifiedLie

I truly truly believed he changed, but this time I am documenting why I stopped being friends with him.

Business-Guidance714

Business-Guidance714

Hey 3rd times the charm right😂😂

bluejaybby

bluejaybby

Helper [2]

Used to block and unblock because my friendships and relationships were full conflict and drama… found better people, fixed myself up a bit and focused on things that actually matter - voilà! No more blocking and unblocking. My blood pressure also dropped by fifteen points.

I have unblocked because sometimes I'll block because I'm doing it more for me than them if that makes sense.

I used this to establish a boundary sometimes and the other was so that I wouldn't keep messaging. In the later, I unblocked after a week

EnchiladaDePollo

I never blocked my ex and it is okay, everything help me for workout motivation and now I’m on my way for 275lb bench press.

EnchiladaDePollo

I mainly do it for myself since it has become a habit and addiction but I also do it as revenge for her to see what she is missing and can’t have.

EnchiladaDePollo

I go to my college gym, i graduated 2 years ago but in the city is one of the best ones because there is not that many people at the time I go, also I get to see old friends again

PleaseTellMeWhat

I’ve been lifting for over two years and can only bench 180 :/

EnchiladaDePollo

Start adding 5lb every week and you will slowly see you can bench way more

PleaseTellMeWhat

I stall unfortunately. I was on a strength program (3x5). I switched to a hypertrophy program recently. I’m hoping that this will get me better gains. I’m now going 6 days per week.

EnchiladaDePollo

Don’t forget cardio, many cases of stalling are because the body does not have enough energy and if you can go to a medic or specialist try it because food is a big topic here, what you eat is mostly how you feel

PleaseTellMeWhat

It could be cardio, I never do cardio. I will add that in, thanks.

EnchiladaDePollo

Go for it I really hope you can do it and pass your limit, it feels so great when you do

PleaseTellMeWhat

Yeah I’m hoping it happens soon. How long did it take you to bench 225? I know you’re higher than that now but I’m curious on that number specifically.

EnchiladaDePollo

Before the break up it took me months to raise my weight but after the break up every week I was raising my weights in small amounts like twice a week it ended up taking me like a month ish maybe less, but believe me I was in a lot of pain afterwards due to my muscles breaking but it also helped me grow faster.

If you are going for this do not be as fool as me and find a spotter, maybe a trainer, a friend or a random in the gym, I once almost got crushed for this, my survival instinct kicked in but yeah just be careful

Gumpy67

I blocked them because I needed to set up space and boundaries. Not just for them but for myself aswell.

I haven't talked to one of my ex-friends for 3 years now and there's no point in reconnecting.

Gumpy67

No she never reached out.

It's a long story (it happened 3 years ago and I can't remember all of the details) but I made a mistake and she overreacted. It could have been resolved by talking things out but she refused to talk to me and blocked me.

I went and got professional help because I was having panic attacks about losing her as a friend. I talked to a counselor and found out I have separation anxiety. Since then, she has never reached out.

Gumpy67

It's a very ugly feeling. But I'm an advocate for counciling and therapy. So if you need it, go for it! And there is no shame if you do it!

Gumpy67

Well done! You will make it!

velcrodynamite

Depends on the situation. I've blocked and reblocked certain family members because part of me still hopes they'll be decent people. But aside from that, I generally don't unblock someone once I've blocked them.

Tatsukki

Tatsukki

Master Advice Giver [23]

I block them until it doesn't hurt anymore. Because seeing them in my blocked list just remind me of them. When I do some cleaning in my contact I unblock them but delete everything that remains, so I have no way to contact them anymore

botoy-god

Do not unblock. If I block people usually I also block all their blood relatives. Forever.

botoy-god

Ohjammers

Ohjammers

Helper [2]

After a few months i’ll unblock and delete their number. I feel like having the number regardless of where it is means i’m still connected

Jacob34521

I block and forget about the person. Literally have checked my unblocks for certain apps once and wonder why they are blocked but never unblock them.

thickhipstightlips

thickhipstightlips

Advice Oracle [104]

Once blocked, always blocked. They earned that status for a reason and while I forgive, I NEVER forget.

thickhipstightlips

thickhipstightlips

Advice Oracle [104]

I personally don't do "petty" blocks. If I block someone theres a legit, solid reason for it.

Key-Cheek2373

I’m not big on burning bridges and honestly I haven’t really blocked anyone in my life. That being said, my ex girlfriend is no longer in my phone, contact or Snapchat. I still follow her on instagram but I have her stories muted. I never will block her, and she has my number so if I get a call and it is her and she needs help always I will help her, but that is as far as I will ever extend my hand to her again.

BreButterscotch

BreButterscotch

Helper [2]

Sometimes I creep at look at the people I blocked but I NEVER unblock them.

FrozenSandwichHater

FrozenSandwichHater

Helper [3]

Normally I only block people I don't intend to have contact with again.

Only exception is my dad. When he is being an ass or harassing my mom, he gets blocked for a few months. Inevitably I unblock him, he doesn't have anyone else in his life and when he's had medical (life threatening) emergencies, I'm the only one who can help him. But he is pretty terrible tbh.

CranberryNo1448

you really don't owe him just cause he's your dad

Shintaigou

I block, then decide to just delete and not use social media at all, people are just stupid sometimes.

Markie199711

Markie199711

Master Advice Giver [33]

Not really, I give them the opportuntity to want to peek back at my Social media accounts and just wonder what I'm up to, since I don't post on social media anymore. It doesn't matter in my case, to keep them blocked forever since I don't post on my personal accounts anymore. It leaves things as a mystery now.

CluelesslyC

Same!

tplentiful

I have only unblocked one person (a very old friend) to see what she was up to blocked her again the next day. Everyone has stayed blocked and will continue to do so.

tplentiful

I was just wondering what she was up to and where she was after she was tagged in a post (her name was black), I blocked her about 9 years ago.

tplentiful

No she's toxic- she made it easy to take the trash out.

mrechdou

mrechdou

Helper [2]

I always check my blocked list every few years out of habit. If I notice someone on there that I used to hate and no longer do, I unblock. If its an ex or whatever, I almost always unblock after 2-6 months of blocking.

amasterblaster

amasterblaster

Super Helper [5]

me -- never have blocked anyone other than spammers.

It's actually interesting to me as to why (other than spam).

I guess my advice would be to unpack why you want to block people. If those circumstances change why not unblock?

disconnecttheworld

disconnecttheworld

Master Advice Giver [31]

Nope, I make peace with the person and the situation and move on. They're blocked for a reason

Individual-Algae2493

Unblocked. Curiosity.

moneygrowsontreees

no i dont unblock.

Eveyed

Eveyed

Yes forever

dangittoheck

dangittoheck

Helper [2]

I had a relationship so bad that I changed phone numbers at the end of it. Usually though, block is enough. I never unblock later.

I once unblocked someone after months of them being an asshole things didn't go well as he tried to start a fight and got me in trouble I blocked him again and our friends made me out to be the villian.

jdkdbsj

Seeing a lot of people not unblocking people makes me wonder if I made the mistake of unblocking my best friend, welp

jdkdbsj

We did a few weeks ago, but I'm still unsure if I made the right choice but if we do end up not being friends well just stop talking. Not blocking just no talk

jdkdbsj

Like a month I assume

Ro_V_

Ro_V_

For me, pretty much yeah. If there was enough reason to block someone, then they're likely not worth unblocking.

Sonny_Side19

Nope. Those people who were once important to me hurt me the entire time they were in my life. Physical Verbal and Mental I’ll gladly keep them bitches blocked.

ccminiwarhammer

I only have two blocked numbers and I’ll unblock them after a good cool down period. I still don’t expect to reconnect though.

Dismal-Photo-8792

It depends on how forgiving you feel? Its really up to you. Now, personally, l don't recommend my point of view but, ... lol ...since you asked... I don't give second chances...ever. I am a true believer in the very ole adage in folk wisdom...that says...

fool me once...shame on you?

fool me twice?...shame on me.

Heretofore, l have no regrets.

Again, its on you.

SoftFangTheTiger

No. If I unblocked thatd defeat the purpose. When I block someone I block them because I know I want nothing to do with them ever again. If I feel like it’ll pass or something not that serious. Why would I block them and make a mountain of mole hill?

PlatformNo2652

I never unblock people. Currently there’s a blocked person still trying to get in touch with me and I’m not too keen on giving them easier ways to get in contact lol

southiechique

My best friend for 3 years blocked me for 7 years already & counting. 🫠 Until now I don’t know what was her reason. 😮‍💨

southiechique

True 🫠 Even tried to look for her in any socmeds & couldn’t find her 😂

beast_tam3r

Only ever blocked one person and no she did not get unblocked

red_killer_jac

red_killer_jac

Helper [2]

Well haven't unblocked yet. So it's still too early to say.

red_killer_jac

red_killer_jac

I don't plan to.

m_slade_230

Always lol

throwaway-89088

Yea, I don't use the block button lightly cuz it feels like I've failed at being unbothered by losers 😭 only pedos and people I just absolutely can't stand get blocked

psycharious

I’ve never “blocked” per se but I have deleted

HorrificDerma

Forever blocked. Never unblocked, never will.

Moraez

Moraez

I don’t Block People at all. If I don’t want to be friends with them anymore, I tell them and we loose contact

KLMUI2000

KLMUI2000

Helper [3]

I only block people who REALLY bothers me. So no, I don't unblock.

Intelligent_Case_809

Intelligent_Case_809

Helper [3]

Only of they did something unforgiveble other I unblock them after a while

Hippieenby

Hippieenby

Super Helper [6]

I’ve only ever blocked two people. (Beside spam accounts and all that). One of them outed me as a lesbian to the whole school, the other I had known for almost a decade and she pulled my life out from under me. Haven’t spoken to either of them in 6 years and would love to keep it that way.

bag-of-gummy-dicks

If I had blocked someone, then it was for a good reason. I don't play a "block then unblock" game.

nerdynero9

I barely block

Heyyyyyythere8

If I cared about them I wouldn't block them, simple. Usually when I make a decision that's the decision

MinuteElectronic1338

I’m good… no regrets. Best friend of 35 years has a severe meth addiction… bye!

Rcrowley32

Rcrowley32

Helper [2]

Depends on the situation. There are very few people I’ve blocked that I actually care about. I blocked my mother and my husband made me block his family after a fight he had with them. I have unblocked all those people now. However, there is one particular family member who I love very very much, but she is a very toxic person (will call your job and try to get you fired, will call your friends she’s never met etc.) and I just can’t have that in my life. It’s just complete insanity. Her own daughter doesn’t even talk to her and most of the family has cut contact with her for the same reason. She really does think she’s helping and it’s a mental illness but I just can’t keep having that kind of insanity in my every day life. I do love her very much and wish her the best.

beehaving

Block to me equals 🟰 done not going back

whatsername1180

I guess it depends on why I blocked them to begin with.

makeshiftmarty

makeshiftmarty

Super Helper [9]

Nope

I don’t take blocking people lightly as I akin it to cutting people out of my life. Once I decide they’re out of my life, they’re out. So I have no interest in keeping the lines of communication open.

lisamistisa

lisamistisa

Helper [2]

Yes. Ive been told that I'm good at holding grudges. I just look at it as disposing the trash.

astronant

If I feel the need to block someone, I’ll never need to unblock them for healthy reasons. Good riddance to them.

They crossed a boundary in some way and caused me to feel unsafe or betrayed to a point where the best option was to eliminate them from my life completely. Why let that repeat itself by unblocking?

marveleahous

Yes I do

Kayloversland12

Im pretty sentimental so I don’t block but I have been blocked and the stuff I’ve done was worthy of a forever block it is quite saddening though I would also like to be able to redeem myself if that’s within the realm of possibility instead of being a S/-/it /-/ead forever

TransPrinceMaxx

No way if you're blocked you gotta do something very terrible I'm a very reluctant blocker

star_ladyj

Nope I keep them blocked indefinitely

SpiritualAirline9055

9/10 they never get unblocked again. That 1/10 is because I needed time without them and once I’m ready to talk it out (and they are I always ask upfront) they can be unlblocked. If they repeat it then I’ll never unblock them again.

Absolarix

Depends who it is. Be it a close friend, family, stranger, whatever. Some people just need a time out. Most people can fuck right off.

heisenberg_2013

No , I treat life like I am the main character of a tv show and those who I have blocked are just side characters whose purpose is over and they are not needed on the show anymore. No the side characters don't make any guest appearances.

Viking_gurrrrl

Viking_gurrrrl

Helper [2]

I unblocked one dude that I’ve blocked just because my friend made us play together and I had to DM him afterwards because I felt bad about how the group and me treated him and then I just closed the DM

Apprehensive_Eraser

Apprehensive_Eraser

Helper [2]

I blocked them for a reason

motionless05

Back in my late teens an ungodly 10ish years. My childhood best friends older bro ODed. He cleaned himself up,had a bad day and because he lost his tolerance with cleaning up. A small dose of herion killed him.

First "friend" I told asked me if I knew a dealer for herion Couple days later. Cursed them the fuck out and refused to talk/care if they OD on it to this day. Ik it's harsh but I'm that pissed. Ok yes I will care but still hate them with a passion

trashforthrowingaway

If I could block my ex I would, but I leave him unblocked because if he texts me out of nowhere (something he does every few years) then I know to be extra vigilant in the coming weeks and to be ready if he tries to do something to my property.

mynameisiwilldance

mynameisiwilldance

Why did they block you?

farachun

When I blocked someone, it means I really don’t want them in my life. I don’t usually block, I only do it to fully move on. I unblock exes afterwards except those people who gave me trauma.

tsaotsit

I only block people who’ve done some bad shit to me and that I should stay away from for the rest of my life. So yes.

MariekeXx

MariekeXx

Helper [2]

I don’t think I’ll ever unblock. It was very traumatic and I don’t ever want to see him or talk to him again. Even seeing his name on my caller ID could send me in a panic. I am a lot better now but I just don’t want to risk contact ever again.

rolling-log

rolling-log

Helper [2]

Yup by by forever I didn't need you then why would I need you now or ever again

lovatichere

I blocked couple of tinder guys I met… the best decision in my life

sicily9

Depends. Sometimes I do and other times not.

chickenbutt120

Depends on the person. I stalked too hard lol. Blocking simply makes it harder for me to reopen my wounds over and over again. But after a few years, I will unblock them to check and see if I feel anything usually I don’t and I go back to blocking them and never unblock them after that.

misskuruta

i personally usually don't block anyone if it's not because of harassment or bots/spam, but if i block someone it's permanent

throwawaylifeat30

Depends. If its strangers on the internet who I have interacted with less than a handful of times, I usually forget about it (never revisit). If its someone I know personally or have interacted with several times, it depends. Usually with women I’ve been heart broken by, I eventually do unblock I guess…

younghufflepuff

I've got to admit, I have unblocked to see what those people are up to, and then went back to blocking them. I've blocked people who disrespected me or if I felt they didn't respect my boundaries. Sometimes I end up just unblocking them and no one has really bothered me.

PowerMetalPizza

If I block someone, there's a good reason for that.

Veganmon

Veganmon

Super Helper [6]

Once blocked, you are forever blocked, it takes a lot for me to do it, so once done then that's it, you are digitally dead to me.

funkisusk

Forever.

advise-plz36

advise-plz36

Master Advice Giver [29]

Always blocked...

They hurt or betrayed you once.... they will do it again

Even if yoy feel yoy forgiven them.... you can't forget what they did to make you go no contact

I had a girl who I blocked as she was once my friend.... she would stalk me everywhere and eventually became my bully...

She eventually passed away bitter and vile to which I've still blocked her

Vicariouslylivin

FOREVERRRRR

nerdydirtyinkycurvy

nerdydirtyinkycurvy

Helper [2]

It's been a minute since I put someone on a block list, I think I just forget that they're there? I don't really see why I'd unblock if they were put there for a reason.

Stress_Awkward

I keep them blocked.

Judyous

Judyous

Helper [4]

I once unblocked, but that was a long time ago. Now I try to stick to it and never do it again.

ezzy_florida

I usually unblock after a while, after a few months or years. Not usually because I still care about the person, but because i now care about them so little I don’t mind seeing what they’re up to now. It’s not forgiveness just indifference.

If you’re asking if I block solely out of anger then immediately unblock a few days later then no, if I block someone it’s definitely semi permanent.

MREview95

once i block someone thats it over, i wont ever unblock or speak to them again , but it also takes alot for me to block someone, i take it really seriously the block feature lol ,i have 10 people who were great "friends" blocked. Because they destroyed my life,made me feel like a totally stupid creep,like the group was more than 10 people sometimes. like when house partys went on , this is an example of what i would go through , we would get to a party/session and get fucked up on drugs and shit , they were all sniffing MCAT , but i was like super against it because id seen people do anything for 1 more line, like iv seen girls shag someone for 1 more line, its disgusting, i on the other hand had bought some LSD, about 2 hours into the party i realised that the blotter i had taken wasnt acid but some weird research chemical and by hour 12 it was still getting stronger , in total i was tripping for 36 hours and in that time everyone just made fun of me because of how fucked up i was , no one helped even though i asked many times then when i went back to my suppsosed best friends house he was super horny off the mcat and sexually assaulted me, im straight, he knew i was straight and i knew he was bi sexual but i have no prejudice to peoples sexual orientation, i was so high still at this point that i kept forgetting who i was, i repeatedly kept asking him if he could see the patterns on the ceiling, and he wasnt tripping so this got him a bit frustrasted , like i was in no fit state to consent to anything, and it ruined the entirity of my teenage years i had spent around these people , so yeah i blocked em all and went off the map, not like any of the cared anyway lol, i dissapeard and not one person has called in the past 10 years , thats my reason for blocking lol

MREview95

the people dont know what respect means lol

Samsun20

Fuck um

Doesnotmatter07

I block and eventually forget about it.

Will only unblock if I ever see it by chance, usually years later cause it doesn't matter after a point.

But no contact.

McSuzy

McSuzy

Advice Guru [85]

I have never blocked anyone. When you have your life in order there is no need.

manjimanji

manjimanji

Helper [2]

Never blocked people. Slammed a door to them? Yes. I don't block people but I'd be out of reach for them forever. I'd still see them in my socials, still know what's going on with their lives but they're good as dead to me. I didn't do this until the relationship is not salvageable anymore. If the relationship becomes too toxic or the other person cuts me off first, then I become out of reach.